**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Chaos nodes and when they trigger

Chaos nodes, the ones that apply a random buff or debuff on both champs whenever a special is used, trigger the application right at the beginning, as soon as the special has been triggered. And in almost all cases, that's just fine. But it becomes a problem when the buff given is unstoppable. It's a problem because it totally prevents a special that would have absolutely landed from landing (unless they're especially stupid and just eat it anyways). But either way, whether they choose to block it or eat it, YOU the attacker are completely hosed unless you're lucky enough to be using a champ that isn't vulnerable after a special. This can result in an untimely loss of health or more likely on the tougher levels, a total KO.

I suggest a very very simple change that would make this much less annoying. Move the application of the buff/debuff from chaos to the end of the special. Easy-Peasey

Comments

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    So save ur specials for when Goldpool uses his special and gets unstoppable. That was my strat after a death or two
  • ScotchScotch Posts: 24
    Yeah this happened when I used Starlord's l2, Gold pool went unstoppable at the first hit, ate the shot, then jumped all over Starlord with no chance to block or evade. Kind of a raw deal
  • WimaksWimaks Posts: 105
    Notice this too. Could’ve sworn the buffs use to start AFTER the conclusion of the special…? I could obviously be wrong but I thought this was the case
  • AsmodeyusAsmodeyus Posts: 217
    Personally I think Unstoppable shouldn't be in the mixture but... sadly, that's the part that makes it frustrating, challenging, and the the #1-5 causes of broken phones
  • Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    It's been like this at least since February Trials of the King event.

I remember running into this back then and again a couple times during trials of the mad titan.

I do agree though that it should be moved to the end of the special attack. Just like how it is for juggernaut and unstoppable colussus.

A work around for now though is cap IW, if you got him, he can stop the unstoppable as long as you have a kenetic charge.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    It's part of the game mechanics, and you'll have to deal with it sometimes
    I mean, this one time I used chaos and we both got power locked so yeah, might suck sometimes.
  • VindixVindix Posts: 41
    I've gotten unstoppable at first parry more times than any other effect, how is this random?
  • Beholder_VBeholder_V Posts: 190
    This wasn’t even aimed at Goldpool, was just an observation from chaos nodes in general.
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 650 ★★★
    It's been like this at least since February Trials of the King event.

I remember running into this back then and again a couple times during trials of the mad titan.

I do agree though that it should be moved to the end of the special attack. Just like how it is for juggernaut and unstoppable colussus.

A work around for now though is cap IW, if you got him, he can stop the unstoppable as long as you have a kenetic charge.

Both Juggs and UC gain unstoppable at the beginning of their sp, and it restarts at the end. I only noticed because MD triggers after the sp ends.