**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Chat Censor

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
Is the Chat Censor for Ally and PM's an intentional change, or a glitch? It's quite annoying. Random words are censored as well as swearing. If it's intentional, I could see the reasoning. Although my Ally is completely adult. None of whom speak Hashtagonese. I'm just wondering of it's a new change so I can let my guys know, or a glitch. The censor is quite tight, and it's rather annoying. Not sure the purpose of censoring PM's, since it's up to our own discretion. Not that I'm protesting anything. Just wondering why the change.
In any event, any information would help clarify confusion. Thanks.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    X_Scott wrote: »
    8xubms43rnqh.jpg

LOL. Listen, I'm not campaigning. I can understand the logic if it was an intentional change. There are all ages that play. I'm just wondering if it's supposed to be censored or not. Personally, I feel it would be best if it were up to the individual Ally to be classified as "Adult" and turn it off. I'm just not that bothered by it to push that. I'm just trying to find out why our conversation is full of ###########. ;)
  • GargameshGargamesh Posts: 66
    It's true, I feel like this is Hello Kitty Online when it comes to their chat filter
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Then use your vocabulary boys! Instead of #### #### use "what the Kardashian!"
    Rap wrote: »
    Then use your vocabulary boys! Instead of #### #### use "what the Kardashian!"

It's not just with swearing. Random things are censored as well. Although if it is intended, I can give my guys a heads up so they don't get frustrated.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    edited June 2017
    Had a guy by the name of pola something something who was being a moron on Global. Tried to be a smart-alec and called him bi-pola. Got censored. Bi-polar is definitely a banned word lol. The word 'Idiot' is not banned I can attest though.
    edited June 2017
    Addyos wrote: »
    Had a guy by the name of pola something something who was being a moron on Global. Tried to be a smart-alec and called him bi-pola. Got censored. Bi-polar is definitely a banned word lol. The word 'Idiot' is not banned I can attest though.

I was censored when I said our last War Opponent had very few KO's. Lol.
  • GunzoGunzo Posts: 719 ★★
    Damn, this is ######, what?Why can't I say ######???Come on!

-Every single time
    Gunzo wrote: »
    Damn, this is ######, what?Why can't I say ######???Come on!

-Every single time

No, now it just censors the entire line. One word and all that comes across is ########.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    They messed around with the chat filter awhile back and it's filtering all kinds of stuff that it shouldn't.

There's been some threads on it, and not to long ago the word password triggered the # for the whole message for me.

I think they said that they're looking into it or something
    They messed around with the chat filter awhile back and it's filtering all kinds of stuff that it shouldn't.

There's been some threads on it, and not to long ago the word password triggered the # for the whole message for me.

I think they said that they're looking into it or something

Oh ok. At least they're aware. Thanks.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    edited June 2017
    I would like to see a full list with all the censors words. I want to know what I shouldn't to say because I don't want break rules.

Once I was censored saying a normal phrase in the Alliance chat and I never knew why.
  • AakashAakash Posts: 340
    Yeah it's very annoying. I have a guy named Jaq in my alliance who didn't have line for 4 days and whenever I wanted to give him instructions for AW. I said Jaq take 1,...... node and it got Censored. Then I added him in game and just sent him the nodes he had to take. Apparently Jaq means something bad in another language but my point is that in game chat is almost unusable atm
    Yeah, the censor in this game is garbage, one inappropriate/random word and your entire text becomes ###############

Kabam needs to improve this, I'm not sure if the alliance chat is infected or not but in Transformers Forged to Fight it does

Also friend chat is also infected with #######
    Too bad we couldn't censor the people who Flag everything for no reason. Lol. I'd be annoyed if I cared. They need to change the feature. It just gets abused more than used for what it is intended.
    Too bad we couldn't censor the people who Flag everything for no reason. Lol. I'd be annoyed if I cared. They need to change the feature. It just gets abused more than used for what it is intended.

I get flagged for making an inoffensive joke
    I get flagged for telling my opinion
    I get flagged for thinking of an idea
    I get flagged for everything I do

Yeah. I hear you. It's just trolling. Have a look at my Profile sometime. If you read the Flags it's pretty hilarious. Apparently adult conversation is not possible. Lol.

Yeah. I hear you. It's just trolling. Have a look at my Profile sometime. If you read the Flags it's pretty hilarious. Apparently adult conversation is not possible. Lol.

Jokes and opinions are also impossible for PC people, trollers and @ssholes

Jokes and opinions are also impossible for PC people, trollers and @ssholes
    I could care less. If they want to waste their energy Flagging everything I say, let them. It's just a number on a Forum Profile. Doesn't affect me a bit. They might want to look at their obsession with me, though. That's quite sad. Lol.
    They're obsessed with everyone, not just you

Perhaps. I seem to be the general target for a few. The stats speak for themselves. All it does is display that the metric will be abused as long as they keep it. I respect their reasons for having it. I just saw it coming a mile away.
    It's cute how they keep Flagging every comment. As if talking about the subject is giving it some sort of power. Lol. Still don't care. It has no effect on me or my comments here. Have at it. :)
    Motherflaggers
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited June 2017
    It's cute how they keep Flagging every comment. As if talking about the subject is giving it some sort of power. Lol. Still don't care. It has no effect on me or my comments here. Have at it. :)

I don't mean to be rude, but if you don't care, why do you keep talking about it? Why don't you ignore it? You're just spamming "I don't care." and "Lol." all the time now.

And yeah, the chat is to heavily censored.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    Is this about you not being able to say "gay" in chat again?

How did you get that from this Thread? Did you read it?

I most definitely did read it. I took into account that this isn't your first thread complaining about the chat censor. I happen to remember the content of the first thread.
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    I once said "Bob Ross was a legend"
    But all that showed up was #############

I most definitely did read it. I took into account that this isn't your first thread complaining about the chat censor. I happen to remember the content of the first thread.

Then perhaps you need to read it again. It's about the Ally and PM Chat being censored for random words, and in general. It has nothing to do with the word "gay". If it did, I would indicate that. I'm not one to be indirect.
    That's not the topic of this Thread.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★

Then perhaps you need to read it again. It's about the Ally and PM Chat being censored for random words, and in general. It has nothing to do with the word "gay". If it did, I would indicate that. I'm not one to be indirect.
    That's not the topic of this Thread.

Your first thread was very direct and it didn't go so well so that's why I'm asking. Just a question :wink:
  • Our chat filter is constantly evolving and changing, and some words are only censored because of the context that it could be used. That being said, this sounds odd, so I'll be taking this to people in charge of what gets censored and seeing if there's something up!