**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Blade counters, new abilities, node problems, server problems

wookehwookeh Posts: 147 ★★
Just want to start by saying, I am a CUSTOMER of this game. I spend about $100 a month on units, refills, boosts, etc.

You sold the new champion, domino, who with a 15% ability reduction was not much of a problem. Thank you for not making her degen scale with nodes like it does with dormammu.

Then you nerf her ability by not letting it trigger before the fight. Let me remind you that blades ability reduction shuts entire nodes off before the fight begins. But thanks for nerfing a character many people paid for and acting nonchalantly about it.

Not the first time. We have learned enough to wait. Sure the whales cover your failure. They always do.

But how can you seriously care about this champs 15% reduction when you let blade go by? Plenty of new accounts are telling you the truth. Do you even test this game when you bring on new characters?

It honestly feels like you don't. Or you would have known about domino killing abilities before the fight starts. You might want to tell your dev team what math is when they program RNG.

If you are a kabam employee thinking you'll just close this, please read on.

I know many people in this community. We are not happy. No we can't out do your spenders. But we have a voice to be heard. We play this game. And we are not happy.

This recent update is full of champion issues which you disguise as exploits or performance updates.

Even stuff you confirmed in the past to be working as intended. We can't trust your word anymore. Yet you continue to sell us stuff.

Sorry you messed up. Here's a 2* crystal. Would love to see you run a material business. Sorry you didn't like that sandwich. Here's a ketchup packet for your trouble

If you actually want to be transparent as you stated before, then be transparent. Talk to us. Want to nerf? Talk to us. Want to ban? We are listening. Want to decrease our war rating? Tell us why. Don't like a character interaction? Explain why.

You treat us like babies eating gerber. Give a minute and remember we are customers that pay your salary. If you have kids, we are feeding them. Keep the player base in mind.

Comments

• borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    The Voice of the Silent Majority. Can’t keep silent forever. Some good points too.
  • Anthony84rAnthony84r Posts: 8
    100% agree with @wookeh, show us some more support. Mods have been way too quiet, were better off asking opinions in messaging groups than asking mods here. Ive lost more long term members over the last few months than the 3 yrs ive been playing combined. Things need to change asap.
  • EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 470 ★★★
    Blade's AA reduction, while very powerful, only works against a specific certain characters (not to mention this is very limited if you don't have the GR synergy.

Domino's AA reduction affects every single character in the game, and she literally punishes you for everything including masteries. She needed a nerf and possibly still needs one.
  • wookehwookeh Posts: 147 ★★
    Blade's AA reduction, while very powerful, only works against a specific certain characters (not to mention this is very limited if you don't have the GR synergy.

Domino's AA reduction affects every single character in the game, and she literally punishes you for everything including masteries. She needed a nerf and possibly still needs one.

While i agree. Its 15% versus a guaranteed 45% or 58%
    And again, I'll teach math to kabam devs if I need to. Because both abilities don't work right at all
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    wookeh wrote: »

While i agree. Its 15% versus a guaranteed 45% or 58%
    And again, I'll teach math to kabam devs if I need to. Because both abilities don't work right at all

That 45 and 58 is 0 in most cases though
  • GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★
    wake up ...kabam
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Domino was breaking things that she shouldn't have. I rarely defend Kabam here but they did the right thing. If I had any complaint about the "fix" is that it might not have been enough or could be just right, still need more time to learn about it.
  • wookehwookeh Posts: 147 ★★
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Domino was breaking things that she shouldn't have. I rarely defend Kabam here but they did the right thing. If I had any complaint about the "fix" is that it might not have been enough or could be just right, still need more time to learn about it.

Blade breaks everything too. Which is my point
  • EvilRazorEvilRazor Posts: 143
    #WeNeedTransparencyKabam
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    I am happy with the game, but I also think communication should be increased.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    I wasn’t around for the 12.0 nerf fest. People are really salty right now. Basic friendly banter/chat is way down on chat apps. So many angry posts on the forum. Was it similar around 12.0? Kabam needs to get ahead of things. Their customer base is starting to turn on them...

I've been around far longer then I should, over 3 years now with this particular account.

The level of Anger is the same...

The reach of the Anger is not quite the same...

12.0 brought it the point even Kabam's most staunch supporters, youtube players ect., voiced outrage and an all out boycott of the game started.

Now instead of the outrage going as big as it did before players are giving up and just scaling back or giving up all together.

See this happened right at the near the end of an AW season, so there's a good chance that big shifts from the deep pockets won't happen till after AW season has ended.

From a business perspective, this is about the timing you would want to do some upsetting things to your player base.

Long time players would want to stick around to see the end of AW season so there's a lot of work to throw away if you quit now. Also with the end of the season is far enough out, many players would have adapted and moved on to use other champs.
  • Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 475 ★★★
    The problem with Domino is that at the start of the fight she was dealing damage with critical failure before you even made a move in some cases. I'm fine with her having the 15% AA reduction at the start, but critical failure shouldn't occur immediately and deal damage. Blade, while he can shut down notes in certain circumstances, did not deal immediate damage to anyone.

I do agree on the points of actual transparency like they have stated they were going to be trying to do.
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    I don’t think this post is about the nerf per se. Shoot me if I’m wrong, but the way I interpret it, it’s about all those ‘little’ tweaks that hurt the greater community (average Joe who spends a few hundreds here and there) in a myriad of ways, but won’t bother the real big spenders. Eg, those that spend thousands for a duped Blade. Those average Joes are a big part of the player base. And a part that rarely pipes up. They should.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    borntohula wrote: »
    I don’t think this post is about the nerf per se. Shoot me if I’m wrong, but the way I interpret it, it’s about all those ‘little’ tweaks that hurt the greater community (average Joe who spends a few hundreds here and there) in a myriad of ways, but won’t bother the real big spenders. Eg, those that spend thousands for a duped Blade. Those average Joes are a big part of the player base. And a part that rarely pipes up. They should.

In every group there's that silent majority...

What I've learned working with software development companies, tech companies ect., is that for every 1 person who takes time to say something, there's thousands that have the same feeling, but don't take the time to say anything, they just look for an out.

I've watched some great applications and programs go the way of the dodo because of this.