**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Season rankings went kaboom

So. Atleast 3 alliances just had their warrating increased by atleast 500 points. They also got points added to their season score.
Wtf is going on?

Comments

• rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    All messed up. They added a ton of points to some alliance and not just in season but to AW rating.

My guess is they were supposed to be subtracted.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    Check that. They added points to one alliance in particular. What about our points for the loss due to an alliance using mods. So inconsistent.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Don't worry guys. We're on this. Any ratings or scores will rightly reflect actions that are taken against Alliances that did not play legitimately.

I repeat: This is not the correct ranking right now.

Whew. Thanks Miike.
  • BirdofpreyBirdofprey Posts: 66
    I think it would hurt the teams if their war rating is higher than it is supposed to be. I would not want a 500 point increase in war rating and get matched with an alliance that has a war rating of 500 points higher than me
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Don't worry guys. We're on this. Any ratings or scores will rightly reflect actions that are taken against Alliances that did not play legitimately.

@Kabam Miike how about those that was affected and already found a war match?
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★

This is awesome news Miike! Please don’t forget about Legion! Very exciting news you guys are fixing the scores. It’s definetly the right thing to do. Kudos!
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★

This is awesome news Miike! Please don’t forget about Legion! Very exciting news you guys are fixing the scores. It’s definetly the right thing to do. Kudos!

@Kabam Miike u guys need to CHECK the legitimately of all these allainces. there is no way an alaince suddenly get hundreds of war rating and it effects war search, some allainces already found wars.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    The current war rating's are definitely going to make matchmaking interesting for sure.
  • MyhappydayMyhappyday Posts: 2
    edited June 2018
    Current top 4 aw alliances are in same chat room manipulating aw search and matching. They still do pilot to certain extent. Their leaders admitted doing so on multiple occasions in several chats. I hope i wont see them at top soon. Top season1 ranked alliances did not lose their rewards despite their confirmed cheating. Only lost some rating which only helped them match easier while still being in tier1 aw. Make it right this time.
  • qopqop Posts: 52
    edited June 2018
    AW suppose to be a competition of skill. But these guys keep look for loopholes to disrespect kabam’s intentions and our competitive environment.

I am also hearing people selling the placement of other alliances. This is worse than the double triple duplicated defenders issue we had in the past.

I also see people abusing name change making majority of its alliance members with same name mixing the letters i L I l for instance.

Such practices are really disturbing.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Thats why we should make season like footbal champions league
    Group stages twice and playoffs

And also transfer window and transfer block times

Or they could make it like the World Cup ... make AW a tournament that occurs once every 4 years. Not sure it'd be very sustainable though.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

Thanks Miike, this is what transparency looks like
  • Edge234Edge234 Posts: 38
    Quite a bold statement @Myhappyday where is the proof? Or are you spreading slander? You complain about their names, I bet they got them from the same place I got mine and you got yours... give yourself a bit of time to think of the answer........ still struggling ok I will help, KABAM !! That’s right kabam gives everyone their names yet you complain.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Myhappyday wrote: »
    Current top 4 aw alliances are in same chat room manipulating aw search and matching. They still do pilot to certain extent. Their leaders admitted doing so on multiple occasions in several chats. I hope i wont see them at top soon. Top season1 ranked alliances did not lose their rewards despite their confirmed cheating. Only lost some rating which only helped them match easier while still being in tier1 aw. Make it right this time.

https://theclassadvantage.com/2018/02/01/war-opponent-calculator/

The War Opponent Calculator is still a thing too. Don't think anyone expected AW Season 2 to fix all of Season 1's problems, the improvement this season has been substantial. Maybe for AW Season 3 Kabam will add some kind of automatic or semi-automatic matchmaking system to prevent alliances from manipulating the matchmaking process.
  • MyhappydayMyhappyday Posts: 2
    edited June 2018
    @Edge234
    Kabam Mike feel free to PM me. I got loads screenshots. Even have screens i got within their aw matching group and leaders discussing ways to pilot without getting caught.

And their tactics arent even a secret lol. If u in those acc and merc chats, u can see them talking about it although not in detail.

what names? you talking to the guy below me?
    edited June 2018
    @Edge234
    R u one of them?
    Yeah, kabam “allowed” the name change abuse. Changing names is not the issue here. Clearly looking at profiles and guessing and predicting defense placement is part of the fun and strategy of alliance wars. But, changing names with mixture of same looking different letters or symbols is just abusing a loophole of the purpose for allowing players to change their names (for purposeful more legitimate reasons).
  • Edge234Edge234 Posts: 38
    What legitimate reasons? Ppl bought a new account and. Want to change the name? That is against TOS. If I was one of them my name would be iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii or whatever
  • Sn1pes130Sn1pes130 Posts: 82
    In addition to penalizing teams for piloting I’d like to see Kabam compensate teams that faced those alliances by adding the win bonus back into their score and take it Away from the alliance caught cheating. If you’re piloting you’re cheating, that should count as an automatic loss
    edited June 2018
    Edge234 wrote: »
    What legitimate reasons? Ppl bought a new account and. Want to change the name? That is against TOS. If I was one of them my name would be iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii or whatever
    Thats true. But u r trying to twist and disuade my point funny guy. Are u trying to be hypocrite and say changing names to iiiiiiiii or llllllllll is fine but mention other abusive namechange practices like those tat sell accounts and change acc names? U r not helping urself.

Of course there are legit people who simply want to change their name of choice to something else due to change of preference.

This discussion has been closed.