**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Domino’s evade vs. Coldsnap

2»

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    G0311 wrote: »
    Josh056 wrote: »
    Can someone please explain to me how Domino just evaded Iceman while she had coldsnap on her.

same as nightcrawler, miles Morales, ultron ect.

You clearly don’t understand how coldsnap works. MM evades with cold snap because his evade buffs are active. Coldsnap stops passive evades— NC and OG Spidey. I’m guessing her abilities to evade are active then? Who knows. She’s probably busted.

@Josh056 you didn’t know that Domino has the strongest ability in the MCU multiverse? She’s able to counter everyone’s passive and active abilities at will.

Makes sense right? 🤷‍♂️

Active evade, passive evade, same same.....
    Also domino lucky is passive ability so passive evade...

Have we ever encountered someone who has both evade and ability accuracy reduction???
    However this seems stupid too as aa rediction could stop the coldsnap being placed but should not stop it working once it is there....
    Once someone is bleeding they always suffer bleed damage...it doesnt only apply on some ticks and not others....

If my understanding of mechanics is correct here, and it is possible it isn't completely, then you should be correct: ability accuracy reduction should only reduce the chance for an ability to trigger. It should not affect random chances that are not specifically and explicitly triggers for abilities. When Cold Snap is applied to target, I don't think it has a chance to trigger an evade-suppressing ability. I think it suppresses evade. Even if it only had a chance to suppress evade, there's still no "ability" being triggered, so ability accuracy reduction shouldn't affect that chance. Ability accuracy reduction doesn't universally affect all random rolls, or else it would neutralize things like critical hits.
  • Hey All,

The team is looking into this now. Sorry I don't have more information for you than this at this time.
  • Mingo0312Mingo0312 Posts: 218
    DaMunk wrote: »
    On very rare occasions I have seen the spidermen evade under cold snap. It's been a long time since I've seen it though, might have been a bug when he was fairly new. I've used Iceman since he came out, he is supposed to shut down all evade except for LoL, all the spidermen and NC type don't evade while under cold snap.
    After giving this some thought my guess is what I said earlier. Iceman has 100% evade reduction but Domino reduces his abilities so against her it's probably around 85% reduction. RNG probably won out against you. I would think her evading under cold snap would be pretty rare but possible. If it's happening a lot then there's probably a bug.
    No once cold snap is on it’s on not ability reduction can let her evade if he didn’t apply cold snap that would be ability reduction but don’t it’s applied she shouldn’t be able to evade even if her ability reduction was 100% with coldsnap on no champ should evade
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Mingo0312 wrote: »
    On very rare occasions I have seen the spidermen evade under cold snap. It's been a long time since I've seen it though, might have been a bug when he was fairly new. I've used Iceman since he came out, he is supposed to shut down all evade except for LoL, all the spidermen and NC type don't evade while under cold snap.
    After giving this some thought my guess is what I said earlier. Iceman has 100% evade reduction but Domino reduces his abilities so against her it's probably around 85% reduction. RNG probably won out against you. I would think her evading under cold snap would be pretty rare but possible. If it's happening a lot then there's probably a bug.
    No once cold snap is on it’s on not ability reduction can let her evade if he didn’t apply cold snap that would be ability reduction but don’t it’s applied she shouldn’t be able to evade even if her ability reduction was 100% with coldsnap on no champ should evade

Well I was thinking of it like Voids agility debuffs. You apply it and it reduces evade by 30% per agility debuff. At one stack champs will still evade regularly. It's been mentioned that if it's not mentioned abilities are defaulted at 100% so following that reasoning it can be reduced. As far as I know she's the only champ that has evade and ability reduction so we haven't seen this combo yet. This is all speculation on my part though, I'd prefer it to be a bug but guessing not.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★

Well I was thinking of it like Voids agility debuffs. You apply it and it reduces evade by 30% per agility debuff. At one stack champs will still evade regularly. It's been mentioned that if it's not mentioned abilities are defaulted at 100% so following that reasoning it can be reduced. As far as I know she's the only champ that has evade and ability reduction so we haven't seen this combo yet. This is all speculation on my part though, I'd prefer it to be a bug but guessing not.

Quake has evade and ability reduction. She can’t evade during coldsnap
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Anonymous wrote: »

Quake has evade and ability reduction. She can’t evade during coldsnap

I stand corrected..beats me
  • WimaksWimaks Posts: 105
    SS sp3 also nulls evade