**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Do 4 stars have a future in this game anymore ?

2»

Comments

• The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I'm 563k rated, uncollected and in a gold 1 alliance with a 14 million rating, my prestige is 5.5k and I still have to use 4* in defence and attack and in AQ map 5.

My 5* simply aren't good enough and get steam rolled in defence.

I use 4* holy trinity with 4* AA and switch between 5* SL and 4* Voodoo for questing.

For me 4* are still a very important part of the game.
  • I would rank up more 4 stars if the costs were not so high. Reduce the costs from three to two T4CC and I am back on board again.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    ^^^ To be fair, I became Uncollected (one pass through Act 5.1 & 5.2) entirely with 4* champs back in December. I didn't start pulling and ranking good 5* champs until after that. Even then, I still only have two 5* champs that I use regularly (Blade & Voodoo).
  • MightylibraMightylibra Posts: 185
    edited June 2018
    You need to ask yourself this question: how many 5* can you bring to R4? As of now, a player who 100% Act 5, 100% LoL and finish war season in Master bracket can have maximum 2 5*R5, 3 6* and 6-9 5*R4. An average player in Platinum (top 300) alliances normally own 1 5*R5, 2 6* and 5-6 5*R4. So, even an end game player at the very top doesn’t have 16 5*R4 or higher due to resources restriction.

Considering the fact that a 5* R3 is not stronger than a 4* R4, so yes, 4* is still useful in game. I would rather rank up 4* Blade, Void, Domino, Corvus, etc than 90% of champs in my 5* roster. But in one year, that could change especially if Kabam give out more T2A and T5B.
  • DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    4* Scarlet Witch is keeping 4* relevant
  • RicardobaltoRicardobalto Posts: 238
    I do think 4* champs have a place to continue using for arenas due to refresh timer.
  • AY_WonderlandAY_Wonderland Posts: 112
    At first, I though no. But now, I believe still have future at the moment. Reasons:

1. Most of quests and AQ can be solved by 4*, even your fighting skills are so so.
    2. 4* no need T2A. Which is very important for rank 4 / 5 those 5*. If you have limited T4A, while your t4cc is flooding, rank 5 a 4* still not too bad.
    3. You have a hope for RDT.......! XDD
  • ZzzZzz Posts: 154
    Yes, even I have 5*r4 I still still rank up few 4* champions b’coz they’re still useful on some event, and I still thinking to rank5 my 4*r4 lv99 archangel even he’s nerfed in some way.
  • ShadeZeroShadeZero Posts: 145
    edited June 2018
    4 stars that have unique uses or are specifically crafted to help with something are useful until you can replace them with a stronger one. For example, magik is the best power control champ in the game, there may be a path on something with serious power gain. If you have her as a 4* but not above then she will help much more than say a 5* sabertooth.
  • Gambl0rGambl0r Posts: 210 ★★
    edited June 2018
    dfdd
  • AY_WonderlandAY_Wonderland Posts: 112
    Zzz wrote: »
    Yes, even I have 5*r4 I still still rank up few 4* champions b’coz they’re still useful on some event, and I still thinking to rank5 my 4*r4 lv99 archangel even he’s nerfed in some way.

AA is one of the 4* worth to 50/50, if you duped him!
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    the concept that 4* is what 3* use to be when 5* first came out is wrong. When 5* first came out, mid tier player started having a team of 4/40 and high tier having team of 5/50. A 4* 4/40 is twice as strong as a maxed 3* and 5/50 4* is 2.5 time stronger. At the moment we are speaking mid tier only have 5-8 r4 5*, while only the strong having maxed 5*. And a r4 5* is only 1.5 times stronger than a 4* so 4* can still hold it own against them
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    For certain arenas. Also if they bring back dungeons
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    _GRINDER_ wrote: »
    For offense 4 stars are fine .. not for alliance war defense imo

Unless you have 4* modok or medusa or IMIW or Domino or.....yeah I have to admit there are still some great 4* defenders and some new ones coming out. Did I mention IMIW?
    I do most of uncollected quest content, AW, and AQ with 5/50 4*s and sometimes 4/40 4*s like my GR or Luke Cage still serve me well. Just longer fights occasionally. Only have 2 5*s worth much right now.
  • MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    only a handful if that, but they are still very much relivant for mid game players. There is still a ton of content that can be done with 4* champs. As far as end game players it usually for synergies only in my experience. Gold 1/Plat 3 we still use some in defense bc of diversity.
  • If you want to progress stop ranking them up to 5/50 because at the end of the day you are using your class cats which we all know aren't easy to get. As for me i have never yet ranked any of my champs past 4/40. 5* are the norm now and 6* soon will be. Are kabam making rank us resources easier to come by? Nope..... so why waste them with no chance to downgrade champions to recover material.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    Considering the fact that a 5* R3 is not stronger than a 4* R4, so yes, 4* is still useful in game.

But they are stronger. More health, more attack, etc. Not by a huge amount, but there is still a difference. Besides, for diversity I'd rather place a **** 5 star r3 than a **** 4 star 5/50.
    the only 4*s that matter are sw, thor, and electro(for strictly aw defence). so 4*s are still somewhat relevent till they release the 5* versions of those guys..hopefully

I have all of those and I stopped using any of them. When you get 5 stars that hit harder than those then they stop having value. Sure, some 4 stars have good utility that you might not have in 5 stars. But why would I ever bring a 4 star SW over my 5 star Voodoo? 4 stars just don't do enough damage and take too much block damage to make up for their unique utility.

Not to mention I steamroll all content with a 5/65. Why would I bother using a 4 star with utility to counter Magik with Limbo damage, when I can just facetank the puny limbo damage with my 5/65. 5/65 has so much health and attack it makes all 4 stars irrelevant.

Also: lol @ 4 star electro in defense
  • VenturaVentura Posts: 35
    _GRINDER_ wrote: »
    But honestly my r3 Falcon would hit harder than a 4 star rank 5 Xbones
    -No, it cannot.

In reply to your original question, whether 4 stars are relevant or not depends on your current progression level. If you are at a level that you can easily obtain T2A, then 5 stars are the way to go. Otherwise, there is only a marginal difference between 4 star R5 and a 5 star R3.

I am a member of a gold 1 alliance and run map 5 every AQ. I can't afford to upgrade all my 5 star champs. They are heavily taxing on my resources. I do agree however that 4 stars are not worth much in higher tier wars.

• user1234user1234 Posts: 3
    for me 4* are still very important. my only good 5* are Blade and Spider-man (Stark), the rest is garbage like Hulkbuster and Iron Fist. I have good 4* like Hyperion, Magic, Iceman, Ghost Rider and such. I use them and my 5* Blade and Spider-man. If I get a really exceptional 4*, I take it to rank 5, like Scarlet Witch a few weeks ago. other than that, I currently don't rank much, I save the catalysts for god-tier 5*
  • Well in my opinion if you have 4* worth ranking definitely do it...at some point we will get rank down tickets and given that 5* and 6* champions have a higher ceiling by the time you get to that part of your journey as a summoner you can use said tickets so I'm no way are you hurting yourself and yes 4 stars are very much still useful. though we are experiencing a slight shift in balance 3* are not NEARLY as useful as 4 stars when u factor in content such as completing master events and even act 5 but I'm sure once they roll out 5.3 and moving forward to act 6 ECT. 4* will be considered a lot less valuable but with new players and accounts being made constantly all tiers of champions will always be useful so I guess the answer to your question depends on summoner lvl and competition