**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

I just got a 5* dr Voodoo, should I be happy?

SnurrisSnurris Posts: 428 ★★★
Hi.
I have absolutely 0 experience from playing with voodoo. Is he any good and in that case how do u use him? (AQ, AW etc)
Thanks!

Comments

• StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    hes ok unawakened, but becomes brilliant once he is awakened.
    depends on the rest of your roster if you should be excited. your best bet for "how to use him" is youtube videos
    he is not overly complicated, you just have to pay attention to your combo meter before launching specials.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    1. He needs to be awakened.
    2. You really need level 4 or 5 MD mastery
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    He's currently my top champ. He takes a little practice to get used to his even/odd combos with his special attacks, but he's a very reliable champ.

Great regen, good power control, can absolutely destroy buff-heavy champs (like Angela and Groot). Like mentioned above, he's good now but really needs to be duped to be awesome.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    You should be happy. And you’ll be even happier if you dupe him.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    No he is trash
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »

Actually you really don’t.

His Sp2 on an even combo is more than enough to burn more damage on each attack than the power the enemy gains via getting hit. And even so his Sp3 or an odd Sp2 can handle passive gains swimmingly.

Also as arguably his best strategy I’ve found Even-Combo Sp2, Even-Combo Sp1 and repeat in any order to keep the Burn Buffs active the initial Spirit Venom doesn’t my d waiting as often you’ll have 3+ Loas for the Sp2 and the + got to the Sp1 plus the enemies buffs.

Mystic Dispersion is a cautious tool for Doctor Voodoo as he requires a bit of finesse to use most efficiently. He isn’t Ghost Rider where he only really uses the L1 and L3 as Doctor Voodoo loves to micromanage.

Also: try to never use an odd combo unless you have to confront passive power gain (this mostly refers to Doctor Voodoo when he is duped but also effects his Sp2 fresh from the crystal).
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Unawakened DV is as bad as Jane Foster or Juggs. A big giant 💨
  • SnurrisSnurris Posts: 428 ★★★
    Thx everyone for your input! Will figure out his combo and specials and master him then :)
  • Oroku_SakiOroku_Saki Posts: 167
    Meh. Brother Voodoo is better.
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Doesn’t need awakening. He becomes beastly awakened. I beat act 5.4 with him unawakened and then awakened him.

He’s not too hard to use. All about ending combos the right way, but brother Daniel becomes a huge asset when used correctly.

He my second champ, but I pair him with ghost and blade or stark and blade for alliance war.

He’s very good for war, quest and EW/Story
    Thanks @Panchulon21 !
  • arni2arni2 Posts: 362 ★★
  • DanveerKarnaDanveerKarna Posts: 113
    Snurris wrote: »
    Hi.
    I have absolutely 0 experience from playing with voodoo. Is he any good and in that case how do u use him? (AQ, AW etc)
    Thanks!

Meh..sell him. He is useless. She-Hulk hits better than Voodoo. Period :p
    @arni2 thank you very much!
  • SoulBreaker1229SoulBreaker1229 Posts: 228
    Congrats bro. Great spin you should throw a party!
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Not until you awaken him, but pulling him is the hardest part! One of the best champions once he's awakened. So gz!
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    Shrimkins wrote: »

Actually you really don’t.

His Sp2 on an even combo is more than enough to burn more damage on each attack than the power the enemy gains via getting hit. And even so his Sp3 or an odd Sp2 can handle passive gains swimmingly.

Also as arguably his best strategy I’ve found Even-Combo Sp2, Even-Combo Sp1 and repeat in any order to keep the Burn Buffs active the initial Spirit Venom doesn’t my d waiting as often you’ll have 3+ Loas for the Sp2 and the + got to the Sp1 plus the enemies buffs.

Mystic Dispersion is a cautious tool for Doctor Voodoo as he requires a bit of finesse to use most efficiently. He isn’t Ghost Rider where he only really uses the L1 and L3 as Doctor Voodoo loves to micromanage.

Also: try to never use an odd combo unless you have to confront passive power gain (this mostly refers to Doctor Voodoo when he is duped but also effects his Sp2 fresh from the crystal).

Bro, I have a r5 5* DV. I think I know how to use him. Without MD his damage potential is just not that great.

Trust me, you want it.
  • PlagueisBanePlagueisBane Posts: 232
    edited June 2018
    best mystic champ ever to be released in mcoc, imo.