**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Upgraded to IOS 11.4

rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
edited June 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
So, kabam support I've upgraded my iOS from 7.1 to 11.4 as you are ending support for iOS 7 , but here's the thing -

I've the iPad mini 2 and the game just went from super smooth to super laggy.

How does upgrading the OS hamper performance so badly?

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app.
Restarted the iPad mini 2 and still the issue persists.

Is there any solution?
Any tips/tricks I can use?

I've already stopped most background processes and all new features that this iOS provides. Thanks!!

(I hope this is not a secret way of Apple promotion to sell more devices, like they've done in the past, slow down old devices with new OS)

Comments

• RicardobaltoRicardobalto Posts: 238
    Did the list say that the device of iPad mini 2 will be unsupported?
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Did the list say that the device of iPad mini 2 will be unsupported?

Nope. Ipad Mini is unsupported but not Ipad Mini 2.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    My anecdotal evidence is that there seems to be a period of time after an iOS update in which the device runs sub optimally. Then after a day or so things return to normal.
    Or maybe it’s just old. Mine is iPad mini 4 and I haven’t encountered any lags or kind of issues for a while now
  • Beholder_VBeholder_V Posts: 190
    edited June 2018
    The updated OS probably just has more overhead processing leaving less for the game. Or, many of these mobile devices use the storage space as their memory since it's flash anyways. Try cleaning up some space on your device and see if that helps.

Edit: And crimeny dude, from 7 to 11? You're lucky you didn't brick your device! Don't hold out on updates like that, it'll just screw you in the end. Heck, it might be the botnet farm you've had running on your device that can't operate now so it's throwing a fit :D
    Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on
    Or maybe it’s just old. Mine is iPad mini 4 and I haven’t encountered any lags or kind of issues for a while now

I agree, it could be getting old BUT the game was running smooth on iOS 7.1 just last night.
    Beholder_V wrote: »
    The updated OS probably just has more overhead processing leaving less for the game. Or, many of these mobile devices use the storage space as their memory since it's flash anyways. Try cleaning up some space on your device and see if that helps.

Edit: And crimeny dude, from 7 to 11? You're lucky you didn't brick your device! Don't hold out on updates like that, it'll just screw you in the end. Hell, it might be the botnet farm you've had running on your device that can't operate now so it's throwing a fit :D

Thanks.

It's not mine lol, I am an android guy, but since this game runs smoother on iOS I pick up my wife's devices from time to time.

Since Kabam said that they'l end support for iOS 7, that is when I actually checked and said that I'll upgrade it. I'll wait it out and see if anything improves.
    I understand you. The problem with the newest IOS version is that it’s mostly adjusted for the newest device, example iPhone X. It’s the only valid theory I can come up or else I dont know beside that you may want to clear off some unused apps as well saving your photo gallery to you PC or iCloud.

Edit: And crimeny dude, from 7 to 11? You're lucky you didn't brick your device! Don't hold out on updates like that, it'll just screw you in the end. Hell, it might be the botnet farm you've had running on your device that can't operate now so it's throwing a fit :D

Thanks.

It's not mine lol, I am an android guy, but since this game runs smoother on iOS I pick up my wife's devices from time to time.

Since Kabam said that they'l end support for iOS 7, that is when I actually checked and said that I'll upgrade it. I'll wait it out and see if anything improves.

I may be wrong but girls have a habit to selfie too often?
    I understand you. The problem with the newest IOS version is that it’s mostly adjusted for the newest device, example iPhone X. It’s the only valid theory I can come up or else I dont know beside that you may want to clear off some unused apps as well saving your photo gallery to you PC or iCloud.

Yup, Done already.

I'll see if I can wipe it and get it down to iOS9 or something haha.
  • Beholder_VBeholder_V Posts: 190
    I wouldn't go that far. I'd just clean up space. There's a place in Apple devices that'll show your free space. General -> Settings -> iPad Storage. From there you can see how much space you have, and what is eating it up. I'd start that route first.
    I wouldn't go that far. I'd just clean up space. There's a place in Apple devices that'll show your free space. General -> Settings -> iPad Storage. From there you can see how much space you have, and what is eating it up. I'd start that route first.

I think I figured out the issue.

And if I'm correct, the iOS also suffers from the Arena Champ Refresh Lag bug.

I have definitely seen this bug on Android when the fights will lag while your champs are being refreshed.

I stopped asking for help and the lag mostly went away.
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★
    My game has been lagging and even going slow mo since last updates line never before using iPhone 7 update 11.3.1