**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Semi-Retirement

LoganLogan Posts: 143 ★★
How many of you are taking a break this summer? Been grinding for 3 years feel like the game needs to catch up with the times. Love the game but just boring for end game players since the rewards haven't evolved unless you pay money for them.

Comments

• 0chris9999999990chris999999999 Posts: 137
    Kabam,
    I am retiring from the game after just over 2 yrs playing this game. There is nothing else to finish. I “officially” quit before Valentine’s Day after defeating 5.4.6 Ultron for the final time. 100% acts 1-5, 100% ROL and RTTL.
    Your marvel license is great...after seeing the Infinity War movie I came back to see MCOC version and EQ was done quite well. I played out the EQ and I have been waiting since June 6th to rank up my final 5*.(I chose rogue to r3)..one week Kabam... just to get a single t1a...c’mon...I’m not going to join an alliance to get one, especially if I don’t plan to stay.

I’ve been an officer, I’ve kicked, I’ve been kicked. All the god tier champs I had to earn because I was free to play...I always grinded 3M more than needed for each champ...rogue, Gwenpool, iceman, archangel, Stark enhanced Spider-Man...damn near 18M for each for both rounds...no magik, hawkeye...nothing for RTTL. The other god tier champs I got were AFTER I finished act 5 100%....you couldn’t even hook me up once. But that’s not why I’m quitting. By finishing all the content, I can finally get out of this game’s addictive grasp.

I officially retire my account right now...beta program in 3 days doesn’t count since we can’t save progression. So as far as my one and only account, I have done everything I set out to do.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Zibiit

Goodbye
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    The burn out is real
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    I took my alliance to semi retirement. Those that wanted to stay could stay. Not a lot of rules. Map 2 AQ. Join if you want. It's free and your champs are all free for personal questing and what not. No war as no one wants to deal with it. And it ties up your champs with most questing act 5, master and uncollected. We sometimes get to the alpha milestone of 3 day events. We do every third SA and always hit the mark. Outside of saving ranks and crystals for SA, the only other requirement is if joining AQ you be present for 3 logins and 15 energy. On map 2 it's usually easy to finish with 8 people. If people don't log in for a few days, no big deal.

Much more peaceful, less stressful, and not caught up. In all the kabam **** (excrement). And funny how I added the parentheses part and they uncensored the word before it.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    The game lacks a purposeful (or clearly defined) purpose. Once you separate from the alliance stuff it’s really easy to quit.

• MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Blax4ever wrote: »
    The game lacks a purposeful (or clearly defined) purpose. Once you separate from the alliance stuff it’s really easy to quit.

I think the purpose of this, and any, game is to have fun. If you're not having fun, why play? And if you don't want to play, there is no need for speeches or proclamations. Just do something else.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    With the introduction of new champs and the change to feature crystals, it’s becoming almost impossible for ftp (or mostly ftp) to keep up. A lot of people I know are taking a massive break after this war season. Between the bs in war combined with all of the extra events the last couple of months, it’s burning everyone out.

I agree games are supposed to be fun. But when you feel like the game isn’t givin you a fare shake in certain instances, that dampens the enjoyment.
  • KillSwitchKillSwitch Posts: 281 ★★★
    I agree 100%! I've gotten to the point where I almost forget to log-in daily because after 3+ years of the same tired routine/horrid daily rewards, one tends to spend more of their time/attention on purposeful ventures in life.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Logan wrote: »
    How many of you are taking a break this summer? Been grinding for 3 years feel like the game needs to catch up with the times. Love the game but just boring for end game players since the rewards haven't evolved unless you pay money for them.

For me the burn out has been coming... the 18.1 release and the whole working as intended put it over the top. Once AW season is over, I'm going back to either solo playing or a mostly retired alliance since it is a good time waster.
  • qopqop Posts: 52
    Weekly event rewards havent changed since beginning of the game. Instead, we see additional mini quests and deals here and there on top of the monthly quests. This may b why some feel theres bit too much to do to keep up.

AQ rewards havent caught up to AW rewards. Although id like to see Map7 soon, it isnt necessary to bump up the rewards a bit.

Unlike the initial intention of making map6 needing to be planned ahead in terms of donation accumulation needed to open the map...too many alliances actually played map6. In my opinion, map6 wasnt hard enough or map cost wasnt well thought.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    I understand people burn out, but really, is that anyone else's fault?

It's a game, people. If you don't want to spend a dime, you don't have to. You don't have to join an alliance. You don't have to participate in the special events. You don't have to do the monthly events. Arena. Boss Rushes. Challenges. Acts I-V.

You don't have to do any of this stuff.

The fear of falling behind, the desire to have every character, the desire to have every character ranked up, the desire to complete everything 100 percent...I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but folks, that is a "you" thing.

Whether this game lasts 20 more years or shuts down tomorrow, the answer is gonna be the same: Nobody made anyone do anything in this game, and if you feel like you "had" to do something, that's reason for you to look at yourself, not anyone else. Because life is all about the decisions you make, and the sooner folks understand that, the easier life becomes
  • MarriMarri Posts: 260 ★★
    Players who want to retire to a map 2-3 alliance, no obligation to join but participation desired if you do, AW optional (1 bg for those interested) can always come see us in Nightbreed. Add me ingame (Marri_2) or on Line (marriag_nimoy).

We are now 12 players, most of us been playing together for over 2,5 years. Used to be map5 tier 3 AW players before 12.0, some stuck around in higher alliances longer, but we got back together. I personally just sold out my account and rage quit at 12.0, but started a new account in October.
  • cling2cling2 Posts: 36
    Personally, I'm not at that point yet. Yet I think that when I do retire, I could see myself coming back to see new updates, try new champs etc. because I do still find the game fun to play.
  • cling2cling2 Posts: 36
    Personally, I'm not at that point yet. Yet I think that when I do retire, I could see myself coming back to see new updates, try new champs etc. because I do still find the game fun to play.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    There is no end to the game. What really is the purpose. It’s the same old thing and there is a lack of game direction from Kabam
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    There is no end to the game. What really is the purpose. It’s the same old thing and there is a lack of game direction from Kabam

If endings is something you value, you should play single player games, not multiplayer ones.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★

@New_Noob168

Exactly, instead of Kabam having legendary events that pop up once or twice a year where you can get a legendary 2,3,4,5,6* champ like Thanos, Kang, OG Vision, Deadpool, but you have to build specific team/factions to be able to fight for them. We get monotonous grinding and faulty servers and suspect RNG.