**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Hyperion and Power Shield

I'm very apprehensive to come straight out and say this is a bug but something didn't seem right about this fight. I brought my 5 50 Hyperion in to try on the power shield node(35) in war. It ended up being a 4* unduped MODOK. I was able to attain 7 furies with Hyperion before getting to an SP3 and firing that off. He was maybe around 90% health before the SP3 and it only took him down to 50% health, with 7 furies active on a power shield node. This just seemed off to me, idk maybe I'm missing something but I thought that would've laid him out. Unfortunately I don't have video evidence, only the pic of the node after he killed me with an SP3.

Comments

• _solidsnake_solidsnake Posts: 133
    I'm sorry I'm kinda slow, he wouldn't have been at 90% health because it was power shield, he would've been at 100%
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    I'm sorry I'm kinda slow, he wouldn't have been at 90% health because it was power shield, he would've been at 100%

Unless the OP fired off an L1 prior to launching his L3
    No, I went straight to an SP3. I think I did 3 heavy attacks in a row, maybe 4. Then fired off the SP3
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Personally, I'm a little skeptical that L3's scale up in damage on power shield fights. A little while back, Brian Grant posted a war video where he took Luke Cage on power shield. Even with several stacks of exhaustion, the L3 did very little damage...definitely less damage than the L1 he did in the same fight. It's possible that some/all L3's don't trigger the additional damage they are supposed to.

Side note, when you have Hyperion for power shield, stick to L1 whenever possible. The enhanced attack power also applies to damage over time effects, so the incinerate tears right through enemies. Even if Modok autoblocks some of the later hits, at least it should push him away a bit so he can't punish you. I come across a lot of 4/55 Mystic champs on that node and they go down in 2-3 L1's.
    @Mirage_Turtle thanks for the insight
  • Beholder_VBeholder_V Posts: 190
    @_solidsnake what @MikeHock was saying is that your heavy attacks wouldn't have done any damage to a champ on power shield node as only specials and damage over time can get through. So when you say he was down to 90% when you fired off your L3, it doesn't add up. Unless he wasn't at 100% when you started.

As for the L3 damage on that node, I think it only applies to the base damage. So while the furies certainly make the L3 damage greater, they're not included in the tripling of the special's damage, just tacked onto the end instead.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    That node has 90% armor in the higher tiers. You need specials to crit or have a dot effect that is applied during the special. L3s do not crit, Hypes l1s or l2 with armor break is the way to go.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Something was off in my fight as well. I timed out against 13k pi Mephisto on power shield. A time out on power shield doesn't make much sense. My specials were doing normal damage, and no extra damage. I thought it was that mephisto taking away my ability to use power shield in the beginning so maybe it would be a good node for him in the future, but if you're having same problems I definitely think it's broken. Need Kabam to look into this quickly.
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    Agreed. I used to run Lane 6 and dealt with that Power shield node. I used to bring Hyperion because of the poison node right after. I encountered the same thing. Even with multiple Fury charges, I’m pretty sure I did NOT get 400% increase dmg. Very underwhelming result. So instead I went to firing the SP2 (which often stuns) followed by an SP1 to finish off if necessary.
    But yes I’d say there’s definitely a bug with Power Shield node interactions with SP3s
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    Personally, I'm a little skeptical that L3's scale up in damage on power shield fights. A little while back, Brian Grant posted a war video where he took Luke Cage on power shield. Even with several stacks of exhaustion, the L3 did very little damage...definitely less damage than the L1 he did in the same fight. It's possible that some/all L3's don't trigger the additional damage they are supposed to.

Side note, when you have Hyperion for power shield, stick to L1 whenever possible. The enhanced attack power also applies to damage over time effects, so the incinerate tears right through enemies. Even if Modok autoblocks some of the later hits, at least it should push him away a bit so he can't punish you. I come across a lot of 4/55 Mystic champs on that node and they go down in 2-3 L1's.

I saw that video too. It made me test it, it certainly does not work right. S3 don't seem to get any attack boost at all.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Gwendoline wrote: »

I saw that video too. It made me test it, it certainly does not work right. S3 don't seem to get any attack boost at all.
    This is the screen shot of the damage in question.
    9euc1ojdzabq.png
    I was mistaken earlier with the 90% armor it is actually 66% armor. The 66% armor reduces damage by 66% so the s3 is actually doing 33% of it’s potential, meaning the special actually did ~30k which to me looks like it benefited from the bonus but the armor mitigated most of that benefit.

*Also add armor reduction to the list of specials that are good for the node; like MM CM Ronan.