**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why can't I actually edit my alliance description?

crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
edited June 2018 in Bugs and Known Issues
I hit edit, it shows the current description in gray, but I can't actually edit it. I can only start from scratch. It's extremely annoying to only have to change a date and type out the whole thing from scratch.

Just one of many basic user friendly things that lack in this game and don't get addressed.

Comments

• SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    crogs wrote: »
    I hit edit, it shows the current description in gray, but I can't actually edit it. I can only start from scratch. It's extremely annoying to only have to change a date and type out the whole thing from scratch.

Just one of many basic user friendly things that lack in this game and don't get addressed.

Just a suggestion (not trolling)

Type your description in a seperate document. (even an email draft will work)
    Then copy and paste it in the in-game text line. You can then just edit that seperate document when needed and repeat the copy and paste process. Hope it works!

I am pretty sure the alliance description box was created when alliances were created. At that time there was no AQ or AW, and they likely did not anticipate people wanting to change their descriptions on a regular basis.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    Yeah. Have already done that. I tend to forget it's in my Dropbox. And just annoying to have to deal with a workaround for something that should be routine.

Now that we're fairly retired and don't deal with normal game stress, the little user friendly annoyances stand out more. So to actually see my current description there, grayed out and having to type over it is just annoying and should be an easy fix on their end. It's just a text box.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    And they actually fixed it. Baby steps I suppose with all the basic user friendly issues.
  • Supersha7Supersha7 Posts: 178 ★★
    be nice if officers could update the txt also.
This discussion has been closed.