**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Drax/Mordo change

ShadeZeroShadeZero Posts: 145
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
So I discovered today that Drax can no longer bypass Mordo's Astral Evade, which he has ALWAYS been able to do. What was the reason for this? Is this a bug? I have a rank 4 5 star Drax and his usefulness just plummeted.

Comments

• ShadeZeroShadeZero Posts: 145
    Noticed some other threads on this saying it's a bug. There's no option to delete this post.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    There are a number of champs that can do it. It was acknowledged as a bug long ago. Still, adding a little utility to Drax is nice. I don't see the point in fixing this.
  • Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    edited June 2018
    I saw somewhere someone claiming that drax was named as a mordo counter by a mod... I have not seen any official responses today from a mod on the changes. Has anyone else? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam DK

Just looking for clarity
  • BobbykayBobbykay Posts: 1
    Just so many sneaky changes in the game. Playing Mordo with a class disadvantage with Drax because every champ has the niche. Genuinely so close to finishing up with this game. Not because you killed one of the very few uses Drax had but because you are so sly, deceptive and money orientated now. You see something in the game that gives a player an edge an take it from them. So bored with you constantly finding ways to coin in on us. Incentives??? Making the game more fun??? More like trying to cripple the average player while rewarding your top alliances.

The game is just not what it was. It’s now just a headache and we all wonder what way you’re gonna find to ruin again. I’ve just ranked up my Blade and pumped sig stones in. I look forward to you killing him in your next update
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I saw somewhere someone claiming that drax was named as a mordo counter by a mod... I have not seen any official responses today from a mod on the changes. Has anyone else? @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam DK

Just looking for clarity

There was an official response but no clue where it's at. They allowed there were no changes to Drax but some performance impovements that affected the frame rate. If I understand correctly it gives Mordo enough time to react now in-between the two hits. It's always been considered unintentional and just sort of an unintended consequence. He was definitely nice against Mordo though
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    This was always treated as a bug by Kabam and they have stated to not rely on it as it doesn't always work and won't always be here.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Not true. Kabam Mike previously said it was intended before. Even if it failed sometime, rarely, it mostly worked. Still works fine with X23 heavy too. Soooo, Drax niche is gone now. I still like him, but he’s not a specialized Mordo answer anymore.
  • BoogerPresleyBoogerPresley Posts: 75
    edited June 2018
    Drax’s ability to bypass Mordo’s astral evade was not a bug, confirmed by a kabam mod in one of my earlier posts. If it’s a big now, they need to fix drax, if it’s a nerf, they need to give out rank down tickets because the only reason I maxed drax out is based on kabam telling me it wasn’t a bug and his ability to bypass astral evade was intended. Also, archangels heavy attack also misses most of the time now too

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/23818/what-cosmic-champ-to-rank-up#latest
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    Drax’s ability to bypass Mordo’s astral evade was not a bug, confirmed by a kabam mod in one of my earlier posts. If it’s a big now, they need to fix drax, if it’s a nerf, they need to give out rank down tickets because the only reason I maxed drax out is based on kabam telling me it wasn’t a bug and his ability to bypass astral evade was intended. Also, archangels heavy attack also misses most of the time now too

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/23818/what-cosmic-champ-to-rank-up#latest

Nowhere in this thread is it stated that bypassing Mordos astral evade is intentional
  • Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
    Voltolos wrote: »

Nowhere in this thread is it stated that bypassing Mordos astral evade is intentional

So explain why the double strike was mentioned, please.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Lambda1 wrote: »
    Voltolos wrote: »

So explain why the double strike was mentioned, please.

You can easily read ii. You can block the first hit and get clipped by the second one. That's why it was mentioned there. Nothing about him being able to bypass evade

You can easily read ii. You can block the first hit and get clipped by the second one. That's why it was mentioned there. Nothing about him being able to bypass evade

You just pointed it lol. If Kabam recognizes the Drax's first medium mechanics, they also recognize that the behavior of evade champs against Drax has been modified. That is called a nerf.

You just pointed it lol. If Kabam recognizes the Drax's first medium mechanics, they also recognize that the behavior of evade champs against Drax has been modified. That is called a nerf.

Yes you are right. It was modified. In fact, it was rather fixed, since it wasn't an untentional mechanic.

Yes you are right. It was modified. In fact, it was rather fixed, since it wasn't an untentional mechanic.

Yeah you're right... "it wasn't intentional". And now "it works as intended"... À a year and half later. Lol.

And I guess that's why Drax now moves back during Spideys evade, right?

Sorry but only naive people or noobs could believe that.
    Is not worth it do discuss this anymore with you. You clearly don't understand the mechanics of the game
    Is not worth it do discuss this anymore with you. You clearly don't understand the mechanics of the game

Maybe you should take a closer to Drax's old mechanics before writing. Just sayin'...