**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

2* wars effecting the highest levels of AW.

Comments

• Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    Markjv81 wrote: »
    Vale84 wrote: »
    Just hide the +/- until attack phase has started, simple solution.

For the future, yes.

It’s not enough to solve what’s already been done. Punishments must be handed out.

I understand where your coming from and I don't agree that what they are doing is right but effectively aren't breaking any TOS in doing this.

So if Brazil agrees on a combine in the next world cup match they arent factually braking any rules of soccer. Does it make it unpunishable or wouldnt they be kicked out of world cup for it? ToS is a guideline, the spirit of the game has alwais been and will alwais be fair play. Modders or hackers are banned in games, that is the story.

I'm not here to argue, I agree with what your saying but let's not get ridiculous and compare the World Cup to a mobile game mode.

These collusions between alllainces have been around ever since AW inception and Kabam knows that and hasn't bothered to put a stop to it, I don't believe you can punish someone based on what has been allowed in the past. Just stop it from happening again in the future but in saying that if they do punish then good.

you can compare it with everything. From ping pong to world cup. Cause what is being debated is the "if manipulating scores should or shouldnt be punished". It applies to every game on every level.

If you play dark souls and someone in front of you has infinite health, your experience of the game is being ruined by the cheater. That's why you apply an anti cheating system in the first place. Same goes for resources generators in mmorpgs, or bots farming to sell resources. In MCOC case, it's all about Wars, but the same IDENTICAL concept applies.

There may be not a specific note on "you are forbidden from gaining advantages you shouldnt get by doing 2* wars, but the general rule of "if you cheat the game you get punished" is alwais there, alwais been alwais will be.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    As long as alliances can choose when to matchmake there will be the potential to abuse the system by having two alliances enter matchmaking at the same time when there are few others searching for a match. Along with this is the problem of seeing information about your opponent before locking in defense. Both of these problems need to be addressed if you want fair competition. One suggestion is using matchmaking pools where alliances enter matchmaking, set their defense, and then all alliances from that pool are matched up. If you want to keep some essence of choosing a start time you could run 2 or 3 pools each matchmaking phase.

Dunno the best way to do it.

But the way it is done now could certainly do with an overhaul.

Top 10 allies should all have to play each other once in a season as a minimum for example...

11-20 same deal.....

Hhere are 24 wars in a season. I suggest something that makes it so half will be against allies lower than you and half against allies higher than you.... but all within a close range of where you are....

And make it so there is noway to calculate who your opponent is until attack phase starts.... hide all the info...
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Marvel Contest of Cheaters, sad to see this is still happening in AW Season 2
  • ScottLangScottLang Posts: 149
    Maybe just get rid of seasons all together untill something can be done about cheating. This game mode as broken up a lot of alliances and brought out he worst in people all for items used to rank up champs lol this is what grown men (and women) are cheating and being complete a holes about is items to rank up champs lol its asinine wasnt this bad when aq was the way to get the rankup materials.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    ScottLang wrote: »
    Maybe just get rid of seasons all together untill something can be done about cheating. This game mode as broken up a lot of alliances and brought out he worst in people all for items used to rank up champs lol this is what grown men (and women) are cheating and being complete a holes about is items to rank up champs lol its asinine wasnt this bad when aq was the way to get the rankup materials.

This applies to anything that has competition.....sports, etc.
    Here is another idea.

Scratch everones war rating.
    Have everone start on 0....
    Yes it might suck for a while.
    Yes strong allies might steamroll weak ones for a while.
    But it will eventualy balance again.
    This time only fairer.

Allies will get reset back to 0 if caught piloting.
    Allies will get reset back to 0 if caught modding.
    Allies will be unable to collude and do 2* wars etc cus they will have 0 idea who they are facing until attack starts.
    Only the strongest and most skilled allies will be able to climb to the top.
    Under one circumstance i would like to do a 2* war....
    If we also only attacked with 2*.....
    In that case it would be fun.....
    It would not be a case of who has stronger champs...
    It would literally be about skill of the player...
    No items allowed...
    Only 2* defence...
    Only 2* attack...
    Could be really fun like that....
  • AegonTAegonT Posts: 156
    Just curious how much VNese got paid to let this war go !!!

Huh , How much ??

They were almost certainly happy to take the deal. That match is a loss either way for them. This way they max out their points from the loss and don’t have to use any resources to get there. It’s the best possible outcome for them once they match has been made.
    If i was approached with the offer of a 2* war.....
    I would agree...
    But then i would place my strongest defence.....
    That way incould crush them with my attack....
    Whilst they need to push hard to beat my defence....
    Serves them right for attmepting to exploit the system....
    What they think is an easy win is actually a ln easy win for me and a big #### You to them!!!!!
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    And what is a season??? This is the summer season, I think.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Drummer16 wrote: »
    I hope Kabam reverses all the points these alliances got doing 2* AW and piloting right before the end of the season so that they get feel the hurt of the punishment, and those alliances that have spent $$$ and units healing and reviving in AW by playing the game legitimately get rewarded.

Very large amount of players are once again burned out on AW Seasons from the constant spending of in-game resources and real $ to purchase in-game resources to finish their AW paths and constantly boost to lower their AW deaths. Just a little insulting that alliances who have no problem spending endless disposable income on MCOC colluded to improve their AW Season 2 leaderboard scores.
  • Repto23Repto23 Posts: 731 ★★★
    Or everyone can do this and stick it to kabam for making potions and boosts so expensive. They arent cheating so ya'll just need to get over yourselves
    There is no room of discussion for punishment. Punishment has been the same for all cheaters so far (1.4m points deduction and 300 war rating), and having NY or any other ally have a wider one would be unfair to them. You (we) can discuss the problem regarding next upcoming season but nit the current one.

Like someone smartly wrote tho, the problem is elsewhere:

The moment kabam stepped on to punish iso8 they created a new precedent. Being it too harsh or too kind doesnt matter. They got ahold of a clear case with proof for once so they have ti decide on a line of conduct. Which was considering war manipulation as cheating.

1)Being it minor, average or major manipulation doesnt really matter. If you gave a free walk with no defense, agreed on a 2* war or worse, the main point is that you tried and successfully manipulated the war you had.

2) the moment kabam decides that manipulation= cheating and hands over penalties, it
    means all kinds of manipulation are cheating.

3) as per above, for justice of an equal treatment and sticking to the "plan", every kind of manipulation MUST receive the same degree of punishment, there is no going around it.

Not doing so would equal to stating 2* wars are fine, no problem.can you imagine at 3 wars from season end what that would translate to? The whole season would turn into a meme fiesta just in those last 3 aws and efforts time and money used up for it would go to waste for most of who played by the rules.

That s all. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Loto

edited June 2018
    The moment kabam stepped on to punish [Removed by Moderation] they created a new precedent. Being it too harsh or too kind doesnt matter. They got ahold of a clear case with proof for once so they have ti decide on a line of conduct. Which was considering war manipulation as cheating.

1)Being it minor, average or major manipulation doesnt really matter. If you gave a free walk with no defense, agreed on a 2* war or worse, the main point is that you tried and successfully manipulated the war you had.

2) the moment kabam decides that manipulation= cheating and hands over penalties, it
    means all kinds of manipulation are cheating.

3) as per above, for justice of an equal treatment and sticking to the "plan", every kind of manipulation MUST receive the same degree of punishment, there is no going around it.

Not doing so would equal to stating 2* wars are fine, no problem.can you imagine at 3 wars from season end what that would translate to? The whole season would turn into a meme fiesta just in those last 3 aws and efforts time and money used up for it would go to waste for most of who played by the rules.
    Post edited by Kabam Vydious on
This discussion has been closed.