**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Percent chances, description vs reality

Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
Ok, I know this game is largely based on RNG with a % chance for something to happen. However, the percents listed really don't seem to be accurate in practice.

For example, Uncollected Kingpin (3.2 of the monthly EQ) is listed at having a 50% chance to convert any debuff to a Rage buff. Each debuff and stack of debuffs are treated separately (like 5 Spirit Venoms from Voodoo, each one of the 5 have a chance). But when I fight against him with my 6* Yondu, Kingpin is converting closer to 75% of the time.

It would really be helpful if we can get an honest and genuine answer from the game developers as to why the listed and actual percentages just are not linking up.

Comments

• ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Just because a coin has a 50% chance to give a heads or tails, doesnt mean it won't give me 5 heads in a row.
    RNG isn't a law, it's a generalisation, a human construct made to try and help people understand something. Once I laid 8 debuffs on kingpin and he didn't convert any of them. Numbers are a lie, and real life never follows numbers that we make up.
  • Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
    ShadPrince wrote: »
    Just because a coin has a 50% chance to give a heads or tails, doesnt mean it won't give me 5 heads in a row.
    RNG isn't a law, it's a generalisation, a human construct made to try and help people understand something. Once I laid 8 debuffs on kingpin and he didn't convert any of them. Numbers are a lie, and real life never follows numbers that we make up.

I have about 50% to trigger agreement on your comment but I'm still waiting to see Scarlet Witch triggering 8 buffs/debuffs at the same time (like discribed in her sig) to increase these chances ;-)
    Lambda1 wrote: »

I have about 50% to trigger agreement on your comment but I'm still waiting to see Scarlet Witch triggering 8 buffs/debuffs at the same time (like discribed in her sig) to increase these chances ;-)

HAHAHAHA
    That's technically a 27% chance to trigger 8 (de)buffs at the same time at max sig, but hey
    Numbers are a lie my friend
    We made them up, and now we believe what they tell us.
    (and that's how the robots are going to rule one day)

That's technically a 27% chance to trigger 8 (de)buffs at the same time at max sig,

I don't think so.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    All I know is that there is something wrong with the dice at the craps table if I keep rolling snake eyes...

That's technically a 27% chance to trigger 8 (de)buffs at the same time at max sig,

I don't think so.

Oh wait true yes I made a mistake.
    In that case, who knows what the chances are??

I don't think so.

Oh wait true yes I made a mistake.
    In that case, who knows what the chances are??

Nobody except Kabam themself. And they won't tell cause they haven't activated the transparency mastery yet.