**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

More AW manipulation.

124»

Comments

• nopenope Posts: 134
    A lot of that is people trying to divert attention. Some is people that were cheating and now aren't. Some is just people that have no clue what really goes on because it's pretty unbelievable until you see it happening w your own 2 eyes. Most people don't start playing a game and then immediately start wasting their time going to outrageous lengths to manipulate it for rewards... Because most people have better things to do.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Ultra8529 wrote: »
    Riegel wrote: »
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    There was a guy who posted a thread about this exact concern after the latest changes to war scoring.

He said AW could be subjected to manipulation from bribery because of the defenders remaining score.

Turns out he was exactly right.

Yeah, that was probably me as well. I keep bringing these huge issues up, but they don't get resolved till after the fact. That's ok I understand they have a lot more on their plate at Kabam than handling a bunch of cheaters. I just hope that at some point these issues get resolved. Same with the match making system problems I brought up pre season 1. Those got fixed, and I'm glad they did. Now we need a fix to the 2* collusion issue, and to crack down on these new ways of piloting that people are doing to fly under the radar.

Not really. You were the sarcastic guy who said that bribery wont ever happen in AW seasons.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/299388#Comment_299388

Funny how some other people in this thread were the same people who said such cheating won't ever happen in the other thread.

You know how sarcasm works I hope? I said, "When I looked at the AW season rewards I decided I'd rather be gifted some gold crystals and boosts than winning some t2a and t5b. Bribe me."

What I meant there is it'd be dumb to risk Season rewards for some gifted items. I can see how you might misinterpret what I said, but "bribery wont ever happen in AW seasons." is absolutely not what I said, and I have been making posts about cheating in AW from the beginning.
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★

What I meant there is it'd be dumb to risk Season rewards for some gifted items. I can see how you might misinterpret what I said, but "bribery wont ever happen in AW seasons." is absolutely not what I said, and I have been making posts about cheating in AW from the beginning.

That exactly implies that nobody would take some gifts (bribes) over T2A/T5B (season rewards). Yet we may well be seeing that exact situation occurring.

That exactly implies that nobody would take some gifts (bribes) over T2A/T5B (season rewards). Yet we may well be seeing that exact situation occurring.

Of course it happens and it is happening. It is a dumb risk, and yes people are making that dumb risk. That post was made on the day season 1 started.

I was obviously proven wrong in many ways.
    1: by people actually doing it
    2: by saying people would do it for in game trades. Obviously its an RMT issue.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★

Yeah I agree it's stupid as well but I'll admit I was wrong. Didn't think anyone would be that stupid. Could be seeing some even more nefarious means of quid pro quo going on than just in game gifting.
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    Didn't mean to be calling you guys out and I really appreciate you guys being big enough to accept past misjudgments. I did this not just for the sake of it but to highlight the point to Kabam. They need to really start scrutinising every single new feature they release in this game because if it can be abused, history taught us that it WILL. No matter how unlikely that might appear initially. The test is physical/mathematical possibility and not probability.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    Cheaters need to be banned! Simple as that! Why give them another chance to do the same **** over and over again and ruin the integrity of aw seasons?

I think season rewards should be dumped completely and just revamp aq and all other rewards to deter these stupid cheaters
  • Jackie2CokesJackie2Cokes Posts: 199 ★★
    Funny how all of this is coming to light in the last 2 weeks of AW season when top tier guys are scared they won't get top rewards that they've spent money on.

All of these top alliances have been manipulating matchmaking thru season 1 and 2 to gain an advantage, which is fine, not against TOS from what we've heard.

They're only mad now because another few alliances further found a way to maximize points and leapfrog them in the standings.

I'm not even close to a top tier alliance but from what I've read (admittedly not all of it because there's info for days) there doesn't seem to be much difference as it's all been about bending the rules, right??
    Funny how all of this is coming to light in the last 2 weeks of AW season when top tier guys are scared they won't get top rewards that they've spent money on.

All of these top alliances have been manipulating matchmaking thru season 1 and 2 to gain an advantage, which is fine, not against TOS from what we've heard.

They're only mad now because another few alliances further found a way to maximize points and leapfrog them in the standings.

I'm not even close to a top tier alliance but from what I've read (admittedly not all of it because there's info for days) there doesn't seem to be much difference as it's all been about bending the rules, right??

An alliance last week did something very similar. They got a deduction in points.

We are only now mad about this because there is only now proof.

We need to have discussions about this a proof that is s happening in order for there to be punishments dealt to those who cheated and to also keep this from happening again in the future so we can have a more fair war season.
  • nopenope Posts: 134

An alliance last week did something very similar. They got a deduction in points.

We are only now mad about this because there is only now proof.

We need to have discussions about this a proof that is s happening in order for there to be punishments dealt to those who cheated and to also keep this from happening again in the future so we can have a more fair war season.

Yeah this situation is something that has been whispered about and admitted and laughed about... But now there are screenshots. Makes it a different story altogether and provides the opportunity needed to make some changes happen. And there's still time to do so.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Vale84 wrote: »
    Quoting from my other post

The moment kabam stepped on to punish iso8 they created a new precedent. Being it too harsh or too kind doesnt matter. They got ahold of a clear case with proof for once so they have ti decide on a line of conduct. Which was considering war manipulation as cheating.

1)Being it minor, average or major manipulation doesnt really matter. If you gave a free walk with no defense, agreed on a 2* war or worse, the main point is that you tried and successfully manipulated the war you had.

2) the moment kabam decides that manipulation= cheating and hands over penalties, it
    means all kinds of manipulation are cheating.

3) as per above, for justice of an equal treatment and sticking to the "plan", every kind of manipulation MUST receive the same degree of punishment, there is no going around it.

Not doing so would equal to stating 2* wars are fine, no problem.can you imagine at 3 wars from season end what that would translate to? The whole season would turn into a meme fiesta just in those last 3 aws and efforts time and money used up for it would go to waste for most of who played by the rules.

That s all. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Loto

Can't be sure if you are speaking "for" the punishment or "Against". Not each and every offense can be judged in the same category. One/two guys manipulating their accounts so as not to use potions/revives vs a whole alliance colluding to ease their wars are 2 very different offenses, but in same area of the game with possibly similar results.

Manipuating events in a game is exploitation of the system and I agree should be punished. Imagine a scenario when Iceland needs Argentina to win their last game so they can progress into next round, but Argentina colludes with the opponent to make it a draw hence denying Iceland a spot in next round. (No offense, just an example). It is the same thing happenening in Wars which denies rewards to the next team in line.

What should happen to such a team? What happens to such a team?
    Disqualification.

I doubt the FIFA body will take this level of cheating and just reduce the team's rating/points.

It is the same that should happen here. Disqualification of the members and the alliance from receiving any rewards. There is no other option which can be fair to the alliances that are competing honestly.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    SO many allainces that was in masters season 1 have fallen off cause they cant pilot/cheat anymore

there are legit alliances that are playing for these rewards...

Cheaters never win and they shouldn't be allowed to have rewards...

"Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it."

please dont repeat what happened in season 1...please
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    SO many allainces that was in masters season 1 have fallen off cause they cant pilot/cheat anymore

there are legit alliances that are playing for these rewards...

Cheaters never win and they shouldn't be allowed to have rewards...

"Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it."

please dont repeat what happened in season 1...please

wait till season 3. cant wait for what new cheating methods the top allys will pull off /s.
  • we are one week away from end of the season. Is kabam doing anything? The punishment given so far is way too light
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    we are one week away from end of the season. Is kabam doing anything? The punishment given so far is way too light

we can only hope and see,
  • And i hope kabam dont immediately give out aw rewards after season end. They should review all wars including the very last one.

Knowing how smart and creative people can be, high chance some people will cheat on the last war thinking kabam will immediately give out aw rewards after the last aw and they wont get caught
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    Considering week end and war break i'd say we ll see what happens later today or early tomorrow. That said would of they want to NOT proceed (which i doubt as it d be literally favouritism towards a diff ally then the ones punished) or do so given the bomb exploded everywhere they should at least spend few words on here like in the previous situation.

-Are 2* pre agreed wars exploits? Or are we free to do them till season ends and save boosts potions and money?

- if they are, what s the penalty and kabams view over it?

Last time miike did a good post pointing towards the right approach ( penalization for the free walk master war), i d like to see this kind of care and effort more often.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Same will probably happen like it did last end of season. kabam will stay silent an issue rewards then address the issue before beginning of season 3. It's disgusting that cheats will get to keep season rewards.
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »
    Same will probably happen like it did last end of season. kabam will stay silent an issue rewards then address the issue before beginning of season 3. It's disgusting that cheats will get to keep season rewards.

I dont think so. Kabam has proven to be moving in the right direction since season 2 started. The fact some ppl do not agree with the type of penalties and their weight is rrlative and can be balanced for season 3.

Changing the type or amount of deductions midseason would be fair or unfair tho other allies who cheated and got less or more deductions. On this, i do stand for kabam for keeping the same meter of judgment throughout the whole season.

Unlike season 1, kabam has already took measures and it s assured that before handing out rewards the same will be done again.

The only matter is to ask and expecially for kabam to KEEP enforcing punishments no matter who the ally is and where it stands in the ladder.
    So no, they arent avoiding the problem but YEAH, they need to act on the latest matter in the same way they did last week to preserve and enforce the line of conduct towards cheaters.
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    edited June 2018
    ApexRV wrote: »
    My alliance is constantly starting AW and not joining or not moving a lot because we are too lazy. If Kabam starts removing points several alliances will be punished even if its not their fault :neutral:

Sorry to those alliances

laziness? you mean voluntarily joining AW and losing on purpose?

I guess those losing participation rewards make it worth it
  • VimesVonlipVimesVonlip Posts: 177 ★★
    Ban the alliances that cheat, ban the players and then move up the alliances that don't cheat.