**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Kabam please abolish AW Seasons. Increase AW rewards.

spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
I want to thank Kabam for trying something new in Seasons. It was a fun idea and nice attempt at updating something that had grown stale to many.

But there are many alliances that are committed to winning, whatever the cost. The cheating via piloting, modding and now backdoor agreements is rampant, and while Kabam has been trying to do their best to round up and punish the cheaters, how many are slipping through the cracks?

That's creating (continuing) an unfair balance of the game. The very best rewards in the game are being handed out to cheaters and Kabam is spending a lot of resources trying to track down the validity of players and alliances.

Why not just suck it up, swallow your pride and scrap Seasons? I don't think it'll ever bee 100 percent "police-able". And how about you just change up the War Victor crystal to include either t5b shards, t2a shards, or t4c's. You could even create different levels of War Victor crystals based on AW tier so as to not 'overpower' newer players, all the while awarding 3*, 4*, 5* and 6* shards as well.

In no way do I think what has happened with Seasons is Kabam's fault, its a shame that cheaters have ruined something that could've been really cool, but it is ruined, and in all likelihood beyond repair. It's time to move on.

Comments

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Couldn't disagree more, aw seasons are the most fun and competitive portion of mcoc. This is like saying MLB should abolish the playoffs because there's always someone on steroids, or getting rid of the Olympics.
  • MR44MR44 Posts: 17
    I do think they should have more brackets I don’t think you should get same rewards for finishing near the top of your bracket as the alliance who just sneaks in the bottom of the bracket.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    i dont think they should get rid of seasons. what they should do is ban ALL cheaters from seasons if they are caught. top allys are colluding with each other with doing 2* wars, for example, to manipulate the contest and they dont even get a slap on the wrist and just keep doing it and getting away with it.
  • Unknown_SoldierUnknown_Soldier Posts: 154 ★★
    what about account sharing ALL TOP alliances DO IT. Seatin Man of Legends ADMITTED it on Facebook. the same alliances that DOMINATE who have ALL best champs and continue to get ALL best awards remain and will continue to be too. They are also top spenders and thus WILL NOT ban ANY of these players. What will happen is Kabam will monitor the NON-spenders and rising alliances that copy the same behavior and BAN ONLY those members while turning a blind eye to people like Seatin. That way they can say they are being "Fair" but reality they only care about the cashcows...not rest of us.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,676 ★★★★★
    What if they made it so your defenders have to have a certain total pi ranking depending on what bracket your in?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    I can't say I agree with getting rid of Seasons. I would agree to continued monitoring for unfair behaviour though. They've done a great deal in the last 2 Seasons. I don't think that behaviour will go away whether we have Seasons or not. On the contrary, I think the Seasons brought it to light if anything.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Aw season just need to dish out harder and more severe punishments.

Most people jump ship wich in this case a lot of alliances did after they got hit for cheating,

why not punish the alliance and message the player who was responsible saying "you" cheated and kabam will need to punish that individual harshly like taking away that person eligibly to play in seasons. Why would they continue to play in a plat 1 alliance if they cannot get any rewards because that 1 person got caught?

because if 1 person can bring the entire alliance down, why not bring that 1 person down aswel?

1. cheating is cheating even if its 1 person, just like cheating on test 1 time is cheating, stealing 1 time from the store is stealing. 1 crime is 1 crime....and even a more severe "example" case 1 murder Is still 1 murder

2. alliance will take a hit for sure, but if that 1 person gets hit and get severely punished why would they stay for the rewards if it was literally stripped away from them?

3. just like u inputed the function where we can see if someone is online, why not give that person a symbol saying that person cheated. so we all know they did something bad.

the cheating person can easily leave the alliance and hop into another alliance showing off his roster/skills/prestige etc to get into an alliance. But if people knew if that person has a track record of cheating then people will passup on cheaters altogether.

SO many people was trying to get into the june 15th cutoff. only reasonable if we know the kind of people we are recruiting. I know any master/plat/ and even gold alliance would not want to bring a cheater if they know that person is a "cheater" trying to join there allaince