**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The demise of Dormammu and mutilation of mystic defenders

Hi there,

I would like to start to complimenting your continued use of the beta system. Sadly I wasn't invited this time but I still appreciate it.

Moving on to my reason for posting. After I completed Act 5 100%, I was ecstatic to have a Generic 5* Awakening Gem. A few weeks earlier I had gotten a 5* Dormammu and after lengthy discussions we agreed he would benefit the alliance tremendously as a defender. I proceeded to rank him to rank 4 and use my generic awakening gem and a handful of sig stones.

Fast forward back to today, and it looks like the reasons for ranking my Dormammu no longer apply of the changes being showcased in the beta test are implemented. He will become a useless defender, and his signature ability in particular will be affected beyond belief.

If these changes go live, I will have completely wasted my generic gem and 4 very rare t2a. Please consider giving players rank down tickets and the option to "unawaken" a champion to rectify this.

Yours faithfully,

On5l4ugh7

P.s don't forget to address the 2* debacle

Comments

• LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    What are the changes? Hard to sympathize if we don't know what's changing lol
  • on5l4uh72017on5l4uh72017 Posts: 31
    Long story short, evading multiple times doesn't cause the crit buff to expire and create a new buff each time
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Dont ikow what the cancge is but it most gone be somting with dex is pasive and md May Lower pover
  • rahul3038rahul3038 Posts: 107
    Don't say no one asked for this....So many people spammed the forums for this change once upon a time...
  • WimaksWimaks Posts: 105
    Really don’t see why this makes him useless in the slightest
    Sl wuld stil be kil with all he fury buff
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    Hi there,

I would like to start to complimenting your continued use of the beta system. Sadly I wasn't invited this time but I still appreciate it.

Moving on to my reason for posting. After I completed Act 5 100%, I was ecstatic to have a Generic 5* Awakening Gem. A few weeks earlier I had gotten a 5* Dormammu and after lengthy discussions we agreed he would benefit the alliance tremendously as a defender. I proceeded to rank him to rank 4 and use my generic awakening gem and a handful of sig stones.

Fast forward back to today, and it looks like the reasons for ranking my Dormammu no longer apply of the changes being showcased in the beta test are implemented. He will become a useless defender, and his signature ability in particular will be affected beyond belief.

If these changes go live, I will have completely wasted my generic gem and 4 very rare t2a. Please consider giving players rank down tickets and the option to "unawaken" a champion to rectify this.

Yours faithfully,

On5l4ugh7

P.s don't forget to address the 2* debacle

The game can evolve only through the change. Some people will affect in a positive way and some people in the negative way. Sadly you are on the negative end of spectrum, but so far most changes were implemented mostly to keep the game fresh and popular. Of course also to bring in more money, but to do that, you have to keep the game fresh, right?

To me this happened when they nerfed my favourite character, Dr. Strange. Yes he was powerful, but since then we've seen a handful of champions, stronger than him (Blade for example). So I had to either accept the need for change and continue playing, or walk away.

Guess what...I walked away and after one year, I'm back :)
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    MD and dexterity nerf affected all mystic champs why dorm only? If they nerf dorm like their `fix` to AA then yeah maybe...
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    I know this is a controversial opinion but people who ranked up Dorm and used rank 3-4 tick and AG and sig stones etc....should be compensated.

Why? Nothing about Dorm has been changed. Just the relationship between MD and dexterity. He will still do what he has in the past, just at a lower rate.

I am not sure why you feel the need to troll. He is not worth the resources expended on him anymore. You can't deny that. He was ranked for defense. Not nearly as valuable now.
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    Gamer wrote: »
    Dont ikow what the cancge is but it most gone be somting with dex is pasive and md May Lower pover
    What??? As usual cant understand anything you are saying.
    Please learn how to spell. And structure a sentence atleast enough so what you are saying makes sense

"Don't know what the change is, but it's most (likely) gonna be something with dex being a passive and MD maybe lower power gain"
    I know this is a controversial opinion but people who ranked up Dorm and used rank 3-4 tick and AG and sig stones etc....should be compensated.

Why? Nothing about Dorm has been changed. Just the relationship between MD and dexterity. He will still do what he has in the past, just at a lower rate.

That's what made Mystic champions so strong. They're maybe not changing them directly, but they're nerfing them all indirectly through masteries.

It's like destroying deep wounds and then all bleed champs having **** damage, so you're saying they didn't nerf bleed champs indirectly? Ofc they did.

Compensation is well deserved over this.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited June 2018

I am not sure why you feel the need to troll. He is not worth the resources expended on him anymore. You can't deny that. He was ranked for defense. Not nearly as valuable now.

He isn't trolling man... Just because someone use their generic on dorm and ranked him up doesn't make him the only champ being affected by this change. Dorm does get impacted more than others though that's for sure.
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    Gamer wrote: »
    What??? As usual cant understand anything you are saying.
    Please learn how to spell. And structure a sentence atleast enough so what you are saying makes sense

Sry but Can you understand this hello to you what you do not understand I do not know everything I'm trying hard to learn it but it's not just but you're just use your brain just once hops u understand this one alot better so tierd of somone just simple Not Can understand im com from Danmark and Not hav leart english thah was all from me peach
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    Full disclosure: I don’t have 5* dorm, juggs, mordo, or any of the other typical mystic 5* champs. Kabam only gives me skill, science and cosmic champs for some reason. I still think that compensation needs to be given for rank down tickets and giving back awakening gems/sig stones. Second account has 5* r4 morning star that I awakened. She’s basically useless now for defense if this change is live. I only ranked her for defense bc of mystic dispersion and dexterity
    Run477 wrote: »
    Using a generic 5* gem on Dorm just seems like a bad idea in most scenarios.

This response is borderline nonsensical. Dormamu is consistently the top boss in wars specifically because of how his sig ability interplays with dexterity and because of mystic dispersion combined with dexterity.

If these changes go live, they go way beyond what nerfing willpower did. This literally affects every mystic defender that has ever been ranked—even ones that aren’t really defenders but are harder bc of mystic dispersion.

If this change goes live, refunding the number of units it takes to open mystic dispersion to where an account is should be the bottom of compensation—that was what was given for willpower nerf.

But this definitely deserves mystic rank down tickets and the ability to take back awakening gems used on mystic champs. Whatever your beef is with mystic dispersion, you can not deny (at least not honestly), that nearly everyone in mcoc that has mystic dispersion ranked did it bc of the interplay between dexterity and md. Same goes for ranking and awakening champs like juggernaut, dormamu, etc. they aren’t awakened because of crit damage and fury buffs triggers by attacker abilities—although with the increasing number of “passive buffs,” it’s clear you have been silently nerfing it already—it is because of the fact that every dexterity buff triggers power for the defender.

As I and I’m sure others have explained repeatedly on why to max mystic dispersion: three dexterity buffs by the attacker trying to bait a specia = one bar of power. I am not entirely opposed to this change, but there needs to be legitimate compensaion for people if you make it.
    No need for compensain for thah if md Not gone get cancge but only dex cancge means peppel with Sl fx stil hav a Down side
    And this cancge hav and shuld hav ben done for long ago
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    GivMeABeer wrote: »
    I'm sorry but a 5* generic being used for a defender just doesn't make sense and your alliance really screwed you over by convincing you to do so. For such a rare item it should have been saved for a champ you would be playing a lot who need the dupe (AA, Void, Voodoo, SL, Medusa, Blade)

Some people are team players others arnt...the persons choice to use the awakening doesnt have to make sense to you.
    So many complain even when ther self wont it back then it so Odd hav we always find a Think to complain abudt it like hav it is out side next Day it snow and the next is a Sun sunish how much Can we keep complain
    Im understand u guys ther hav use a gym back then but never forget this one ther always cancge in somway so never use gym for defens only.
    I'm sorry but a 5* generic being used for a defender just doesn't make sense and your alliance really screwed you over by convincing you to do so. For such a rare item it should have been saved for a champ you would be playing a lot who need the dupe (AA, Void, Voodoo, SL, Medusa, Blade)

It’s your view that Medusa’s sig doesn’t make her a great defender? I’m also curious to know where u guys are in alliance war. Bc 5* r4 dormamu is one of the only champs that consistently gets kills.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    spend lots of loyalty to get md 4/5 and have smth like 60 more masteries bought to make it 5/5 some weeks ago. any chance to trade it back? like lock md for me, but give the equivalent loyalty?) I hope so
    and sure I wish we'd have some rdt
    Omni wrote: »

Some people are team players others arnt...the persons choice to use the awakening doesnt have to make sense to you.

He probably runs full suicides and places gwenpool and spider Gwen on defense lol
This discussion has been closed.