**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

4 star generic awakening gem - Blade or Archangel?

Hi everyone,

I've recently completed Act 4 100% exploration! Managed to get enough 5 star shards and pulled a Gwenpool, very happy about it.
So now I also find myself with a 4 star generic AG and I've got two solid options:

Blade 5/50
Archangel 4/40 at the moment

Which one should I awaken? Next steps are ROL and clearing Act 5.
I'm also saving on mutant T4C to upgrade my 5 star X23, so Archangel wouldn't go up to 5/50 that soon.

Thanks a lot! Hope you had a nice start of the week

Comments

• Options
    Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Blade will save you potions so I’d say blade.
  • Options
    BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Neither of them need to be duped to be good. I’d say save the gem for someone who does.
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Blade
  • Options
    PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Tonseru wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I've recently completed Act 4 100% exploration! Managed to get enough 5 star shards and pulled a Gwenpool, very happy about it.
    So now I also find myself with a 4 star generic AG and I've got two solid options:

Blade 5/50
    Archangel 4/40 at the moment

Which one should I awaken? Next steps are ROL and clearing Act 5.
    I'm also saving on mutant T4C to upgrade my 5 star X23, so Archangel wouldn't go up to 5/50 that soon.

Thanks a lot! Hope you had a nice start of the week

If next step for you is ROL duping AA will be super handy for that wolverine in ROL.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Awakened AA at 5/50 is a monster so long as the AI can bleed and get poisoned. It's not only the heal block from his sig ability, but also the ability reduction. This is huge when boss fighting, being able to shut down their abilities. It's a shame that the stun portion of that has been nerfed though.

My current lineup includes both a 5/50 AA (sig 80) as well as an unawakened 4/55 Blade. When it comes to regen champs like Green Goblin, I will use AA every time (even with class disadvantage).

Blade does gain the regen, so you would save potions in that regard, but you only need it if you get hit. :smiley:
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    If you already have a 5r2 X23, use her for ROL. You can easily finish every fight on full health.

I don't have blade higher than 3* but I do have a 5/50 awakened AA and he is a monster. Anything bleed or poison immune gets dealt with by quake, the rest of my questing team is just niche or filler.

He was still awesome at 4/40.

Blade might be helpful in Act 5 against the unit nodes because of regen but you have to take block damage to get it, X23 will work well there too, you can use her offensively while regen proc and she probably out damages blade.

If it were me (bearing in mind I don't use blade except in arena) I would awaken AA, R3 X23.
  • Options
    HolyDirkness41HolyDirkness41 Posts: 85
    Blade
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    AA hands down. His sig will help you much more in act 5 and rol.
  • Options
    Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    look at my display pic for the answer.