**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What’s people’s thoughts on trading in game resources?

Mingo0312Mingo0312 Posts: 218
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
So if u were in the alliance and were short on one thing that ur team mate had loads of but short of something u have. I think be a great idea to trade - for example, t4cc so if one player needs one and one player willing to trade would make the alliance even stronger as they are all working as a team as this game is very individual based yes ur in alliance clearing paths but if u can help ur team mate grow by trading I personally think that would bring this game to another level!! Yes u would have scammers that try to get free stuff but must be a fail safe way to set up a trading tool or just don’t trade with people u don’t know. What ur thoughts everyone

Comments

• AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    My thought: Nooooooope
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    I'm not opposed to trading in general, but there is a problem with trading between accounts without safeguards: it is exploitable.

There are lots of ways to exploit this, here's the most obvious. Sign up for fifty free to play accounts, collect the calendar rewards, "trade" them with your main for trivial things in return.

F2P MMOs use a number of mechanisms to avoid this problem; bind to account is the most common. In other words, calendar rewards would be permanently bound to the account and thus could not be gifted or traded with anyone. But if you earn something in-game, then you could trade those rewards. Even that is still exploitable, just not as badly. A well designed trading system would have to account for them all, and most systems like this in other games evolve over a significant amount of time to close loopholes.

In this game, I don't think it is likely to be considered worth the development effort.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    As long as it was nothing higher than T3cc/basics, allowed direct gifting of gold/generic ISO/battlechips and no crystals except daily, free and arena boosts I'd be all for it.

Not enough to break the game but still useful.

• IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    Like DNA said. It'll be exploited. I'll be the first one to do it too. Side note, let's fix the bugs before heading down this uncharted territory. So that's a no from me.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    The only way it would work, and the way I'd like to see it, would be to only be able to trade same tier class items like class cats, awakening gems and sig stones.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    this is not important at all in the game right now. what we need to better testing of new champs, buffing old champs by adjustment like they did to sentry and improving all 1 and 3 day rewards in the game as well as improving aq rewards or reducing their costs in the glory store.

trading items idea by OP sounds like he has multiple accounts and wants to make things easier for him/herself so: howaboutnomeme.jpg
  • Mingo0312Mingo0312 Posts: 218
    No I have one account but about 20 t4cc in overflow so would rather gift them to my alliance members instead of losing them completely I couldn’t deal with 2 accounts but I can see what people are saying if people did have 2 accounts
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 995 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    Start a new account - explore act 4 - trade 4 T2a for t1cc with main acct - rinse and repeat
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Wuld say. It wuld be okay But dont alow Trade tier2 aplha and tier5 basice But it wuld be a hugs Down sode from kabam aspet Becasse u Can just Trade tier4cc like crays make yours new acc and hav a rank5 4 Star in like 4 days.
  • DERPYREVENGERDERPYREVENGER Posts: 265
    Not a bad idea, but something must be implemented to stop exploits. Maybe its a good idea for Kabam to make a gifting badge so that players would have to spend a minimum of X amount of dollars before they can gift. (That's why you need to spend money for the gifting badge; to stop people making a **** ton of accounts and gifting themselves energy refills etc.)

Kabam would also need to limit the gifting e.g) A quota of 1 T2 alpha a year, a quota of 1 T4 basic a month, a quota of 1 T4CC a month, a quota of 2 T1 alpha a month.
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 995 ★★★
    Not a bad idea, but something must be implemented to stop exploits. Maybe its a good idea for Kabam to make a gifting badge so that players would have to spend a minimum of X amount of dollars before they can gift. (That's why you need to spend money for the gifting badge; to stop people making a **** ton of accounts and gifting themselves energy refills etc.)

Kabam would also need to limit the gifting e.g) A quota of 1 T2 alpha a year, a quota of 1 T4 basic a month, a quota of 1 T4CC a month, a quota of 2 T1 alpha a month.

Quotas wouldn't change a thing, 1 free t2a a year is already a steal and there's already free gifting badge for gifting events
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    If it was limited to the same quality item, just a different class, then sure. Like a t4c for a different t4c. Perhaps they could assign a value to items and allow you to mix and match, say a t4b is worth 100 trade points and a t4c is worth 300, you’d have to trade 3 t4b for a t4c. A t1a could be worth 25 while a t2a is worth 10000, meaning you’d need to trade 400, which would be impossible. But you could trade 3 t4c and a t4b for it.

*Just an example and values are for demo purposes only!

A system like this, that restricts items traded and forces equality would cut down on exploits. But yeah, I’d fire up a ton of new accounts, run through act 4 and repeat. Which is why this won’t happen really.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I think this would cause issues with people grabbing multiple accounts and gifting tons of resource to your main account
  • OllyoxenfreeOllyoxenfree Posts: 247
    It would create an in game economy and ruin the game