**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Reset AW tier and AW rating when a new AW season starts?

NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
Do you think that all alliances should start each war season from the same (zero) point?

Reset AW tier and AW rating when a new AW season starts? 90 votes

start from zero
46% 42 votes
continue from where alliance is
53% 48 votes

Comments

• Warofgods13514Warofgods13514 Posts: 202
    If you started from 0 war rating well... You could get hard/easy alliances to face off because matches are based on War Rating.
  • NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    Not only on War Rating. :)
  • Not 0 but everyone should drop to the nearest either 1000 or 500. Meaning if you end the season at 2800 you would drop to 2000 or 2500 depending on the system used. This would allow alliances to rebalance themselves w/o having huge mismatches.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    Zero makes zero sense. The initial matchups could be grossly unfair.
    edited June 2018
    With current war rating the matchups are fair? :smile:
    If alliances use the existing tiers / multiplers they are already ahead other teams.
    Starting from zero they would need to build the tiers / multipliers like everyone else.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    You could just group all the tiers together. All the plats start at the lowest plat, master vs master, etc.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Do you understand the way war rating works? PI is not taken into account, just rating. So sometimes you face stronger or weaker alliances from PI basis. But it’s mostky within a few million points as you get higher, and usually less than a million difference when lower.

If everyone started at zero, you would have matchups of 2 million alliance (that had a 1100 war rating the week before) fighting a 20 million alliance (that was 3k war rating the week before).
    Run477 wrote: »
    Do you understand the way war rating works? PI is not taken into account, just rating. So sometimes you face stronger or weaker alliances from PI basis. But it’s mostky within a few million points as you get higher, and usually less than a million difference when lower.

If everyone started at zero, you would have matchups of 2 million alliance (that had a 1100 war rating the week before) fighting a 20 million alliance (that was 3k war rating the week before).

I never had a war against an alliance of 10 or 15 millions.
    My alliance started at 3 millions and at the moment is at 6.
    All the enemies were ALSO with alliance rating close to ours, not just the war rating.

And who says that starting from zero won't mean also an adjustment to the match-up system?
    INTEGRAL wrote: »
    Why?

It is very pointless

So, it's pointless for your alliance to start with the same war multiplier as all other alliances?
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/75680/war-matchups-war-system-issue#latest

Here is my recent post. After posting time and time again and people dont believe me.....
    At top tiers you get matched up against the best cus only the best are there... not much room for ally rating to take effect.

But in lower tiers war rating and ally rating certainly both decide the matchup.
    @NoOnexRO is correct @Run477

Matchmaking was changed a while back now. Maybe 1year and more ago it didnt include ally rating but it certainly does now
  • correborrecorreborre Posts: 37
    NoOnexRO wrote: »
    With current war rating the matchups are fair? :smile:
    If alliances use the existing tiers / multiplers they are already ahead other teams.
    Starting from zero they would need to build the tiers / multipliers like everyone else.

lol. Yes, and all the top tiered alliances will have it piss easy for the whole season unless they end up facing each other all the time. It would make no difference what so ever.

There is maybe 1 or 2 alliances that have gone from like 2500 rating up to 3100+ during one season and placed Plat 1 or above.
    correborre wrote: »
    lol. Yes, and all the top tiered alliances will have it piss easy for the whole season unless they end up facing each other all the time. It would make no difference what so ever.

There is maybe 1 or 2 alliances that have gone from like 2500 rating up to 3100+ during one season and placed Plat 1 or above.

Why do we always need to point out the "top alliances"?
    Those alliances will reach the top easy. Okay. I understand.

I'm more interested in the 70-75% of the alliances that will get to fight for bronze, silver and gold.
    The rest 25% will get to top or bottom anyway - with or without the reset.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    @Maat1985 it’s interesting stuff. Seems you are right, but would be great to get an official confirmation. It certainly is interesting that your 4.5 million ally is consistently getting matched with 4-6 million allies and your 8 million ally is getting matched with similar sized alliances as well. Particularly when the smaller ally is in a higher tier.

In higher tiers (tier 2 and 3), we will get matched a lot of times with alliances that are 3 million or more higher than us. But it might just be that war rating plays a larger factor that high bc there may be less allies of our size in that tier.
    @Run477 i have asked and asked and asked for official confirmation but as expected no answer.
    I suspect the higher tiers dont find this simply cus there is noone to match with at similar ally rating when you are searching simply because of low pool size.
    At 1000 war rating you have thousands of allies ranging from 1 mil to 20 mil.....
    At 2500 war rating you only have a few hundred. And these will by nature be at the higher end of skill and ally size.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Starting from 0 makes sense where then alliances can be matched based on pi like AQ
    edited June 2018
    Starting from 0 makes sense where then alliances can be matched based on pi like AQ

Until u then get rating manipulation.
    As it seems to be total ally rating atm.
    People selling 3* champs to lower rating and get easier competition....
    Would need to be prestige...
    But the current top 5 champs prestige is useless. Prestige counted by top 15 champs would be a good indicator of war strength...
  • Sac123_Sac123_ Posts: 258
    See matchmaking might be broken but it is better than my alliance of 4 mill facing MMXIV because war rating reset
    Sac123_ wrote: »
    See matchmaking might be broken but it is better than my alliance of 4 mill facing MMXIV because war rating reset

Yeah but if war rating was reset a 4mil ally would not face mmxiv due to alliance rating in the broken matchmaking....
    Mmxiv would only face another extreamly high rated ally...
  • Sac123_Sac123_ Posts: 258
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    Sac123_ wrote: »

Yeah but if war rating was reset a 4mil ally would not face mmxiv due to alliance rating in the broken matchmaking....
    Mmxiv would only face another extreamly high rated ally...

Matchmaking is based on war rating not alliance rating.
  • zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    Matchmaking is not based solely on war rating. You can have a 10mil ally with a 900 war rating but never get matchup with a 3-4mil alliance. You will matchup with an alliance in the 8-11mil range
    edited June 2018
    @Sac123_ as i have already directed people.....
    See my post....
    with evidence it uses both....
    After months of trying to get people to see this... maybe now they will understand...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/443861#
  • ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    We all start at zero points for the season, and if you're in your current tier it's usually for the reason that you're not good enough to progress yet. Also all alliances started from a zero rating to begin with, where they are now is what they've built over time and to remove their progress that they've worked for all in a misguided attempt at eqaulisation is daft.
    We all start at zero points for the season, and if you're in your current tier it's usually for the reason that you're not good enough to progress yet. Also all alliances started from a zero rating to begin with, where they are now is what they've built over time and to remove their progress that they've worked for all in a misguided attempt at eqaulisation is daft.

@ArcDeAngelus
    Whilst you are true to a point.
    Matchmaking never used to use alliance rating.
    It does now.
    And with the way itndoes it means that a 4mil ally can progress to a higher tier as it does not need to actually do as well in wars.
    My 8.5 mill ally is tier 11 and score 140k but loses wars
    Whilst my 4.5 mil ally is tier 9 and scores only 100k but wins.
    Please read my other thread to see the data and understand.
    So in an ideal situation you are right however the matchmaking process currently cause issues in lower to mid tiers.
    Dofferent story roght at top as ther is such a small
    Amount if allies.
  • ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    @maat1985 You are right with that data, particularly helpful showing the fewer boss kills yet more wins at a higher tier. My observations are anecdotal then and isn't helped by my main being in t2 (17.2M) and the alt now up to t4 (11M), both have improved this season due to our performances. But resetting to zero is not the way forward, top alliances could organise not to start matchmaking at the same to increase their chance of a win and that's an even more unfair comp that's not too short of match fixing.
    @ArcDeAngelus i am not saying resetting in the way to go either.
    Thats why i said you are kind of right.. i get your point there
    I really thank you all for votes and comments.
    I'm glad that you tried to view things from another perspective (mine).
    Of course it's not a perfect one, it's just how I see things.

Indeed, progressing and investing to progress might be something hard to accept for a reset.
    But there are games that have season resets and everyone understands that the progress is for THAT season only.
    You progress, you get the rewards, you invest, you get the rewards... and after the period ends you start again, with equal chances like all the rest.

And, again,you need not to look at my proposal in a selfish manner - what is best to you or your alliance - but what would be good for everyone in this game.

We already have resets for weekly events. So each event is basically resetting the stats for all the alliances.
    Not for AW seasons though.So, if an alliance manages to get to tier 10 and another alliance to tier 15 they will start with different war multipliers the next season. If it's a NEW event why is it tied to the previous season?

Just my personal opinion, of course.
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    NoOnexRO wrote: »
    INTEGRAL wrote: »
    Why?

It is very pointless

So, it's pointless for your alliance to start with the same war multiplier as all other alliances?

All alliances started with a 0 war rating at some point and have earned (cheaters aside) their war rating. Think it’s fair an alliance can be on the same level day 1 they form as an allaince who has worked to get where they are? No the new alliance needs to build their war rating over time just like everyone else.. if you’re good you should have a fine war rating in no time. People need to stop looking for a free ride or easy leg up. Everyone built their war rating from nothing at one point. Build yours.