**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam rewarding cheating alliances

Hi Kabam,

Remember last week you punished 3 alliances for cheating?

Reduced 500 points and 1.5mil war score??

Guess what? After your punishment they are still in plat 1 AND facing MUCH EASIER opponents thanks to your punishment.

One of them is back to the top of plat1 with high chance of going back to master as they are fighting easier wars.

How is this even called a punishment? they may even be able to reduce their pots n boost usage to get back to master as they are facing easier opponent.

Please enlighten us

@Kabam Vydious @Kabam Miike

Comments

• BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    You could call it encouragement to cheat in the first place.

I know what Kabam thought, "if we knock them down that will teach them their lesson and they'll lose out on rewards" Except the geniuses that come up with this stuff require 6 months to a year to respond to a failed policy.

Without true enforcement such as:
    - a 2-3 strikes and you're out policy
    - war restrictions where the player can't participate in wars
    - flagging who has been participating
    etc...

Nothing is going to change and the current policy is going to give them continued rewards and hurt lesser alliances.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Unfortunately the only policy I have seen is to protect the cheaters. :/
  • TheLegend27TheLegend27 Posts: 1,315 ★★★★★
    I'm pretty certain those cheating alliances are also heavy spenders...so yea, doubt anything permanent or severe will happen. I could be wrong about that connection, but the punishment is still weak sauce
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    edited June 2018
    - the value of reinforcers for AW cheating is high

This is the number #1 issue here. REAL money is involved here. People are spending thousands on a game with rare "excellent" rewards. When that sort of cash is being applied to accounts? It is almost stupid to not account share.
  • I can’t believe you all actually expected anything different.. the same people that were cheating 2 years ago are the ones that do it today.. hidden behind the “privacy policy”, is how the same people keep cheating... the game caters to them cuz they spend BIG $$... sure- we get thrown a bone every now and then with bans on the Little folks that are dumb enough to use mods to cheat.. but nothing really happens to the top tier guys.. the game would die if the real cheaters were ever banned..
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    the game would die if the real cheaters were ever banned..

That's speculation. Another forum member gave multiple detailed examples of why this would not be the case. Accepting terms of service violations of other players because "it's always been that way" is a terrible reason to not demand punitive action be taken against cheaters.
  • the game would die if the real cheaters were ever banned..

That's speculation. Another forum member gave multiple detailed examples of why this would not be the case. Accepting terms of service violations of other players because "it's always been that way" is a terrible reason to not demand punitive action be taken against cheaters.

It’s not speculation when the same people do it over & over & over again with little to no punishment... And I’m not saying that no punitive action be taken.. I’m saying not enough is taken.. and it is for a reason.. which is why they hide behind the so called privacy policy.. if this weren’t the case, then ally leaders would be advised of who the cheaters are and the cheaters would be blackballed from any alliance.. however, that isn’t the case and they can just bounce around from ally to ally. There is no real punishment unless you mod you account and are a small fish
    It’s not speculation when the same people do it over & over & over again with little to no punishment... And I’m not saying that no punitive action be taken.. I’m saying not enough is taken.. and it is for a reason.. which is why they hide behind the so called privacy policy.. if this weren’t the case, then ally leaders would be advised of who the cheaters are and the cheaters would be blackballed from any alliance.. however, that isn’t the case and they can just bounce around from ally to ally. There is no real punishment unless you mod you account and are a small fish

@Monkey_Lord By speculation I was referring to your comment about MCOC going under if the game's biggest cheaters were banned for good. The other parts of your comment were not speculation.
  • Kabam, you guys should relook on the punishment given. Including to those that has been punished before.

And i would suggest for kabam to take a few days to analyzed all wars including the last war before giving out rewards.
  • I can’t believe you all actually expected anything different.. the same people that were cheating 2 years ago are the ones that do it today.. hidden behind the “privacy policy”, is how the same people keep cheating... the game caters to them cuz they spend BIG $$... sure- we get thrown a bone every now and then with bans on the Little folks that are dumb enough to use mods to cheat.. but nothing really happens to the top tier guys.. the game would die if the real cheaters were ever banned..

There's a flaw in that argument because people who spend a significant amount really have no need to cheat. Not that I support the idea that they allow people to cheat if they spend. That's just not a thing.

This “it’s not a thing” is actually pretty laughable...

1). Lance Armstrong
    2). Mark McGuire
    3). Tom Brady

The need to win and be #1 I would say outweigh your argument
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    I can’t believe you all actually expected anything different.. the same people that were cheating 2 years ago are the ones that do it today.. hidden behind the “privacy policy”, is how the same people keep cheating... the game caters to them cuz they spend BIG $$... sure- we get thrown a bone every now and then with bans on the Little folks that are dumb enough to use mods to cheat.. but nothing really happens to the top tier guys.. the game would die if the real cheaters were ever banned..

There's a flaw in that argument because people who spend a significant amount really have no need to cheat. Not that I support the idea that they allow people to cheat if they spend. That's just not a thing.

Simply spending a lot as a group doesn’t get you the top war rewards, why would you think they have no reason to cheat. In fact they have the most incentive because you need those accounts to even get into that range. It’s hard to quantify the value of p1 or master bracket rewards but we’re definitely talking thousands of dollars based on the game economy.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    First of all, they're not allowing people to get away with cheating if they spend money. That misconception has been around as long as whales have.
    Secondly, there is no logical standing that cheaters, who lack morals in general, are going to cheat AND spend money. Given the option, they would just cheat. Large spenders aren't at a loss for Rosters, that's for sure.
    As much as I like seeing people becoming aware of unfair behaviour, I think the suspicion is abandoning reason.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    I can’t believe you all actually expected anything different.. the same people that were cheating 2 years ago are the ones that do it today.. hidden behind the “privacy policy”, is how the same people keep cheating... the game caters to them cuz they spend BIG $$... sure- we get thrown a bone every now and then with bans on the Little folks that are dumb enough to use mods to cheat.. but nothing really happens to the top tier guys.. the game would die if the real cheaters were ever banned..

This “it’s not a thing” is actually pretty laughable...

1). Lance Armstrong
    2). Mark McGuire
    3). Tom Brady

The need to win and be #1 I would say outweigh your argument

It is too bad that ever since they banned Lance Armstrong for life from the sport of competitive cycling, the sport died. I wonder what they are going to do with all those bicycles.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    To a certain extent I kind of think it’s silly to even bother going beyond p2 because it’s so murky once your into the top 50 and you really have no choice but to try and find every edge possible. My group is in the 120s right now and we basically consider p2 to be the top of the mountain as we just aren’t gonna do any of the things needed to get beyond that money spending or otherwise.
    edited June 2018
    I'm not even going to address the first part of that comment.

As for the second, Piloting at the top is not the result of people who can't fight, but have spent thousands of dollars on their Roster. That makes little sense whatsoever. People don't just purchase their way to the top without learning how to play themselves. You can make purchases, yes. The majority of large spenders are at the top, have been on the top, and have the skill. The cheating you're referring to is exactly how you described, but not the result of people spending but having no skill. It's people so obsessed with winning that they can't accept losing. So, they allow Pilots to fight for them. There's also the alleged excusable cases where people aren't available. The suggestion was that Kabam allows, rather overlooks, cheating because the so-called bread-winners pay for the game. Conspiracy.
  • Ignore @GroundedWisdom
    He is a troll. Just dont respond to him so he can stop trolling.

Likely he is in one of cheaters alliance
    People don't just purchase their way to the top without learning how to play themselves. You can make purchases, yes. The majority of large spenders are at the top, have been on the top, and have the skill. The cheating you're referring to is exactly how you described, but not the result of people spending but having no skill.

@GroundedWisdom Can you provide the sources from which you got this information? Many tier 1/master tier AW players disagree with this based on their experience from playing "at the top". It would help us understand why you think your above comment is true if you were to tell us where you got your information from.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    I'm not even going to address the first part of that comment.

As for the second, Piloting at the top is not the result of people who can't fight, but have spent thousands of dollars on their Roster. That makes little sense whatsoever. People don't just purchase their way to the top without learning how to play themselves. You can make purchases, yes. The majority of large spenders are at the top, have been on the top, and have the skill. The cheating you're referring to is exactly how you described, but not the result of people spending but having no skill. It's people so obsessed with winning that they can't accept losing. So, they allow Pilots to fight for them. There's also the alleged excusable cases where people aren't available. The suggestion was that Kabam allows, rather overlooks, cheating because the so-called bread-winners pay for the game. Conspiracy.

Seriously stop talking about stuff you clearly have no idea about.

To be at the top of aw it takes skill not to die. Just cos someone spends big an had a great roster does not mean they are skilled. We've had some amazing rosters join our ally in plat1, however most of those people ends up dying and a good gew wiping out their whole attack team on 1 node. Now that's an unskilled player.

Just reiterate piloting is a result of people who can't fight or are not skilled enough to be at the top.
    On the contrary, one of the biggest excuses for cheating is people think they have to in order to compete with spenders.
  • So grounded wisdom is one of the spender that has no skill and need to be piloted. Hence he tried his best to divert attention in forum threads that asking for cheaters to be heavily punished.
    So grounded wisdom is one of the spender that has no skill and need to be piloted. Hence he tried his best to divert attention in forum threads that asking for cheaters to be heavily punished.

Accusing members can be perceived as insulting them, that gets threads closed. Nothing good comes from posting comments with perceived disrespect.

@GroundedWisdom Hope you're not ignoring my last comment.
  • AvicariAvicari Posts: 25
    Still no punishment or comment for the 2 star wars.

First season these alliances were piloting, now this season they are making exploitative deals. Next season they will find a new loophole to exploit because the punishments are either non existent or not severe.

This game unfortunately seems to reward cheaters, simple as that.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    On the contrary, one of the biggest excuses for cheating is people think they have to in order to compete with spenders.

Maybe in bronze 1 where you are. I can tell you for a fact that's not the case in plat1 or master.

Spending can't make up for skill in AW at the top when a single death can often be the difference in win\lose.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    My penny’s worth: being in top level alliances <= whales >= piloting. I know some accounts were bought from retiring players but are
    Not let go because of prestige. Other cases: some players just want to have a break without quitting an alliance altogether. So yeah, cheating is possible but not applied to all.
    Avicari wrote: »
    Still no punishment or comment for the 2 star wars.

First season these alliances were piloting, now this season they are making exploitative deals. Next season they will find a new loophole to exploit because the punishments are either non existent or not severe.

This game unfortunately seems to reward cheaters, simple as that.

2* AWs happened frequently in AW Season 1 as well. It's frustrating that when it comes to penalties for cheating, MCOC disproves Newton's 3rd law of physics.
This discussion has been closed.