**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Announcing: Evangeline Lilly’s Champion Challenge

edited June 2018 in General Discussion
Float like a carpenter ant, sting like The Wasp!

Evangeline Lilly, who plays The Wasp in the upcoming Marvel Studios’ Ant-Man and The Wasp, has readied her team to challenge you in her own Champion Challenge. Are you heisting material? Take on her crew and find out now!

There's a new kind of challenge present in this Champion Challenge, so you’ll want to pay close attention to the buffs and pick your team carefully! Details of the buffs can be found below.

Players who prove their skills are rewarded with the “Triumph-Ant” title!

This Challenge starts TODAY at 10 am PDT, and runs until July 18th at 10 am PDT!

Who are Evangeline Lilly’s chosen Champions?

You’ll be facing off against Falcon, Hawkeye, Stark Spiderman, Black Widow, Captain-America (Infinity War), and the final boss is Ant-Man!

So what kind of Buffs are we gonna be up against?

The Buffs are a little different this time around, first of all there's Size Matters this new buff changes gameplay based on the size of your champion. Where the bigger the champion, the more useful they’ll be for this challenge. The size of a champion can be found under its tags.

Then theres Particle Protector, which grants defending Champions the ability to Glance blows similar to Ant-Man. A Glanced Hit on the defender cannot be Critical, deals 50% reduced damage, and reduces Offensive Ability Accuracy. This ability also increases the chance of Glancing blows on Champions who already Glance like Ant-Man and Captain America (Infinity War)

There's also Micro-Reflect. Which whenever a hit is Glanced, some of the damage is reflected back on the attacker. This damage is relative to how much you do in a single hit. So small hits shouldn’t hurt too bad, but bigger blows are going to come back at you with a similar force.

Unavoidable damage? How could you!

Not at all! While that seems like a tough buff loadout to avoid, the previously mentioned Size Matters buff is designed to specifically help you counter glancing blows. Depending on your champions size, different attack types will not trigger a glance. With our largest champions in the game not triggering glances at all! So dust off the Kingpin and rev up the Red Hulk.

If you carefully choose your team and be aware of what kind of hits you need to land you’ll be able to take on this challenge no problem.

There's also one last buff! But this one is for you. Bulk Up allows attacking champions to rapidly gain fury stacks as they charge heavy attacks. These stacks will increase your base attack and last until you take damage. So skilled Summoners can potentially hold onto these furies indefinitely. Keep in mind ANY damage will remove all stacks (including through a parry!) Can you reach the maximum stack of 200 in a single fight? We hope to see some of you take on this micro-challenge of skill and hope to see some screenshots!

Is this about the same difficulty as previous Challenges?

Not necessarily, after checking feedback and looking into summoner's performance we wanted to scale back on difficulty this time around. However, it’s still a challenge! If you bring in the right team and have the skills to overcome the buffs you should find it easier than last time, but bring the wrong team and ignore the buffs and you might end up in trouble!

Is the structure similar to the last Champion Challenge?

Yes! The Challenge consists of only 1 Chapter, and contains 4 quests. Each of these quests has 31 Fights! Each quest will consist of 6 paths, connected with portals, and 5 fights on each of them. There are 7 Portals on the map, with the 1st portal exiting to the beginning of any path, except the final boss. The rest will exit to either the Boss, or the next path. This way, you can teleport to your latest checkpoint next time you play if you weren't able to fully complete a quest on your first attempt.

What are the Rewards?

Let’s take a look!

Chapter Completion
4-Star Crystal Shards x300
5-Star Crystal Shards x100
T4 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystal x10

Chapter Mastery
5-Star Crystal Shards x400
T4 Class Catalyst Crystal x1
Tier 4 Generic Catalyst x1

Act Completion
4-Star Crystal Shards x600
5-Star Crystal Shards x250
T4 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystal x20
Tier 4 Generic Catalyst x1
T1 Alpha x1

Act Mastery
5-Star Signature Stone x20
5-Star Crystal Shards x1000
4-Star Awakening Gem Crystal x1
T1 Alpha x2
"Triumph-Ant" Rare Title

INDIVIDUAL QUEST REWARDS

Quest 1 Completion
Tier 3 Generic ISO x2
Premium Hero Crystal Shards x225
3-Star Crystal Shards x30

Quest 1 Mastery
Premium Hero Crystal Shards x275
3-Star Crystal Shards x70
Units x30

Quest 2 Completion
Tier 3 Generic ISO x4
Premium Hero Crystal Shards x375
3-Star Crystal Shards x150

Quest 2 Mastery
Premium Hero Crystal Shards x1125
3-Star Crystal Shards x350
Units x35

Quest 3 Completion
Tier 4 Generic Catalyst Fragments x1500
4-Star Crystal Shards x100

Quest 3 Mastery
4-Star Crystal Shards x400
Tier 3 Class Catalyst Crystal x1
Units x50

Quest 4 Completion
4-Star Crystal Shards x350
Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystal x5
5-Star Crystal Shards x100

Quest 4 Mastery
4-Star Crystal Shards x850
5-Star Crystal Shards x300
Units x70
Tier 4 Generic Catalyst Fragments x6000

There are also chests along the way that grant 3-Star and 4-Star Hero Crystal shards! Some drop more than others, but it’s up to chance!

Is there a Legends Title involved?

Yes there is! We’ll be using the “Time Attack” legends title approach. Your time starts when you begin the Challenge and ends when you 100% Complete all the quests. The top 100 fastest players will earn a Legends title, Legends points and one Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal. If you’re one of the fastest 5, you’ll get an additional two crystals, for a total of three Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystals.Your time cannot be paused, so be careful on when you begin. There’s only one entry per player. Summoners will have until the end of the event on July 18th at 10am PT to 100% complete all of the quests in order to qualify for the Legends Title.

What designation do I earn for Mastering this Challenge?

For those of you that can defeat all of Evangeline Lilly’s Champions, you will forever earn yourself the rare title of "Triumph-Ant"!

Comments

• HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Well they said difficulty of this challenge will be scaled down, so can't expect a rewards increase in that case lol
  • IanMoone89IanMoone89 Posts: 590
    Well they said difficulty of this challenge will be scaled down, so can't expect a rewards increase in that case lol

I would take their words with grain of salt lol
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Still no Life Transfer, which is a little disappointing, but this still looks cool. And good god I want the Triumph-Ant title.
  • This looks like it was made for AA. Maybe why they changed him?
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    This was well explained and I like the fact that he highlighted "unavoidable damage" and explained how to avoid most of it. Thanks. I think the rewards are right on par with a challenge like this.
    I hope that the suggestions he made do not get ignored and start long rants on the forum.
  • ThatweirdguyThatweirdguy Posts: 675 ★★★
    Yes I know it is free rewards and I do not have to participate. But man the rewards need to be scaled up. 4* awakening crystal, not even a generic, holds very little value in today's game. But I guess this is par for the course. Rewards only scale well in Uncollected monthly, End of season AW and the end of new chapters. The rest of the rewards in this game are about 18 months stale. But thanks for some new content I guess.
  • Quicksilver44Quicksilver44 Posts: 59
    @Kabam Miike why archangel is medium? His wings are HUGE?
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    Micro-reflect seems like it is going to make a Legend Run attempt very annoying.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Siliyo wrote: »
    Micro-reflect seems like it is going to make a Legend Run attempt very annoying.
    Depend Who u use If u use one with xl size it dont matter
  • arsjumarsjum Posts: 412 ★★★
    Looking forward to using my r4 Quake with this bulk up feature!
    arsjum wrote: »
    Looking forward to using my r4 Quake with this bulk up feature!
    Just rebmer when u get hit also parry it wuld remove it
    edited June 2018
    @Gamer The only XL champs are Sentinel, Dormammu, and MODOK
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    edited June 2018

that's not true at all

Venom
    Red Hulk
    MODOK
    King Groot
    Hulkbuster
    Venompool
    Jugs

ETC

@mum_m2 I just edited my comment
    edited June 2018
    @mum_m2 I just edited my comment

you're still wrong lol

Gulk
    Rhino
    Joe Fixit
    Abom
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »

that's not true at all

Venom
    Red Hulk
    MODOK
    King Groot
    Hulkbuster
    Venompool
    Jugs

ETC

Yep, and Hulk, Hulk (Rag), Groot, Kingpin, Rhino, Joe.
  • Anyone know when are the MD/Dex changes set to go live?

Lol ther is alot more thah what u hav edite to but oh Well like my english im hav Not to much to say hahah
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    mum_m2 wrote: »

that's not true at all

Venom
    Red Hulk
    MODOK
    King Groot
    Hulkbuster
    Venompool
    Jugs

ETC

Yep, and Hulk, Hulk (Rag), Groot, Kingpin, Rhino, Joe.

NICE, forgot about KP
    Anyone know when are the MD/Dex changes set to go live?

Stil one test and it May Not be what it is now.
    @mum_m2 @Gamer my bad. they came out with an XL crystal deal with 3 champs, I thought they were the only XL's. Sorry.
    @mum_m2 @Gamer my bad. they came out with an XL crystal deal with 3 champs, I thought they were the only XL's. Sorry.
    it all good we all make mistake

Thanks!
    Kabam Doot wrote: »
    Here's a handy list of all XL champs currently in game!

Abomination
    Dormammu
    Groot
    King Groot
    Hulk
    Hulk (Ragnarok)
    Hulkbuster
    Red Hulk
    Joe fixit
    Juggernaut
    Kingpin
    M.O.D.O.K.
    Rhino
    Sentinel
    Thanos
    Venom
    Venompool

Kabam Doot wrote: »
    Here's a handy list of all XL champs currently in game!

Abomination
    Dormammu
    Groot
    King Groot
    Hulk
    Hulk (Ragnarok)
    Hulkbuster
    Red Hulk
    Joe fixit
    Juggernaut
    Kingpin
    M.O.D.O.K.