**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Over 2 years....

1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
I have been playing for 3 years now, and I am sorry but it is way past due time to increase sommoner levels

this game is no longer geared to ranked 5 level 99 4* champs.

my long term alliance is slowly falling apart over this and the friends I have made are dropping/leaving the game one by one

Kabam the time is past due raise the levels soon, real soon as I am becoming one who is on the razors edge of leaving

I would love o hear from long term end game players on this

Comments

• RWW12RWW12 Posts: 38
    @Kabam Miike what about just offering more mastery points at the end of new content. Maybe next act that comes out can have one for completion and another for mastery? That way you keep the energy levels the same but increase the amount of mastery points we can have. Or how about just getting rid of the minimum point requirements in each tab for uncollected players.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Thanks mickey.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Who needs more masteries? Who needs energy increase? Just reward more levels with resources instead.
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    Hi There,

This is something that we have discussed in the past, however we are not yet ready to increase the Level Cap. The reason here is that we're not yet ready to give anything more with the growth in levels. All of our Content is designed around the current Energy Cap, and we're not yet ready to give more Mastery Points.

It is something that we're looking into for the future, but do not have any immediate plans to do so at this time.

thx for the reply....I can understand the energy cap "except for last month" I am talking more along the lines that the game is no longer geared towards level 99 ranked 5 four star champs, so I feel an increase to at least 65 for masteries is long over due
    I've been playing almost 3 years, @1haunted_memory

To be honest, it's not clear what exactly you want. If you'll remember, gaining a level would refill your energy, provide some rank up resources, and often (not always) give you a mastery point.

What exactly is your issue? You say that 4* champs aren't cutting it anymore. Raising the level cap won't change that. Additional energy or rank up resources won't change that. Are you proposing that more mastery points get added?

I want to be on your side, but it's not clear right now. How is a stagnated level cap driving your alliance away from the game? It seems that raising the level cap is the means to an unknown end. What precisely do you really need from the game? More mastery points? More 5* shards? More rank up resources?

yes, more master points at least up to level 65, this would help level the playing field a bit but Miike already said not happening

it would be nice to get rid of those 40% & 50% exp boost and get something that helps players in my position
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Hi There,

This is something that we have discussed in the past, however we are not yet ready to increase the Level Cap. The reason here is that we're not yet ready to give anything more with the growth in levels. All of our Content is designed around the current Energy Cap, and we're not yet ready to give more Mastery Points.

It is something that we're looking into for the future, but do not have any immediate plans to do so at this time.

thx for the reply....I can understand the energy cap "except for last month" I am talking more along the lines that the game is no longer geared towards level 99 ranked 5 four star champs, so I feel an increase to at least 65 for masteries is long over due

Masteries are tuned around the current setup. We don't want everybody to have "every mastery" or once again create a situation where there is one mastery setup to rule them all. Choosing your Mastery setup should be about making choices, and ensuring that your setup is customized to you, your play style, and the Champions you like to use.

Unfortunately, this means that we cannot, at this time, release more Mastery Points.
    @Kabam Miike then just let US get more lvl witout more energy and mastry point tell the team this
    Hi There,

Masteries are tuned around the current setup. We don't want everybody to have "every mastery" or once again create a situation where there is one mastery setup to rule them all. Choosing your Mastery setup should be about making choices, and ensuring that your setup is customized to you, your play style, and the Champions you like to use.

Unfortunately, this means that we cannot, at this time, release more Mastery Points.

that sound you just heard, was my will to play leaving the room LOL thx Miike and thx for the Dungeons
    Gamer wrote: »
    Hi There,

@Kabam Miike then just let US get more lvl witout more energy and mastry point tell the team this

I wouldn't want this... what purpose would it serve?
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Hi There,

Personally, I'd love to see the flip side of this. Instead of more mastery points, I'd love to see more masteries. It's been several years since anything has been added. And in that time, masteries like detect class, wisdom, intelligence, pittance, and prosperity have been rendered obsolete by the current state of the game. Plus, there has been a slew of new champs with various abilities introduced. These abilities open up a lot of possibilities for new mastery builds that are constructed around certain champs or teams.

We have deep wounds to extend bleed effects. How about something similar for effects like poison, incinerate, and cold snap?

We have extended and enhanced fury, but nothing for extending or enhancing armor up effects. And we have recovery to enhance regen, but nothing to extend it.

The class masteries could be retooled...face it, locking certain classes into either offense, defense, or utility is arbitrary and a bit lazy. Mystic Dispersion is clearly the most used one. Collar Tech or Pure skill is likely a distant 2nd. I don't know a single person who has ever invested into Cosmic Awareness. EVER. I'm not saying get rid of them, but add more options and reduce the point requirement necessary to use them.

All of these would discourage "one mastery setup to rule them all" and could help shine a light on certain champs who are otherwise lacking. Plus, it opens the door down the road to slowly add more mastery points if that is indeed what you want to do.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

yes, more master points at least up to level 65, this would help level the playing field a bit but Miike already said not happening

it would be nice to get rid of those 40% & 50% exp boost and get something that helps players in my position

Keep in mind, when they increased the level cap from 50 to 60, you got 1 point at 55 and 1 at 60. You stopped getting 1 per level once you hit 50. Something to keep in mind.

Also, I'm not sure how that would "level the playing field". Just about everyone has the same number of mastery points and access to the same masteries. Maybe this wasn't the phrase you were going for.

I'm all for masteries getting re-tooled in some fashion. But again you said that you're limited because 4* champs aren't enough. I'm not sure any changes to the masteries are going to make a big enough impact to matter if that is indeed your biggest concern.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited May 2018
    I still don’t get how more levels for your summoner level affects that new content is geared towards 5*. That logic just doesn’t make any sense. Just rank up your 5* and grind the resources to do so. The level cap doesn’t need to be raised. It’s just a meaningless number. Your champs are what’s important
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    This is not an RPG where levels increase your power. Your summoner level does not affect your champs, outside of masteries.

However, hearing that the game is designed around 70 energy max is mind bottling. Like my mind is in a bottle. I'm not sure how 5-10 more energy for max level players would change much of anything, other than making the quality of life for players a wee bit better. Like actually completing a quest path in one sitting.. without buying a refill. I guess I answered my own pondering there though.

• ScottLangScottLang Posts: 149
    What we really need is an aq revamp, not everyone likes stressig out over wars and aq is the only section of the game without 6* opponents but yet was one of the first alliance based gameplay modes to be released. I mean with void as the mini in map 6 the difficulty is quite a bit higher but with the same lame rewards. No one wants to compete to get an extra 200 glory points and another t4cc that they already have a ton of anyway. I mean even adding 5* shards or 6* shards or even t2a shards to top 100 ranks would make people happy im sure. Instead the top 300 get rewards that are almost unusable at this point besides glory which is helpfull at times. The weaker players who cant compete at top levels struggle to get resorces needed to rank up and the top guys get so much that they are drowning in it.

Keep in mind, when they increased the level cap from 50 to 60, you got 1 point at 55 and 1 at 60. You stopped getting 1 per level once you hit 50. Something to keep in mind.

Also, I'm not sure how that would "level the playing field". Just about everyone has the same number of mastery points and access to the same masteries. Maybe this wasn't the phrase you were going for.

I'm all for masteries getting re-tooled in some fashion. But again you said that you're limited because 4* champs aren't enough. I'm not sure any changes to the masteries are going to make a big enough impact to matter if that is indeed your biggest concern.

nope you got a point per level if I recall correctly

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/18047/just-reached-level-57-what-other-unique-rewards-on-58-to-60
  • PenumbrousPenumbrous Posts: 30
    Other games I have played repeat continually roll the last level so after rank 60 you once you obtain enough xp again you stay on 60 and the xp resets awarding something like rank up resources or units. That seemed to work well for them and would mean xp boosts would be more than item use fodder.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★
    Hi There,

Mastery points excuse is a BS idea, I mean also on the energy, how can last months event quest be based off 70 energy 😂😂 that’s crazy!

You can still give things for levelling up without touching on mastery points, how about shards, how about cats, gold... tons of items and resources could be rewards.

It has nothing to do with mastery points, half are broken, some are still “coming soon” for 2 years.

It’s a shambles we can’t level up past 70, it’s such a strange number to stop at too.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike what about just recycling the level on repeat so that the player, at the very least, gets a free refill on energy....maybe some gold or a t1a. It's just that as a team you've got this item in the game that a big chunk of players have 0 use for other than item use.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Hi There,

Personally, I'd love to see the flip side of this. Instead of more mastery points, I'd love to see more masteries.

I'm pretty sure that what @Kabam Miike is implying, but perhaps is not allowed to state explicitly, is that Kabam isn't going to give more mastery points until they make more masteries to use them on. Making more masteries may be something Kabam is working on, but cannot discuss until they are ready to release them, and that time might be a ways off yet.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    JRock808 wrote: »
    This is not an RPG where levels increase your power. Your summoner level does not affect your champs, outside of masteries.

However, hearing that the game is designed around 70 energy max is mind bottling. Like my mind is in a bottle. I'm not sure how 5-10 more energy for max level players would change much of anything, other than making the quality of life for players a wee bit better. Like actually completing a quest path in one sitting.. without buying a refill. I guess I answered my own pondering there though.

Yes, you did. By definition, anything valuable enough to ask for is potentially valuable enough to affect the balance calculations of the game. There's no such thing as something we should care about but the game devs should not care about.

That's not a statement on whether the energy balance in the game is correct or not. I'm not convinced it is. It is simply a statement on the fact that anything worth asking for and has the potential to benefit the players is, by definition, something that would change the game in some significant way.
  • The_RikerpThe_Rikerp Posts: 59
    I don’t think we will ever get more mastery points. Sure, I would love to run max deep wounds, max assassin, max suicides, willpower, and a bunch in utility. But I think that would break the game.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    Hi There,

The game is evolved past 4* for YOU. New players still need/use them. Not everyone has been playing for 3 years. I've been playing since release and still use them to this day. You arent the only one playing.
  • RodsteinRodstein Posts: 207
    Hi There,

This a deceiving statement, given that the current energy cap isnt enough to do one full path of the most energy demanding quest, about the extras, there is no need for mastery points(tho would be nice) but instead frag crystals, t4bc or alphas could be put in as well as gold or something that isnt too much, but does gelp progression/expansion wise
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    it's okay to have only those mastery points we already have, but it would be very nice to get something for that xp, maybe something like t4cc for lvl, t4cc or even t2a/t5cc