**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Over 2 years....

2»

Comments

• Zeronaut81Zeronaut81 Posts: 290 ★★
    What about something as simple as creating an “XP currency” that we can build up once we’ve reached level 60, and use it to make purchases for various items in a new “XP store”? I’ve completed all content that the game currently offers, and there’s barely even motivation each day to use the 70 energy I have, as things are.

We should be continually rewarded at least on some scale for anything we are putting our time into doing in this, or any game, on some level.

This is probably one of the best suggestions I've seen in the forums. I'm not at lvl 60 yet, but I think it would be a cool thing for end-game players. The only concern that I've got would be that end-game players might have access to resources that others couldn't. On the flip side, I can totally understand the frustration of getting no further rewards once you hit lvl 60. I think that end-game content (t2a seems fair to me?) should be available roughly at the same XP rate as getting from lvl 59-60. That way, the time spent on playing can still earn progress for end-game players.
    Another idea is maybe the XP store could sell cosmetic things like cool titles akin to legend titles (maybe things that tie into current movies or promotions?) or the option to choose your own avatar, with perhaps rare skins for the avatars? I personally love dr. Voodoo as my avatar, but I'd be bummed if a helpful AW defender that I personally didn't like was my avatar due to high pi/prestige. It would be cool to be able to change that.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Zibiit What are the odds that something like this could be discussed?

• EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    The whole mastery tree is long overdue for a revamp as a lot of them a just junk, please get that in order as a lot of guys are sitting with stagnant mastery awaiting the long overdue update and whatever happens with MD
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Rodstein wrote: »
    Hi There,

This is something that we have discussed in the past, however we are not yet ready to increase the Level Cap. The reason here is that we're not yet ready to give anything more with the growth in levels. All of our Content is designed around the current Energy Cap, and we're not yet ready to give more Mastery Points.

It is something that we're looking into for the future, but do not have any immediate plans to do so at this time.

This a deceiving statement, given that the current energy cap isnt enough to do one full path of the most energy demanding quest, about the extras, there is no need for mastery points(tho would be nice) but instead frag crystals, t4bc or alphas could be put in as well as gold or something that isnt too much, but does gelp progression/expansion wise

The fact that you disagree doesn't make it "deceiving." The fact is as long as they don't currently have a specific thing they want to gate with levels, there's no good reason to add more levels. That's game design 101.
    Go_Grems wrote: »
    Never have I seen a game where you have to stay alert and engaged for 72 hours straight at a chance for something.

Never have I seen that either. Certainly not here.
  • qopqop Posts: 52
    Customizing masteries for unique situations and champions is fine, but why make it so it costs to “customize” while there are many “unique” circumstances?
  • RodsteinRodstein Posts: 207
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Hi There,

This is something that we have discussed in the past, however we are not yet ready to increase the Level Cap. The reason here is that we're not yet ready to give anything more with the growth in levels. All of our Content is designed around the current Energy Cap, and we're not yet ready to give more Mastery Points.

It is something that we're looking into for the future, but do not have any immediate plans to do so at this time.

This a deceiving statement, given that the current energy cap isnt enough to do one full path of the most energy demanding quest, about the extras, there is no need for mastery points(tho would be nice) but instead frag crystals, t4bc or alphas could be put in as well as gold or something that isnt too much, but does gelp progression/expansion wise

The fact that you disagree doesn't make it "deceiving." The fact is as long as they don't currently have a specific thing they want to gate with levels, there's no good reason to add more levels. That's game design 101.

Actually the fact that he states "All of our Content is designed around the current Energy Cap..." is deceiving, their cap energy of 70 cant cover @ full path on certain eqs and most sq from act 4 and beyond
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,679 ★★★★★
    We want more resources not specifically mastery points. It shouldn't be that hard to code them put after lol 60.
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    It would be cool if exp was converted to gold once you're max level. This would make those exp boosts have a purpose for everyone.
    Hi There,

Actually the fact that he states "All of our Content is designed around the current Energy Cap..." is deceiving, their cap energy of 70 cant cover @ full path on certain eqs and most sq from act 4 and beyond

The fact that the current energy cap is lower than the longest paths in the content doesn't mean they are lying when they say the content is designed around that current energy cap. It is more likely that those paths are explicitly designed to require more energy than the energy cap. You may not like that decision (I certainly don't) but that's entirely different from implying they must be lying when they say the content is designed with that energy cap in mind.
    Never have I seen a game where you have to stay alert and engaged for 72 hours straight at a chance for something.

Ah yes my "I AM DRAX AND EVERYTHING IS LITERAL" friend is back.

For your benefit allow me to elaborate. For a new to mid level "free to play" player without a deep roster, if they want to break to top bracket and get a 4* or 5* (depending on where they are), that is exactly what they have to do to compete. Look at the recent scores for Domino, 4* deadpool. Deep roster or not you are playing straight as heroes refresh. Or you spend.

If that's what you meant, then ALL games require you to stay alert and engaged for 72 straight hours for a chance at many rewards, assuming you haven't been playing the game long enough for the effort required to be practical yet.

Also, for it to require someone to play 72 straight hours to reach the cutoff for 4* deadpool, they would have to be using an comically large bench of 3* 3/30s. It seems highly unlikely that there exists even a single person in the game with that many 3* champions combined with that much stupidity.
  • RodsteinRodstein Posts: 207
    Hi There,

The fact that the current energy cap is lower than the longest paths in the content doesn't mean they are lying when they say the content is designed around that current energy cap. It is more likely that those paths are explicitly designed to require more energy than the energy cap. You may not like that decision (I certainly don't) but that's entirely different from implying they must be lying when they say the content is designed with that energy cap in mind.

Im not saying they are lying, im saying is deceving at least to me, bc it appears it says you got enough energy, but you actually, dont bc my internal opinion is that isnt supposed to be enough in certain cases, perhaps i have the wrong word, if so i would like to know which one defines what i think in this case to use it
    Hi There,

Im not saying they are lying, im saying is deceving at least to me, bc it appears it says you got enough energy, but you actually, dont bc my internal opinion is that isnt supposed to be enough in certain cases, perhaps i have the wrong word, if so i would like to know which one defines what i think in this case to use it

I'm not sure what the correct word would be. Saying they designed the content around the current energy cap doesn't imply to me that all the content requires less energy than the cap, it tells me much of the content was designed to be impossible to complete in one sitting. Really, I think the statement bothers you because it signals Kabam doesn't share your beliefs about how content should be designed. But I don't think there's a single English word that encapsulates that idea.

In English, saying a statement is "deceiving" implies the originator of the statement intends to mislead someone into thinking something they know to be false. In English, deception and lying are not perfectly synonymous but imply strongly related ideas.

Ah yes my "I AM DRAX AND EVERYTHING IS LITERAL" friend is back.

For your benefit allow me to elaborate. For a new to mid level "free to play" player without a deep roster, if they want to break to top bracket and get a 4* or 5* (depending on where they are), that is exactly what they have to do to compete. Look at the recent scores for Domino, 4* deadpool. Deep roster or not you are playing straight as heroes refresh. Or you spend.

If that's what you meant, then ALL games require you to stay alert and engaged for 72 straight hours for a chance at many rewards, assuming you haven't been playing the game long enough for the effort required to be practical yet.

Also, for it to require someone to play 72 straight hours to reach the cutoff for 4* deadpool, they would have to be using an comically large bench of 3* 3/30s. It seems highly unlikely that there exists even a single person in the game with that many 3* champions combined with that much stupidity.

Actually no. Playing the literal card, I recently played the Star Wars commander game. Obtaining heroes is a matter of unlocking game content. Done at your leisure. So perhaps not ALL games require it. Maybe ALL games you have played??

Recently, I played tic tac toe. I managed to unlock all the moves in a single sitting, so perhaps playing the literal card in this case implies you should be spending most of your time counting your 3* roster.
  • Monkey_LordMonkey_Lord Posts: 57
    edited June 2018

Masteries are tuned around the current setup. We don't want everybody to have "every mastery" or once again create a situation where there is one mastery setup to rule them all. Choosing your Mastery setup should be about making choices, and ensuring that your setup is customized to you, your play style, and the Champions you like to use.

Unfortunately, this means that we cannot, at this time, release more Mastery Points.[/quote]

This is a load of piss- even if you allowed 30 more mastery points, no one would every mastery.

Actually adding more mastery points would allow players to more fine tune there team and style of play..

So, getting down to the meat and potatoes of it, you are making so much money on revives and health pots that it wouldn’t be good for bottom line to let players add more masteries..

If your statement were true, then players could change their masteries an unlimited amount of times, free of charge, until their set up is customized to their style of play..
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    To address your concern, @Kabam Miike Just add more levels and increase the energy cap. We're not asking that you provide more masteries, we're asking you to increase the level and energy cap.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Siliyo wrote: »
    To address your concern, @Kabam Miike Just add more levels and increase the energy cap. We're not asking that you provide more masteries, we're asking you to increase the level and energy cap.

he mentioned this in the past in that the game isn't to the point where we need more energy. and to an extent I kind of agree with that. End game players can clear all of the EQs in 3 weeks without using a refill (most months) leaving a couple weeks to work on story quests if they haven't done so already. even with the additional stuff like merc and assassins assignments, you're still able to clear everything you need to. Want to get it done fast???? then use some refills as that mentality is conducive to spending a few units which means spending money on the game.

What I do want to see is what I stated earlier in the year and that position hasn't changed. Recycle level 60, and at the end of it, give us gold, T1a's, whatever. That way we can use our XP boosts for the intention of gaining XP and not using them for just Item usage...100 points a pop of whatever
  • WOKWOK Posts: 468 ★★
    I am wholeheartedly with everyone when it comes to the level cap, masteries etc. Xp boost was(still is) so annoying that I made a thread a while back requesting some change to better accomodate players rather than ignoring them..... I was still ignored.

Some food for thought...

With the energy cap we can't complete a full path(the longest) as was the same before, but the paths are getting longer than they used to be.

6*'s are now circulated along with new champs with new abilities, which translates into more resources needed to upgrade.

More events being added allowing for champs to be acquired faster than before.

All these things IMO point to the game evolving and progressing, yet some of the most basic things to signify progression and also necessary for fluid gameplay is not geared to evolve also?

I've been playing 3+ yrs, and recall "sales" or "bundles" for cats to include approx. 2xT4b, maybe 1xT1a at most, and gold included would be around the 100-200k max. Energy refill x 1 maybe 2. Something like that was considered a huge bundle.......

Ffwd to present, the last bundle had 4 or 5xT4b, was it 10xT1a?? bunch of energy and 1mil gold I believe.

Again IMO, the game seems to be evolving from free/pay2play into solely pay to stay. I wouldn't be surprised if my avatar ends up being on the Easy duels target list in the near future. Lol