**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is "Evangeline Lilly’s Champion Challenge" bugged or working as intended?

Well so it says small champ's heavy can't be glanced therefore, I should not take damage back right? With that thought I went in with stark built up 10 poise charges and used 2 heavies and stark is in the bin!!!

what am I missing here?

Comments

• Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    It’s bugged...
  • Viper83Viper83 Posts: 210
    I see lol. Nah I exited out
    I’m using a large champ (Hyperion) and still taking damage
  • Rogue42Rogue42 Posts: 1,006 ★★★
    I haven’t seen the actual nodes in game, but the announcement said that larger champs get the advantage, not smaller.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Were you fighting antman or Capt IW?
    Cause they have their own glancing ability separate from the global nodes rule.
    Hence they can glance heavies and that damage would be reflected back at you
    edited June 2018
    i was fighting falcon, just saw a tweet from seatin saying this event is bugged and he was also using large champ.
    Patchie93 wrote: »

Makes sense. Then this is going to be a milking fiesta.

Even in the first fights against Falcon and Hawkeye... still taking damage. Mainly seems to be the first hit but it’s sometimes almost 10% reflected back
  • CoderKnight69CoderKnight69 Posts: 53
    Well the furies from heavies are getting lost with suicides masteries damage too...this is bad,as it is said they would be removed when we take damage from the opponent and not masteries.

Is this working as intended?
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Irohr wrote: »
    Did you use any revives or pots? If so, working as intended.

LOL, good point :D
  • zackb213zackb213 Posts: 84
    I noticed the same thing with XL champs I take damage with the first hit of the combo like kabam please fix this
  • Darkrider05Darkrider05 Posts: 288 ★★★
    I'm pretty sure all the nodes are bugged. I was using LC on starky I was getting glanced even if I used heavy.
  • DragoshCTDragoshCT Posts: 2

Check this reply from Kabam Doot:

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/445007/#Comment_445007

Required attacks should not trigger the node OR the normal glancing.
    It is 100% bugged.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    My Ghulk takes damage too...

Nah I'm pretty sure that node covers both glancing abilities
  • Gwm83Gwm83 Posts: 72
    Regardless the rewards are ****....thanks for the 4* mystic gem....just what I needed to progress. And I may be the only 1 but I guess that small change to the sentinels in aq makes the rewards adequate. Good job kabam. Smh
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Am sure it's bugged. Just used stark Spidey who is small an shoukd not have his heavy attack glanced against falcon. Built up 10 poise did a heavy an it damaged falcon but also killed me. This should not be happening unless am reading the node wrong
    It’s stuff like this that genuinely has me wondering (not trying to offend anyone at Kabam) if they actually do test stuff before they put it out
  • FeanorFeanor Posts: 6
    These ****-coders did this on purpose..
    Yeah First hit is always reflected back regardless whether it glanced or not...
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Basically its Deadpool month, so Kabam thought they can officially troll the players.

Do what you will, you WILL be glanced.
  • SolanteSolante Posts: 1
    Experiencing the same thing too.
  • MalchaeisMalchaeis Posts: 174 ★★
    Yep. Used drax against antman. Used his sp3 and died right after.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    It's only the first hit. After that it seems to work fine. People are spewing a lot of misinformation on this topic.
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    It's only the first hit. After that it seems to work fine. People are spewing a lot of misinformation on this topic.

Still a bug eh. What if you're only left with enough health to take one hit, you die and have to use a revive.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★

Still a bug eh. What if you're only left with enough health to take one hit, you die and have to use a revive.

Sure it's a bug but I was still able to finish it in 1 go with no items used. Definitely not game breaking and not nearly as bad as most people are making it out to be.
  • Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    Sure it's a bug but I was still able to finish it in 1 go with no items used. Definitely not game breaking and not nearly as bad as most people are making it out to be.

Here's a bigfer issue. L champs taking reflect damage from special attacks.

https://youtu.be/tRLhSoUc7n8
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★

Here's a bigfer issue. L champs taking reflect damage from special attacks.

https://youtu.be/tRLhSoUc7n8

I just had exactly the same thing happen to me, I lost 56% health and died when using hyperons s3
This discussion has been closed.