**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New type of event/game mode

Hi Kabam and community,

Just posting an idea for a game mode/event I had in another thread.

I think it could be fun to see Kabam introduce an event where everyone is given the same 5 champs and within the event, masteries and potions/boosts aren’t an option. The task is making it through a new map of say 13 challenging fights.

What would be the rewards?
Your standard shards and such.
But also, the top 800 fastest times would receive a special title.

What’s the point of this?
It would be an actual skill challenge. Everyone would be playing with the same champs, same masteries (none), and same potions/boosts (none). Much better bragging rights (IMO) than being a leg end.

It basically would control for many of the variables, and in particular, rng luck and willingness to spend, that can create a perception of skill.

How could Kabam benefit from this?
Limit the number of entries. I would propose 1 or 2 months to complete the event (and have it recur with new champs/opponents), with a limit of 3 entries per player within that time frame. So if you start and exit without finishing, that’s one entry.

Kabam can then offer additional entries (similar to healing factor arena) for a steep price. Sure people may get more chances, but ultimately if you are a top player, 3 should be enough to clear with a good time.

Comments

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I like it. Instead of a beefed up boss rush of the worst champions of each class, have to do a boss rush WITH the worst champions. I wouldnt say 800 fastest times, but I like the idea.
  • NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    Thank you @Maidril for opening this post.
    I really hope the idea will get the attention it deserves.
    Why? Mostly because it is very simple to put "in motion" - we already have similar events so adding one with limits (same heroes, no mastery - or the same mastery for everyone, no revives and no healing potions) would not necessarily need a ton of changes or a start from scratch in building something entirely new.

I want to suggest a few things:
    - everyone is aware that different devices have different loading times so I don't want TIME to be the metric that establish who is better.
    - instead each fight would make you win points:

+ for instance you get 100 bonus points for taking down the opponent in under XX seconds (less seconds, bigger bonus)
    + you get points for having uninterrupted hits streaks
    + you get points for using less parries
    + you get points for using more intercepts

The idea is to set some rules that will, in fact, make the real skilled people prove just how good they are.
    And if the heroes used are the same for everyone, the times between fights won't matter and only what happens inside the fights will count ... I think it will be an amazing event.

Of course I don't stand any chance to win anything but this idea could make skilled people interested in such an event.
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    Thanks @NoOnexRO - I often forget about the plight of Android users.

I may be wrong, but their biggest thing is load time correct?

I like your suggestions for how to measure it, but potentially a simple time measure would be cumulative time spent in the fights. So it would be a timer similar to AQ/AW and then your total time after all fights would be your time. Rather than the time from entering the event to completing it.
  • NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    Yes, time from fights could count, because between screens Android players aren't that fortunate. :)
  • BlacksparkBlackspark Posts: 24
    Absolutely love the idea...especially the version where loading times is taken out. This would definitely be awesome.
  • thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★
    Love the idea.

Would be dope if you can either use new champs and or fight against new champs. This way it's not just skill but also strategy and thinking on the fly. This would also make players more willing to spend on crystals for new champs that are good.

Also wouldn't hits received be a good criterion to measure skill?
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    I like the idea but having only 3 tries in a 1 of 2 month period is way to low.
  • AkhilxcxAkhilxcx Posts: 255 ★★
    Okay don't get me wrong op i love your idea but we all know this game has history of putting more bugs in the game with new content so first let them fix the game and rebalance some champs then only ask for new content
    P.S. I don't want any more bugged content
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    @Akhilxcx totally agree...but we both know that isn’t happening 😂😂😂