**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Can Someone Please Solve the Mystery of War MVP Calculations?

2»

Comments

• DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    You cant explore 37 percent of the map by doing 1 of 9 paths

You can if a BG doesn't place all 50 defenders and if miniboss and boss kills contribute greater % than non-boss nodes
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    That's our last guy he kills 1 nose (backup ) and had almost 30 percent?

And so here's why I started the discussion. Because it says "exploration %" but clearly it doesn't mean exploration. So what does it mean? And if boss kills and miniboss kills calculate towards MVP, Kabam should include that in the information.
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    You can get that exploration, I do it most wars.

I typically run paths 2 and 3, then jump to path 1 on the last section. (Someone follows behind just to clean up the extra portal)

That’s always an mvp, but I am convinced that defender rating is almost the biggest factor. I’ve had a few wars where I took shorter paths and still came out with an undeserved MVP because my rating is a lot higher. I have about 50 right now, and many of them I did not deserve.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious Some insight would be much appreciated please.
  • BrutalMiraBrutalMira Posts: 235
    @Kabam Vydious

MVP what it means on kabam? Im thinking if the MVP is the Most Valuable Player but sometimes its not. If kabam ask why is not? Becuase as mention above of some player why The player gets MVP even he is totaly K.O. In the mini boss and im the one No single K.O. And im the one who take down the final Boss with 1 fight no K.O but still im not MVP becuase for the reason that he gets MVp becuase he have more than 2 defender kills than me???? Defender kills should be not the base of score who become mvp it should be who is never KO and take down the boss thats the real MVP for me just like in AQ who always taking the mini boss and final boss will get more points

Please like if you agree or related on my thoughts
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    I usually take w.e. path is hardest (most the time 6 all the way) my defense is strongest, I am a mini and boss killer in my BG. Also worth noting I usually take up most the minibosses and boss with my defense.

115 MVPs.

Defender rating has to be a huge factor, as well as which nodes you take out i.e. boss or mini.

I also have suspicions that certain nodes must be given more emphasis than others and the order in which you take them out.

I am saying this because at times I just fight my path fully noded and when I do fight paths fully noded vs. Unnoded I noticed greater total contribution.

Not the best designed system, but my gosh is it ever intricate because it seems to consider mostly everything. This allows even more room for errors in the actual calculation I imagine.
    Well one thing is certain, Kabam as usual is short on information and nothing is what it seems
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    Wow. Wipe the alliance and the persons name

I know you either in the alliance and prolly who was posted

But it’s against the rules to post those even if it’s you
  • NoOnexRONoOnexRO Posts: 339 ★★★
    How about they are just sorted descending by name?
    The ones with 4.2% and the ones with 4.1%.
    Isn't this just a laugh?
    So you ca be MVP is your name starts with "Z". :)))
  • Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    I beg to differ you can't @Dropfaith my last war I did 44% I do path 2.sl8vp7c5kopo.png
  • Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    TBH it's a stupid stat. I have Wars where i did 9 kills 20 defender kills highest explore but not get it to someone with 8 kills 3 defender kills and less exploring because defence rating is higher. Since rating doesn't matter why is it counted so high for mvp. MVP and the gold list (forgot what it is called on top of my head) should match every time but never does.
    edited June 2018
    0n2j7ziqrg8m.png

This was from a couple weeks ago, I had 11 kills and got MVP by like one tenth of a percentage.

Then the next war I only had 7 and won it by 4 tenths. Same amount of defender kills.

I have been thinking about it, the more I think about how they calculate it the less it makes sense to me.

(EDIT) ok so its early Saturday morning, I double checked that pic and it was a full percentage point on this one. So never mind. Still can’t figure it out though.
    Sorry about the amateur paint skillzzz. :wink:
    Piviot wrote: »
    Wow. Wipe the alliance and the persons name

I know you either in the alliance and prolly who was posted

But it’s against the rules to post those even if it’s you

I believe you’re mistaken. You can’t call out players/alliances in the forums, but nothing says you can’t show names in normal context. Since I’m not speaking of my ally mates in a derogatory manner or in some way that would compromise their security, it should be fine.
    @Wil6541 @Dropfaith I honestly can’t think of one good reason for Kabam to not be forthcoming with how this stat is calculated. It should be a simple thing for them to say: “these are the metrics we bring into the calculation and this how we weigh each one.”
  • Jaws32zxJaws32zx Posts: 41
    I think they should go to a pionts system per player breakdown like AQ....for attackers and how much health your defenders took off attacker.
  • Jaws32zxJaws32zx Posts: 41
    Points based on defender raiting...point per rating......regen excluded
    Jaws32zx wrote: »
    I think they should go to a pionts system per player breakdown like AQ....for attackers and how much health your defenders took off attacker.

Though I appreciate your input, suggestions of how it should be isn't exactly the intent of this thread, but trying to discover how it actually is calculated at this current stage of the game.
    Wil6541 wrote: »
    I beg to differ you can't @Dropfaith my last war I did 44% I do path 2.sl8vp7c5kopo.png

You're not grasping what i meant. You can hit 44 percent according to kabam math. But explain to me how one person who kills 8 or 50 nodes is 44 percent..

Math tells me that you cant

Right. So it'd be nice if @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit @Ad0ra_ or any of the other fine folks at Kabam would come along and provide us an explanation of what "exploration %" actually means and how MVP is calculated. Or at least come by and say "we're not telling you, sorry."