**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

are synergies fixed in aw defense?

i want to place some good synergy team in aw defense, but i remember there was a bug and synergies were not working in aw defense, is it fixed now or not? thanks
@Kabam Rose @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Zibiit

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Not yet.
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    They have them intentionally disabled
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    To what extent are the synergies disabled? Are all of them turned off (crit, perfect block, etc), or just the champ-specific ones that would reveal other hidden defenders?

We all thought they used to run the standard crit or perfect block synergies just fine because you could have a crit rating boosted without any clue of the remaining defenders placed. However the whole bug wasn't noticed until the champ-specific ones came into play (like Black Bolt giving Medusa up to 6 fury stacks or Rag Hulk going unstoppable with a Thor synergy).

Kabam doesn't want attacking players to be faced with "surprise" abilities, but they also realized that disclosing said synergies would compromise the secrecy of other champ placements. So until they can figure out how to say the defenders have a synergy without telling anyone what other champs are placed, it seems the synergies still disabled (at least the special ones).
  • HarvesterSorr0wHarvesterSorr0w Posts: 112
    So, late reply here -- Sorry for that. But, this issue annoys me to no end. While i understand the issue they (Kabam) are wrestling with, it seems to me to be complete BS to not have synergies working in the scheme of AW Defense. Surely, they must have some idea by now -- many months later.

Beyond that annoyance, I guess my question is : How deep does this go? Is it purely a synergy issue? Or does it also affect characters that have synergy-like abilities built into their core make-up? For example, Hela's entire signature ability when duped is centered around "Synergy" in that she's aware of the dead or alive status of her teammates. If they are dead, she gets souls at the start of a fight based on that dead teammate status to feed her fury abilities. So, does this problem in AW mean that Hela is nerfed because they can't figure this out, even though it's not technically a synergy? Or, does she work the way she's supposed to since it's a signature ability and not a synergy? I honestly don't know since i'm not present for the fights in AW defense and therefore can't see what happens. Would like some kind of official confirmation on that though.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I suspect that all interactions aren't active, that's just a guess though. I understand wanting them back but I personally don't. At one point I thought they should have been active but they've increased the map difficulty without them working and I just really don't want anymore changes. But that's just me.
  • HarvesterSorr0wHarvesterSorr0w Posts: 112
    But then it basically means there are silent nerfs out there, right? Hela being a perfect example. Having her duped means nothing then because it shuts off her sig ability. That's not right.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Sorry that it doesn't seem to be fixed, to the dismal of you and me and may other players. Judging at the quality of work by a certain company, looks like you may have to check back again in year 2099.
  • ThatGuy214ThatGuy214 Posts: 303 ★★
    You will never see AW synergy as kabam has said before the reason they are disabled is there no way to display what you are facing. Plus the amount of code needed to remedy this is time consuming and not worth it honestly. Nodes are challenging enough with a medusa with Royal family synergy on top of it.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    @HarvesterSorr0w Hela is likely bugged herself as she essentially receives souls even if she isn’t part of a team, like in duels. Duel someone who has Hela or if you have Hela and she receives the equivalent of -4 teammates worth of souls. Also here is a pic of her in AW showing her starting with souls.
    fdfdf0h9n212.png

• World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    Would be great if Kabam could provide us with an update on synergies in AW. There’s been silence about this issue for far too long
  • AndrewAndrew Posts: 238
    MikeHock wrote: »
    Would be great if Kabam could provide us with an update on synergies in AW. There’s been silence about this issue for far too long

yeah, plus since lot more changes are coming in the war. we need some clarification
  • na_na_ Posts: 55
    I'd rather not. I don't want to run into a KM that can purify debuffs and regen from it.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    You better hope they never allow them.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    shchong2 wrote: »
    Sorry that it doesn't seem to be fixed, to the dismal of you and me and may other players. Judging at the quality of work by a certain company, looks like you may have to check back again in year 2099.

If they allow synergies I can match your alliance and stack paths you willl never complete.
  • GotszbotGotszbot Posts: 236
    0ae0esaf9li5.jpg

Funny I asked the same thing and got my discussion closed 6hours ago. But here is your answer. Stupid mod. Note the singular.
  • alexftwalexftw Posts: 2
    Bump