**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mistake with offer?

Comments

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    The Champs in the Crystal are listed. It's really quite simple. If you want them, buy it. If you don't, don't. I don't see how it matters if they are listed as Bleed, but don't. We all know they don't. That's why we are discussing it.

We all know you’ll never disagree with Kabam so why bother even discussing things with you?

I don't agree or disagree for the sake of it.

Debatable. Clearly the crystal was meant for bleeding champs otherwise it wouldn’t be called a Bloodletting crystal. It would just be a legendary crystal or whatever. Clearly they’re in the wrong. Whether they added champs that shouldn’t have been in there or added champs in the announcement they were in the wrong and they are making no attempt to show they care for the customer for this. Basically “Sorry you thought the bloodletting crystal had only bleed champs. We got your money goodbye.”

There is a list of Champs available. They're in it. People know who they're going for, and know what Champs cause Bleed, and they're certainly aware enough to point out the mistake. Why is it people try to cash in on a text error? Lawd.

The list of champs available included 5-Star versions of Joe Fixit and War Machine.

Those champions were not in the crystal.

The fact Kabam has chosen not to release them as five stars makes this a very appealing offer; which turns out to have been false.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Which we all know aren't available in-game. These are all things we know.
    Do people look for errors on the daily?
    edited June 2018
    I'm not here to argue at all. Some are. A valid concern is, "I bought the Crystal and I got a Champ that didn't Bleed.". Not, "Kabam made a mistake. Let's take this opportunity to highlight it and make an example about a hypothetical that didn't affect me because I know better.".
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Bear3 wrote: »
    Lol @ people talking about champs listed which aren’t available.... people super upset they didn’t get a 5* joe fixit and or war machine?!!! Lmao no y’all would be pissed of you got that. At most the description shoiod have said higher probability of getting a bleed champion. Quake isn’t related to bleed granted but nebula is bleed immune, and cb shrugs off bleed once duped. Doesn’t say they actually inflict bleed. Point is the champs were listed, if you spent 40$ without reading the list, that was silly. People knew what champs they might get and then upon getting someone they didn’t want, are crying “unfair play!”. Sorry to those of you who had your little hearts set on beast mode 5* joe fix it, y’all are the true victims here. Rofl.

Hey man a 4/55 duped War Machine would do massive damage on Unblockable sp1 AW nodes when empty the clip gets triggered
  • adknight27adknight27 Posts: 45

By that logic Marvel should have said Leonardo Di Caprio was in Infinity War... we all know he wasn’t... but does it make it ok?
    adknight27 wrote: »

By that logic Marvel should have said Leonardo Di Caprio was in Infinity War... we all know he wasn’t... but does it make it ok?

So they should make it a point to specify everytime that the Champs currently not offered as 5*s are not in the Crystal, even though we all know they're not, and if they fail to specify, they owe us. Gotcha.
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    Yes this is completely the players fault..
    I mean them 3 champs was hidden in the list despite it guaranteeing a bleed-ability champ in the header..
    And everyone knows "Fit it" and "War Machine" aren't available as 5*s just like Vision..

Oh hold on......
    Wasn't Vision recently sold as a 5*..
    Many players bought him to add to their collection despite the high cost.. but just because they paid £500 to add him to their collection doesn't mean they would pay £40 for a chance to add another rare champ does it..
    Err... Oh well..
    At least this offer was only available to players that have extensive knowledge of the game.. I mean if new players could buy this deal they wouldn't know anything about the champs abilities and go by the header claiming they all have a bleed-ability..
    Oh hold on.....
    It was available to new players..

Hmm I guess the first section of my comment was completely inaccurate and this is clearly a case of false advertising.. I'm going to back away quietly and pretend I was never here..
    edited June 2018

You aren't being very Grounded or Wise on this occasion, GW.

There are a lot of things we "all know" in the game that get changed with little or no announcement.

The offer stated they were there. People who spent real money on the offer were entitled to the chance of obtaining them. If no such chance existed, they are entitled to a refund.

If people bought the Crystal with the express purpose of getting WM or JF and it didn't specify they weren't in it, perhaps they would have a case. I'm just not entirely convinced that a) people were going for them or b) they weren't already aware that they're not offered. As for changes without notice, I think that's just verging on a separate debate. So what we're left with, for the most part, is either people who want to point out the mistake for the sake of pointing it out, people who want a reroll because they didn't get what they want, or people who don't agree with the mistake. Some may have very well bought it for a 5* JF or WM. I'm not convinced it was that many. Lol.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018

So they should make it a point to specify everytime that the Champs currently not offered as 5*s are not in the Crystal, even though we all know they're not, and if they fail to specify, they owe us. Gotcha.

Well... yes... even kabam knows that and that’s why when there’s an offer with red cyclops, the description always ends with pointing out you can’t get him as a 4*.
    It’s poor advertising on 2 accounts and while nothing can be done about those that brought it for 5* fixit or war machine, anyone that got a non-bleed champ should be offered the samd opportunity as those who opened the featured 6* and received that error message.

Now, if you’re not here to argue, then why don’t you consider giving your 1 final thought and leaving it at that, people will most definitely reply to it but just ignore it and it’ll go away

Well... yes... even kabam knows that and that’s why when there’s an offer with red cyclops, the description always ends with pointing out you can’t get him as a 4*.
    It’s poor advertising on 2 accounts and while nothing can be done about those that brought it for 5* fixit or war machine, anyone that got a non-bleed champ should be offered the samd opportunity as those who opened the featured 6* and received that error message.

I disagree. That was 2 different situations. One was a malfunction. The other was a misworded, but functional Crystal.
    IOSJasoN wrote: »
    I mean them 3 champs was hidden in the list despite it guaranteeing a bleed-ability champ in the header..
    And everyone knows "Fit it" and "War Machine" aren't available as 5*s just like Vision..

Oh hold on......
    Many players bought him to add to their collection despite the high cost.. but just because they paid £500 to add him to their collection doesn't mean they would pay £40 for a chance to add another rare champ does it..
    Err... Oh well..
    At least this offer was only available to players that have extensive knowledge of the game.. I mean if new players could buy this deal they wouldn't know anything about the champs abilities and go by the header claiming they all have a bleed-ability..
    Oh hold on.....

Hmm I guess the first section of my comment was completely inaccurate and this is clearly a case of false advertising.. I'm going to back away quietly and pretend I was never here..

Specifically for him. He wasn't in among a list of Champs in the Crystal.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Feeding negative attention derails threads and gets them closed. Back on topic, past mistakes of this type have been compensated.
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★

I disagree. That was 2 different situations. One was a malfunction. The other was a misworded, but functional Crystal.

I think it's almost identical. You received a list of champs you could get but when you spun the crystal you couldn't actually get them all
    Appleisgod wrote: »

I think it's almost identical. You received a list of champs you could get but when you spun the crystal you couldn't actually get them all

You can get WM or JF. Just not 5*. They forgot to add an addendum. Not the end of the world. I still have yet to see anyone who bought it for JF or WM. Lol.
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Appleisgod wrote: »

You can get WM or JF. Just not 5*. They forgot to add an addendum. Not the end of the world. I still have yet to see anyone who bought it for JF or WM. Lol.

Didn't actually buy it for them but they were exclusive so it was part of the decision making
    In any event, rather than go back-and-forth, I'm just going to say I think it's being exaggerated, and in my opinion, people could care less if they were in it. Chances are, if they rolled them, it would be a Post about getting them and not wanting them. That's about all I have to say.
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    IOSJasoN wrote: »

Oh hold on......
    Err... Oh well..
    Oh hold on.....

Specifically for him. He wasn't in among a list of Champs in the Crystal.

Correct.. Specifically for him because they were Guaranteed a 5* Vision..
    Just like they were Guaranteed a Bleed-ability champ...
    You see where I'm going with this right lol
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★

Whatever you do for a living GW, I think we can take it as read that you aren't in legal.

PR?

Yes, they should specify, as @Mr_Platypus already said.

Consumer protection applies to protect the uninformed, not the obsessive readers of small print.

You might (as you clearly believe) know everything about the game. What about people who don't spend time in the forums? It is actually possible to play a computer game and never even notice there's a forum about it. How are these perfectly normal people supposed to 'know' that certain champs aren't available as a five star?

As for saying you 'doubt' many people were going for a particular champ, that's both egregiously egotistical and irrelevant. Those who were, and are disappointed, are entitled to a refund.
This discussion has been closed.