**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Covering / piloting

So, the common idea as I’ve seen it isi that covering people is legit and piloting is bad.

I realize that you’d have a hassle telling the difference but honestly this competative format isn’t realistic without covering so.... how about 30+ alliances? Let us have a few on the bench so people actually can go on vacation?
”Nah sorry hun. I have to cancel our anniversary honeymoon cuz of the mcoc aw finals” just doesn’t seem right.

the + people would still get rewards or else it won’t hold and ofcouse that means such a bench would be exploited in other ways cuz people are stupid peoole but... maybe that’s the lesse of two evils to try and keep it reasonable?

Or establish somekinda vaca covering program or idk.
People are committed tho.

Ps, great work lately. You’ve risen in my eyes since 12.0

Comments

• DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    Nice sentiment, but you're right, difficult to implement. But yes, people with emergencies, late work shifts, down internet, broken phones, vacations, etc, basically either needing someone to cover them briefly or having to boot them from the alliance (like while on vacation for 2 weeks in the mountains with no service or a 3rd world country) doesn't seem right. And filling a spot temporarily without having a good alt account is very hard because of the cooldowns for joining. Again, not sure what the answer is, except to cover for folks sparingly and hope kabam is merciful.
  • OnmixOnmix Posts: 508 ★★★
    I agree. Although it is gonna have to be really well thought out for it to work but giving the players some leeway for emergencies, personal time, etc is something that would be very welcome, for me at least.
    This is a means to stop people from asking others to access their accounts so it's actually a measure to prevent cheating. There are many MANY players that use account sharing because of time not just because they like to cheat and get better rewards (players that don't even believe doing that is cheating). And everyone, even the most competitive person in this game can have an emergency.
    I support this suggestion,
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    You can't be serious right? You actually believe that screen shot? Please tell me you believe in Bigfoot and aliens as well so I can understand where you are coming from.

[Edited by Moderation]
    Post edited by Kabam Ahab on
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    I went on vacation with no problem.
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    edited June 2018
    Whether you want to spend money or not is your decision. However, the screenshots are NOT proof Kabam is accepting of alliances who pilot. That was an illogical leap on your part.

Assuming the screenshots are legit, and do show <Alliance A> pilots, no way a company should take it as the main evidence because screenshots can be doctored. It should instead point them to look into it.

Also, It could be that Kabam's current method is unable to figure out those certain people are piloting because certaom cheaters have a rich person method (special vpn, etc) of circumventing the issue.

Blaming Kabam isn't the way to go since in no way have they been showing they are working hand in hand with cheaters who spend.

Cheaters deserve to be docked, yes. Kabam has shown they don't tolerate multiple instances.

Since they have taken a stance to give an initial lenient stance on cheating (second chance), but will potentially ban players that appear to continue cheating, that's awesome.

I do argue for harsher punishments towards cheaters, but I cannot agree with you that Kabam is colluding/buddybuddy with cheaters.

[Edited by Moderation]
    Post edited by Kabam Ahab on
  • CaykoCayko Posts: 111
    I get that covering, not piloting, is needed from time to time. I’m asking for a way to solve that. It doesn’t matter if my ideas are the greatest for it or not but spinning those thoughts may have someone else produce a legit idea for it.

Point is that you should still be able to be a determined and committed player parallell with having a somewhat regular life. This isn’t the NFL.
  • ezmoneyezmoney Posts: 208
    both are cheating... no discussion needed
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    My son wanted to go to a school disco on friday night, the same time as footy training.

You can do one or the other but don't complain about being benched on game day or missing out on holding hands with your girlfriend because of the choice you made.

• Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    I am assuming the people for it are school kids with nothing to do. Put it in another perspective. You work hard all season but are going away camping for the weekend. 2 days no reception and let's say you are the alliances best player. Would you be happy to be booted for those 2 days. Because now you get now aw season rewards, that aq rank, that sa because you had something to do. Flip the coin around you are on the cusp of either going up a tier or down a tier in aw, you happy to not have a full defence placed knowing that diversity and attack points are so hard to overcome.
    edited June 2018
    If you are that invested in an online game that it affects your ability to function as an adult or limits your IRL activities, you should probably re-evaluate your life choices.
    You're right @phillgreen I should. Why would I want my high end account to get my rewards for a season I was a high contributer towards. Might as well get nothing because I want a holiday for a single weekend.
    Wil6541 wrote: »
    You're right @phillgreen I should. Why would I want my high end account to get my rewards for a season I was a high contributer towards. Might as well get nothing because I want a holiday for a single weekend.

life decisions dude... your right to choose but u cant always have both
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    You haven't broken it down @Dropfaith I'll break it down for you. Use aw as a job, so I did 2 months of work but got sick for 2 days I get 0 pay for 2 months of work. That breaks it down.

@ezmoney your right life choices and I chose my family but please tell me how 2 months of work is worth absolutely nothing for 1 missed weekend.
    You haven't broken it down @Dropfaith I'll break it down for you. Use aw as a job, so I did 2 months of work but got sick for 2 days I get 0 pay for 2 months of work. That breaks it down.

@ezmoney your right life choices and I chose my family but please tell me how 2 months of work is worth absolutely nothing for 1 missed weekend.

there ya go.. you said work. if its 'work' then you have some soul searching to do. that being said ... why should other people suffer because you have vacation. aw rewards are a points based system... im sure people would like to grind as much as u did.. but they couldnt either do to family. Sorry man.. but its ur account. if you pilot then u deserve what u get
    "I lost my bonus at work because I took time off and missed the targets" is probably closer to accurate.

Time spent with your family has an immeasurable value compared to whatever you think you lost.
    I don't pilot @ezmoney I have no need to. Alright not work. Let's say your on the local whatever sports team, you make the grand finals, do you not deserve the ring because you broke your leg and not able to play last game? Even though whole season your were the teams MVP plus MVP of the post season? All I see is blind sided people that can't see the flip side of the coin. I got nothing on in life so I others should be the same. I go on holiday to some resort and have reception so those guys camping should find it. Real life comes first and you deserve the rewards in the game you earned and not lose them because of nonsense missed a weekend.
    I think it's a terrible system that encourages piloting for all the reasons we see all the time but the simple fact is that piloting is not allowed and should be punished and we play knowing that.

I don't pilot @ezmoney I have no need to. Alright not work. Let's say your on the local whatever sports team, you make the grand finals, do you not deserve the ring because you broke your leg and not able to play last game? Even though whole season your were the teams MVP plus MVP of the post season? All I see is blind sided people that can't see the flip side of the coin. I got nothing on in life so I others should be the same. I go on holiday to some resort and have reception so those guys camping should find it. Real life comes first and you deserve the rewards in the game you earned and not lose them because of nonsense missed a weekend.

if u joined an ally that would boot u if ur out for one war... u need to find a more understanding ally that shares your views on family.
    @ezmoney so my alliance should carry me for a war? Go back to that sport idea. Let's say one of your guys are out should your team only be allowed to have 9 out of 10 players on the field
    @Dropfaith that 1 guy does not. But if there was a back up system where he is doing more than 1 than yes he does.
    edited June 2018
    I say a bench all should get it. If they were there the required time. What other game do backups get nothing. Does let's say Tom Brady back up get nothing? If he has to fill in for him does he magically get more now? Easiest solution to the problem make each bg 9 people. Whole alliance gets rewarded but you got 3 spots to shift on the bench for real life, then lay the ban hammer down for any account sharing as there will never be a need
    Also @Dropfaith how is that scenario any different to I join your alliance 5 Wars before end. I still didn't work as hard as you but I get my full rewards.