**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Killmonger true strike

sfu_koraxsfu_korax Posts: 239 ★★
So i pulled him yesterday and was testing him out. Is it just me or are some opponent's specials never granting you true strike even if you get the timing right? For example i have never got true strike after striking hulk ragnarok after his special 1 or miles morales after his special 1. Am i doing something wrong? Or are some specials just not meant to give you enough time to activate the true strike?

Comments

• ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Yeah there are some
    Just remember that killmonger came out after a lot of champs, and this mechanic was never really used until killmonger came out
    But if you practice enough, you'll be able to exploit his unstoppable block charges from the sp1 to stay close enough to them to activate it
  • sfu_koraxsfu_korax Posts: 239 ★★
    So it seems like the only way to actually use him against most evade and autoblock champions is with the black panther synergy that gives him true strike when he intercepts...
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    No that’s with winter soldier
    You are correct, my bad
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    If you are too far away from they enemy, you can’t gain true strike
    Sucks, but that’s what it’s like right now
  • nopenope Posts: 134
    It's a timing thing. I never really have much trouble getting ts vs anyone unless I'm off on timing... Evading late, that sort of thing. There are champs that make it harder to do without utilizing the unstoppables. But spidey, modok, medusa (those I usually see in war), it works perfectly.
    nope wrote: »
    It's a timing thing. I never really have much trouble getting ts vs anyone unless I'm off on timing... Evading late, that sort of thing. There are champs that make it harder to do without utilizing the unstoppables. But spidey, modok, medusa (those I usually see in war), it works perfectly.

I cant evade Spiderman's special 1 so no way to get true strike from there... But I'm sure I'm nailing evades against all sorts of other champions, amd timing still seems to not be right. Not that i necessarily need true strike on those matchups, but still not being able to activate the ability makes me angry...
  • nopenope Posts: 134
    Huh... That's weird. I use him often in war bc I'm awful vs evaders haha. Apologies if it's a stupid question... But you're evading a special and immediately rushing in to punish them right? I've found if I'm late on the counter attack, it doesn't proc so I try to be as fast as I can and also attempt to evade as early as I can as well. He's really been a game changer for me honestly.
  • Friendly_UserFriendly_User Posts: 121
    You can't get it sometimes. I have never been able to get it after MM/CM's sp1 despite me hitting her almost immediately.
    edited June 2018
    nope wrote: »
    Huh... That's weird. I use him often in war bc I'm awful vs evaders haha. Apologies if it's a stupid question... But you're evading a special and immediately rushing in to punish them right? I've found if I'm late on the counter attack, it doesn't proc so I try to be as fast as I can and also attempt to evade as early as I can as well. He's really been a game changer for me honestly.

Yes i do rush in immediately. But no matter how fast i do it, he sometimes just not activates it
  • Friendly_UserFriendly_User Posts: 121
    Pro tip:

After your special, just block the opponent's special and rush in. Your unstoppable will make true strike proc almost every time. Evading can have tricky timing.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Yeah the activation timing for true strike is NOT the same as the strike window after a special. There are champs i can ALWAYS strike after evading their special and often will not get true strike. Not the same window of opportunity unfortunately. Still a great mechanic to counter many champs though.