**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

End of war matchmaking issue - Platinum 2/3 against top 5 for last war

GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
The group I'm in finally sneaked into platinum 2 riding a great win streak. With one war left to go we were incredibly pumped at the prospect of getting platinum 2 rewards and knew that it all came down to how we performed in our last war.

We look for a match and 15 minutes later nothing. 30 minutes later nothing. An hour later and we finally find a match, we breathe a sigh of relief until we see the +/-

azsjror5lf60.jpg

......114 points for a win and -2 points for a loss. With our current rating in the 2600 range we are going up against a 3300+ rating alliance for our last war which will determine platinum 2 or 3. A whole season of grinding for it to come down to the last war which is basically a death match. Only 5 groups have a 3300+ rating in this entire game. This no longer came down to us but rather a terrible match making system. We're obviously going to try our best but if whoever we play decides to win, they will simple as that.

Why is this bad?
1) Well for us it's obvious. We need a win to stay platinum 2 and unless 30 meteors hit all of these guys houses we'll lose.
2) If they decided to lose for whatever reason (maybe the -114 will give them easier matches for next season) that would be unfair to everybody below us that are chasing us for our spot in platinum 2.
3) If whoever we are facing needs this win to get into top 3 that would be unfair to the top 3rd spot (since 1 and 2 seem to be locked in) they would be kicking out because they got an incredibly favorable match-up.

Comments

• GabbrosGabbros Posts: 157
    edited June 2018
    Did you guys search late?

Only reason you would get this type of matching is if you searched late and all or most in ur rating range found a match already.

At least you found a match. My alliance in season1 missed our searches despite searching for 2.5hours. End of season1, kabam changed how search works and now it is a lot faster to find a match. So.....my assumption should b correct that you guys delayed search.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    good luck
  • GreywardenGreywarden Posts: 843 ★★★★
    Gabbros wrote: »

Same time we always search. War before this one took a while as well but was only 20 minutes.
    edited June 2018
    Greywarden wrote: »

Same time we always search. War before this one took a while as well but was only 20 minutes.
    Doesnt answer my question. U didnt try to search as soon as possible whenever search was available right? Mayb u searched late on ur 1st or 2nd war. There is a risk of not finding a match or less likely to find a balanced match during the last 3 hours before search gets disabled.

Doesnt answer my question. U didnt try to search as soon as possible whenever search was available right? Mayb u searched late on ur 1st or 2nd war. There is a risk of not finding a match or less likely to find a balanced match during the last 3 hours before search gets disabled.

I see what you're saying but we've been searching between 7-8 every reset this whole season as that's the time that works best for most of our group and have never had a match like this. I know we probably aren't the only ones that something like this has happened to but I can't imagine anybody has had a +/- as severe as what I posted.
    edited June 2018
    @Greywarden

You are in tier2. Im sure ur opponent is in tier1.

Tier2 alliances rarely get mached vs tier1. The tier1 ally probably didnt have anyone in tier1 searching at the time, so search prob tried to match them with the alternative option - you guys or others in tier2.

Sucks for you. Next time search bit sooner. Since its end of season, people probably tried to make sure they match searching earlier maybe.
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    30 Meteors. Lmao. Comments are supposed to be constructive and all Looool but I just couldn't help it.

30 Meteors. Dead. :D:D:D:D

@Greywarden

You are in tier2. Im sure ur opponent is in tier1.

Tier2 alliances rarely get mached vs tier1. The tier1 ally probably didnt have anyone in tier1 searching at the time, so search prob tried to match them with the alternative option - you guys or others in tier2.

Sucks for you. Next time search bit sooner. Since its end of season, people probably tried to make sure they match searching earlier maybe.

I understand that much of it, just sucks that it all came down to this last war which we have no control over. Searching earlier isn't really much of an option due to timezone. We should be able to stick to the same search schedule and not hold our breath hoping we don't get matched up against a top 5.

A top 5....cmon man the top 5 don't even match against the top 5
    edited June 2018
    Defnitely sucks. I see u guys r end of plat2 ranking.

I never understood why kabam always had to have weekly downtime for wars and weekly maintenance. Rlly limits things.
  • ezmoneyezmoney Posts: 208
    Unit buying time.... good luck!
  • DaleManguDaleMangu Posts: 48
    WTF alli?
    I'm sure nobody from Kabam will actually reply to this post. They may actually even take it down.

I'm sure if whoever we are playing needs this win to go top 3 that whoever they are replacing will be pretty pissed and their post will probably go answered.
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    One of your alliance mates already posted about this.
    Maidril wrote: »
    One of your alliance mates already posted about this.

didn't realize that until a few minutes ago :/
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    Sorry to hear! Do your best!!! You can do it!!! Just believe!!!

Maybe if you perform well enough, the opponent would be pressured, somehow all your cost in the entire season gets reimbursed or more...

Oh excuse me, don’t mind my rambling!
    appreciate that!
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    All the best, may your season 2 great works and efforts be handsomely rewarded!
  • ill_ill_ Posts: 60
    did you guys collude with MMXIV to get this "unfair matchup"? Extremely unlucky for you guys to pull a Top 3 alliance on the last day of war.
  • battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★
    edited June 2018
    theres lots of videos with who they place in wars in older wars vs other alliances on youtube. maybe you will have the upper hand in scouting. they dont have any game film to review on you :)

Also a denial of service attack on a couple key guys may knock out their whole offense ;)
    ill_ wrote: »
    did you guys collude with MMXIV to get this "unfair matchup"? Extremely unlucky for you guys to pull a Top 3 alliance on the last day of war.

absolutely not, this match-up is terrible for us. We need this win to stay in platinum 2....

Like I mentioned before, the top 5 don;t even play each other but somehow we have to?
  • ill_ill_ Posts: 60

absolutely not, this match-up is terrible for us. We need this win to stay in platinum 2....

Like I mentioned before, the top 5 don;t even play each other but somehow we have to?

MMX knows when alliances start their matchmaking, and avoid who they want... they probably knew what time you search since you said its the same everyday...

MMX knows when alliances start their matchmaking, and avoid who they want... they probably knew what time you search since you said its the same everyday...
    Why would they only match them now and not before? Why would they have 3-4 losses this season?

U need to be more constructive with ur reasonings.
  • MurdastangMurdastang Posts: 27
    It took us over 1 hour to find a match how tf would we know we would get this match up. We want to stay in p2. Why would we want to challenge these guys and Jump back to p3 @ill_
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    no, MMXIV prob waited for the other big fish to be matched before starting theirs and rather than go unmatched kabam has a fail safe in the code just for them to place them with the next highest even if its 500-700 points lower.

There is no way they were looking to get this specific matchup
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★

I see what you're saying but we've been searching between 7-8 every reset this whole season as that's the time that works best for most of our group and have never had a match like this. I know we probably aren't the only ones that something like this has happened to but I can't imagine anybody has had a +/- as severe as what I posted.

That’s extremely late
    Run477 wrote: »

That’s extremely late

Not every alliance can start search at 3pm EST.....people have jobs, lives and for us this time frame works the best for everybody.
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★
    It doesn’t matter what time either of these groups searched for a match, the system should have safe-guards to prevent this type of thing from happening
    edited June 2018
    MattMan wrote: »
    It doesn’t matter what time either of these groups searched for a match, the system should have safe-guards to prevent this type of thing from happening
    Time definitely matters since this would never happen if there were others searching at same tier.

A match is better than no match.