**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Morningstar dash back is too short [More Info Needed]

BirdofpreyBirdofprey Posts: 66
edited December 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Can we get the development team to please look into the short dash back of Morningstar. It is really frustrating playing with her. It is exactly like Dr Voodoo used to be before they fixed him. Thank you!
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey @Birdofprey. We've done some testing with this, and Morningstar's back dash doesn't appear to be shortened. However, if you have any videos showing this issue, please post them and let me also know your device and OS version. Thanks so much!
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    I think MS is so large, taking up a lot of screen space, that she appears to have a short dash back because she does not cover her complete footprint like most other champions. This has not caused my dashes to fail in any way so I can’t say it’s short, just that it appears to be.
  • I will see about posting some videos. I find fighting Venom and champs that jump forward on the special attack particularly difficult with her. I don't seem to have that same issue with other champs.
    Thank you for looking into this though. Much appreciated
  • IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
    don't have any evidence of this other than 2 years of anecdotal evidence but I REALLY feel like the OP is right. EVERY other character feels about the same including Rhino, Juggernaut, Dormammu, Venom (I don't have Sentinel) so I don't think it's an issue of size. But when I play Morningstar she feels so incredibly clunky and slow. When I try to dash back to evade an attack it seems like I have to dash twice sometimes to avoid an attack any other champ could just dash back once with, and very often I get caught by attacks that I don't get caught by normally. Like.. just a few seconds ago I was playing Hood, I dashed back once and he launched in to a heavy attack and got me. I don't think that should have happened. His heavy doesn't extend that far. By morningstar's "dash" back is more like a tiny little hop back.
    I'm playing on a Samsung Galaxy S7.
    Is there a more up-to-date thread on this or is the official Kabam position that her dash is the same length as everyone else's? Because I look on reddit and see post after post after post from players that use her confirming that her dash back is very short. So I don't think we're just imagining things.

If it's supposed to be the same as everyone else I think there is indeed a bug.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    I have brought this up before. Her backdash is shorter than any other champ in the game. It’s particualrly noticeable when an attacker is charging. She will take a hit from the charging character’s second hit whereas most champs, the attacker doesn’t even swing a second time bc you are far enough away. And if they do, the character evades the second swipe where as Morningstar takes a hit numerous times.

Absent this major flaw, she’s a pretty good character.
    I play on an iPhone 6. It’s not the phone, it’s the character
  • AngelicsignAngelicsign Posts: 391 ★★
    edited June 2018
    Morningstar hopping, this movement itself is the issue, it also applies to thor ragnarok too. The backward hopping make those charaters lame. Whoever that don’t agree with me, try to use morningstar to fight she hulk, both are same size... but when both doing dash back, u realized she hulk immediately become amazing!

I urge Kabam to nerf she hulk movement - the dash back... is too fast! I don’t want to take it for granted. That is an exploit if i keep using she hulk like that!
    @Ivanka is 100% correct on this. And, if you modify mystic dispersion the way you are discussing, she will be worthless for defense. So fixing this should be an even higher priority.
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
  • SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    This issue shows up much more when fighting champs with longer reaching basic attacks like Venom, Dorm, Medusa, etc.

Fighting Medusa is painful because if she attacks into you, you're forced to dodge back at least 3-4 times which can cause you in a corner fast and same with Venom. I have her as a 4/55 champ and REALLY enjoy her overall but this one part of her I find to be VERY annoying and when fighting with her I tend to set my mind to just dodging back twice normally vs ANY champ to be safe. It's her only flaw as a champ honestly.

I'll post some vids later as proof cuz I'm at work right now and using the PC to comment is easier than making a vid on my phone.
    edited June 2018
    Any updates on this? Fighting yellow jacket in aq today. Did same evades as I do with all other champs (4 hit combo then backup for space before the evade). Morningstar gets clipped
  • AcidskieAcidskie Posts: 31
    I posted the following in October of last year......

I opened a ticket with Kabam to review the following, but I though I would also post it here in case the community has additional feedback they can provide.

Who were you using? MORNING STAR

Who were you up against? ALL OPPONENTS (Tech syms, science syms, Iron man, etc...)

Was this in a Quest, Arena, or Alliance Quest/War? ALL CONTENT (I used her in the current Heroic/Master Event, I'm using her in AQ currently, and I used her for the current Challenge content. I had these issues in all three/four of them. I have not used her for AW attack phase however)

If this was in a Quest or Alliance Quest/War, were there any Node Buffs involved? If so, which ones? ALL NODES (I currently run lane 3 in AQ section one and lane 1 in section three)

How long does the issue persist? IT IS A CONSTANT (I've observed this behavior in all content and against all opponents)

What happens after the issue occurs? SINGLE EVADE DASH: AI attacks differently than against other heroes due to a continued proximity. MULTI-EVADE DASH: This affects the timing when attempting to evade multiple attacks in a row or a multi-part special. SPECIAL 3: When exiting the cut scene, the AI attacks immediately the majority of the time due to the close proximity. The lack of time between the exit of the cut scene and the attack interferes with the ability to time a block to effect a Parry.

What device were you using? IPHONE 6 S PLUS

What OS version were you using? IOS 11.0.3

What version of the game were you using? CURRENT VERSION. (There are no updates for the game in the apple store. If there is a way to tell specifically, please let me know and I'll be happy to provide this information.)
  • MkdemariaMkdemaria Posts: 119
    It's not the distance with M* that is the issue @Wolfe , it is your timing. Wait longer until you dash back and you will be able to avoid incoming attacks.
  • MkdemariaMkdemaria Posts: 119
    Just subbed on YouTube @Wolfe
  • AcidskieAcidskie Posts: 31
    @Kabam Wolf I have two videos that I think will clearly show the issue with her shallow evade and the double and triple attacks her continued close proximity generates. They are with two different female mystic champs, against the same opponent (member of my alliance).

How do I upload those to this site? When I try directly from my iPhone or my chromebook, the only files I can upload are pictures. Even though when I browse the phone, the video files are there.
  • KarinshiKarinshi Posts: 280 ★★
    simply way to test it is to fight Cable > bait his heavy> dash back once :
    - if it's normal distance, you won't get clipped by it
    - if it's shorter distance, you will get clipped by it

short evade champs : Rogue, Mordo, Morningstar and Thor Ragnarök.
    this is on top of my head, I can't remember if there is anyone else
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    Voodoo and AA still suffer from this. U want proof? Cable's heavy.

Other champs can jump back once to avoid it, floating champs cannot.