**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Assassing Assignments - Are you bothering?

rtilghmanrtilghman Posts: 37
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
I'm by no means in the top tier of players right now, having stepped away from my top 50 alliance and playing MCOC recreationally. However, I was wondering, are any top tier players actually bothering with this latest ad hoc quest?

As near as I could tell after running like 5-6 of them:
- The primary output is xforce crystal shards... for a CHANCE at a 4*! It's basically an amped up premium crystal.
- The only other rewards are a few t4cc shards (1 shard crystal) and ~150 5/4/3 star shards

I guess if you're in an alliance you also get an increased chance of the alliance assignments, but are those worth the time to run through all the levels of AA? I mean, what is the chance for those similarly middling rewards?

Seriously, I'm not trolling, I'm just wondering if anyone else with 25+ 5*s and a few 6*s on their roster feels like this is a complete waste of energy and time or if there's something I'm missing?

-Dante

Comments

• MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    I’m not. I did a couple when I was close to another 4* or 5*. But overall it’s a waste for me. Still need to 100% 5.4, so energy is more useful there.
  • Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    i am. getting the 150 5* shards is worth it. Also, if a Merc mission comes out of someone doing it, then it's another 100 5* for 4 energy.
  • Nggy85Nggy85 Posts: 26
    I'm doing until I get that 2* bishop
  • FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    Nah. I did for the first day or two, but 13 energy or whatever is too much, and mainly the number of fights is just tedious. I do the merc missions if they come up because they're just two fights, but I don't think my alliance is bothering with this event much because we've only found a few.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    No. I dont have the time
  • DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 401 ★★
    I decided to tie in a giveaway on my YT channel as a way of motivating myself to do these haha. Overall it’s such a grind and the rewards aren’t worth it for the time invested, but still trying to do them as often as I can...when I’m actually awake of course!
  • GabbrosGabbros Posts: 157
    **** rewards for my time
  • GruftyGrufty Posts: 186
    I've done most of them but the rewards aren't very good compared to previous events.

I also hate the RNG merc event, I'm still yet to activate a merc mission. Events should not be based on rng...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    I've done a few. I've been working, so I haven't rushed to catch every one. It was nice to take my time for a month. Just filling in Shards when one is up, and I'm on, was easy. Except for Domino. Can't be bothered with her as Boss. Lol.
  • GivMeABeerGivMeABeer Posts: 200 ★★
    Not really, every now/then I will but it's just too much of a time sink to do them. Waste of a monthly event imo, would have rather just not had anything this month. Just seems like they cheeped out this month but wanted to make it look like it was something new. Hopefully they have something better for next month.
  • Friendly_UserFriendly_User Posts: 121
    Lol no
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    If I have the time and willingness I do them. If not, oh well.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 777 ★★★
    I think they’re a waste of time and 13-15 fights is too much. Who thought sticking ambushes in there just to add another fight was a good idea?

That said, I’m running as many as I can. I’m pushing hard to get 5* because out of 32 I only have 2 r4 and the rest either need dupes or are meh or trash.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    I am more now that I have done the quests, I now have the energy to spare
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Not really only when I'm close to getting a crystal then I play, it's a boring chore that doesn't pay off like the other prior stuff they did besides the dungeons more like the lab or trail.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    This is a rhetorical question right?
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    Didn't even bother starting after day 1 it sucks and takes lots of energy to complete
  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 643 ★★★
    In these events I'd usually do every difficulty (if allowed) But this one kinda sucks.. I'm doing master difficulty if I'm awake, logged on and have the energy when it's running.. But I'm not losing sleep or intentionally logging on for it, the rewards just aren't worth the effort :neutral:
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I stopped doung those. Not worth my time
  • ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 555 ★★★
    I did one or two, then stopped. Not at all worth it.
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    I still do them whenever I see they're there, got a few 4*s from the X crystals.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    If one is available when I'm on, I'll explore the Master difficulty for the 5* shards, but I won't go out of my way to hit one during work/sleep hours.
  • Snail_McGavinSnail_McGavin Posts: 105
    I’ve done a few when the timing is right. IMO the whole rat race of this game feels so daunting lately...
  • Friendly_UserFriendly_User Posts: 121
    Assassing

Lol just noticed this.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    allinashes wrote: »
    I think they’re a waste of time and 13-15 fights is too much. Who thought sticking ambushes in there just to add another fight was a good idea?

That said, I’m running as many as I can. I’m pushing hard to get 5* because out of 32 I only have 2 r4 and the rest either need dupes or are meh or trash.

I was up against the clock and was gong to finish the master one in the final minute and got nailed with an ambush right before the boss. Didn't end up finishing. Was a bit peeved.