**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Nothing Being Done to Fix AW Cheating?

WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
Cheating is unacceptable, period. It not only encourages despicable behavior, but creates a terrible environment for the players who are playing fairly. I believe that because this specific case of cheating in AW directly effects many of us who would like to be in higher tiers of AW, the team at Kabam needs to be open with us about what they are doing to prevent this.
The big problem I have is that alliances are being knocked out of AW tiers because the high tier alliances are purposely manipulating the system. And all of this happens with no word from Kabam. To us, the community, it looks like nothing is being done and that these alliances are not being punished. Now we are on the last day of the season, and the big time cheaters are getting rewarded for their big time cheating?!? How is this fair?
We DESERVE to know what is going on, because we are being directly effected by this rampant cheating. I don't think that it is too much to ask for an explanation on what is being done to prevent us from suffering in this AW and the future seasons of AW. Also from our perspective, a lot of times it is hard to piece together what exactly is going on due to many different sources and evidences. If perhaps Kabam Mike or Ad0ra could post a deatailed explanation of what exactly has been going on and what they have done to prevent it now and in the future it would help to clear up some confusion and mistrust that is currently all over Reddit and the forums.
Essentially I think that taking the time to give us an in depth explanation on the topics listed above would go a long ways in clearing up much of the gossip and slander that is currently happening. And it would be a huge step in bettering communication between the players and Kabam.

Let's keep this thread on topic guys. I think we would all really like this to reach the ears of someone at Kabam.

Comments

• Options
    ClintBeastwoodClintBeastwood Posts: 78
    Id be curious as to who is the highest alliance on the season leader board who has placed there based on pure skill alone and nothing else (I.E. no war chat rooms colluding on when to hit the start button, no people who changed their IGNs to a bunch of Ls, no 2 star war alliances, nobody committing full blown fraud, etc.). Take a quick glance at the top 10 and almost all of them stand out for something. Although I dont consider all of the above cheating (clearly changing IGNs to Ls and committing unit fraud are not even remotely close to being on the same playing field), I am curious as to which alliance is the first place alliance that has literally done none of the above and made it this high based on skill and placement alone.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Id be curious as to who is the highest alliance on the season leader board who has placed there based on pure skill alone and nothing else (I.E. no war chat rooms colluding on when to hit the start button, no people who changed their IGNs to a bunch of Ls, no 2 star war alliances, nobody committing full blown fraud, etc.). Take a quick glance at the top 10 and almost all of them stand out for something. Although I dont consider all of the above cheating (clearly changing IGNs to Ls and committing unit fraud are not even remotely close to being on the same playing field), I am curious as to which alliance is the first place alliance that has literally done none of the above and made it this high based on skill and placement alone.

Yeah, definitely would be interesting to see. I'm curious if everyone in master is involved in some form of cheating. I imagine if you didn't cheat it would be very hard to remain on top.
  • Options
    ill_ill_ Posts: 60
    If Kabam was going to punish the 3rd place team for all the cheating they have done this season, it would have happened already. The season ends TODAY, and they are willingly allowing them to get top 3 rewards without actually earning it. They likely threatened to boycott the game if they don't receive top 3 rewards... and that hurts revenue since this alliance funds the game for the rest of us.

On the flip side, it would be hilarious if Kabam decided to punish them today as the season ends, and a more deserving alliance gets bumped up to top 3.
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    There won't be anything done this season. These things take time to investigate, interpret, form an action plan, and implement.

Account sharing / piloting is a perfect example. It was rampant in season 1 with no punishments handed out. In season 2, however, Kabam has punished hundreds of alliances for this.

So we should just be patient. AW seasons are still a new thing, and kabam needs to work out the details.

Usually the worst course of action is to do something reactive and impulsive. That typically leads to other unintended complications.
  • Options
    ezmoneyezmoney Posts: 208
    they need to with hold all rewards until investigations are done. If they really want to put our minds at ease... this would be the proper course of action.
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    There has been a lot done towards AW fairplay, every week there are alliances punished. Punishments don't come until the Wednesday right before matchmaking (except in 1 case where it happened during the week) and given how this war we're in is the last season war, expect punishments (if there are any to give) to come before season rewards are distributed. There is not as much "cheating" going on as you think, the screenshots from last week seemed to have riled everyone up. But in truth those only affect 1-3 alliances at most and even with punishment they'll still safely fall in masters.
  • Options
    ezmoneyezmoney Posts: 208
    There has been a lot done towards AW fairplay, every week there are alliances punished. Punishments don't come until the Wednesday right before matchmaking (except in 1 case where it happened during the week) and given how this war we're in is the last season war, expect punishments (if there are any to give) to come before season rewards are distributed. There is not as much "cheating" going on as you think, the screenshots from last week seemed to have riled everyone up. But in truth those only affect 1-3 alliances at most and even with punishment they'll still safely fall in masters.

the "punishments" don't do a thing. and it affects every alliance they're cost points by cheating. Multiply all the cheating alliances by their opponents and then add all the opponents they got an easy win for because of the drop in points. They've affected plenty.
  • Options
    RonildasRonildas Posts: 63
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    There won't be anything done this season. These things take time to investigate, interpret, form an action plan, and implement.

Account sharing / piloting is a perfect example. It was rampant in season 1 with no punishments handed out. In season 2, however, Kabam has punished hundreds of alliances for this.

So we should just be patient. AW seasons are still a new thing, and kabam needs to work out the details.

Usually the worst course of action is to do something reactive and impulsive. That typically leads to other unintended complications.

Honestly, account sharing/piloting became a lesser problem. What @Werewrym said, about the communication, is one of the biggest flaws in every online gaming.

When problems happens, the developers close theirselves in a shell, while thousands of players are waiting to hear about.

For example, last month with the dungeons, every game crash had a post from someone from Kabam saying "the issue is being investigated". After the game was back up, we never got any kind of explanation. This happened the whole month.

Now, we clearly want to know things and they say they won't talk about specific players or alliances. Guess what, they don't need. We want to know:

- Higher cheating alliances will receive prizes or will be punished before the season ends (Don't need to point names, just give us the answer)

- Cheating players, colluding and manipulating the system, and fraud unit ones, will be PERMANENTLY BANNED? (Don't need to say name, give us a yes/no and a date)

Those answers are a form of respect to consumers. I spent over 500 dollars this year, all with real hard-earned money and honest deals from inside of the game. People spent the same amount to get 10 times what I got? This isn't fair.

We want respect, not only from cheaters, from MMXIV, but mainly from Kabam Team.
This discussion has been closed.