**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Modok NOT working as intended

StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
I was fighting Modok a lot lately. Can you guess why?
Anyway, I wanted an answer about how is it possible that he can do 4 seriously BS things like:
1. In the middle of MY combo he just recovers and hits me with a special and kills me cause you know 5500 attack.
2. After getting hit by the first part of my special he recovers and autoblocks the rest of my special and kills me cause you know 5500 attack!
3. He can also autoblock after a 5 hit combo or 4 hit combo or any number of combo which makes it practically impossible to get in a special on him.
4. His autoblock is like 90% of the time!!! SERIOUSLY???

And it's not like his autoblock is fun and interactive cause there is no way around it except to use a useless champ like Karnak!
Medusa's autoblock and even IMIW's is not fun but definitely interactive cause there are a lot of counters for them like nullifiers, armor breakers, wait till the buffs expire or even counter heavy their heavy. With Modok you can't even counter his heavy cause he just farts at you and gets away!

So is this what's called a fair enemy? Because for me he's the real boss of uncollected!
I need an answer if this is indeed intended this behavior.

Comments

• JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    Parry/Heavy. Combos don’t work on him in my experience.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    If he has a blue shield up, he can autoblock. To remove it, hit him with a heavy attack. Back to a normal fight again.

If you don't want to remove it, only use a 2-hit combo then back off.

I've found fighting him as if he's a crazy evader like OG Spidey or NC has helped a ton.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    Whenever he has his auto block up, hit him once to use it up, then you have some time before it comes back. Parry, hit, parry combo, repeat. Always use it up before you try a special, and always bait his specials before you try to hit him, as he can autoblock into an instant special because apparently autoblock does not follow the normal block-stun timing. He can also autoblock and immediately dash back and back in. I have not seen him autoblock and immediately attack back with normal attacks.
    Or parry, heavy, as mentioned above. On some nodes, it is the only way to remove the autoblock charge. Ability reducers can work, but aren’t 100% unless you get AA to a few stacks of neuro. He is generally your best bet vs MODOK, since parry heavy is a way of life for him.
    ^^^ AA destroys Modok.
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    ^^^ AA destroys Modok.

Assuming parry works and no lag.
    For me getting the combo of the 2 is not easy.
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    I've made multiple posts about this, auto-block in general is a pretty funky mechanic. Modok is able to do whatever he wants after the two auto-blocked hits; he could turn into a regular block, dash out of your combo, throw a special, or just hit you in the middle of your combo. My strategy for fighting him is to get rid of the force field charge first. Get another combo in. On the next combo, I won't do a combo finisher. Always bait the sp1 as it is similar to yj in that you may get tagged if you are not careful
    Strategic wrote: »
    ^^^ AA destroys Modok.

Two words: Heavy intercept
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    ^^^ AA destroys Modok.

Two words: Heavy intercept

Heavy understood.
    Intercept? How can you intercept if he autoblocks literally everything?!
    edited June 2018
    He cannot block a heavy attack unless he has Stand Your Ground Mastery. Even then, it's a 50% chance (at best).

If Modok is on a stun-immune node, intercept his attack with your heavy. This allows AA to stack his bleeds. It's a very similar tactic to how we're beating Infinity War Iron Man.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    There are champs that normal parry then 5 hit combo does not always work on. It’s not anything game breaking. There is nothing wrong with having to change your standard fighting style for specific champs
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Killmonger absolutely wrecks Modok. I used my 4* on the uncollected one. So it's just not Karnak. Lots of people use blade with danger sense active. That said he is a pain with regular champs. I'll use Iceman quite a bit because a mistake doesn't kill you. Good luck.
    If you hit into him with his force-field active, it will work 100% of the time. The 10% of the time it "doesn't work" is the small window between when it's been used and when it regenerates.

This really is no different than someone like BPCW. You know you can't stun him when he has an active armor buff, so you fight around it.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Just be happy autoblock doesn’t parry you
  • I've sent Kabam videos of MODOK doing things that he shouldn't: hitting his block (no shield up) and he just bounces away and either evades back or counters and hits you. Breaking combos (again no shield up) and even retaliating with a special in the middle of my special which should be impossible for any champ to do.
    They say they're lookin into it.
    He's bugged.
    Always was
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    I was fighting Modok a lot lately. Can you guess why?
    Anyway, I wanted an answer about how is it possible that he can do 4 seriously BS things like:
    1. In the middle of MY combo he just recovers and hits me with a special and kills me cause you know 5500 attack.

He can only do that when he autoblocks, either that or you were too slow with the combo. Keep in mind that some champs are bugged like Voodoo SP2 and they can sometimes block after a 5 hit combo to Special.
    2. After getting hit by the first part of my special he recovers and autoblocks the rest of my special and kills me cause you know 5500 attack!

What champ were you using? He can do that if it's a multihitting special and he gains his autoblock charge during the special. All autoblock champs can do this.
    3. He can also autoblock after a 5 hit combo or 4 hit combo or any number of combo which makes it practically impossible to get in a special on him.

Hit away his autoblock and then you have 7 seconds to do your combo until he regains his autoblock shield again. If you take too long, then yea, if he gets his autoblock shield he can just autoblock. I'll advise to not use a 5 hit combo on Modok. It's too risky.
    4. His autoblock is like 90% of the time!!! SERIOUSLY???

It's actually 100% if he gets his Force field. His force field regenerates every 7 seconds.
  • _eVerBLaCK__eVerBLaCK_ Posts: 51
    Blade with Holy trinity team ... piece of cake

Stun him , bleed him ,hit 4 hits only , evade his sp1

Back & repeat ...

so easy
  • Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    He was the premier defender, and still a good one, until danger sense synergy came into play. This is a good counter along with true strike. You have to learn your way around it even with those counters. AW will change. You will have a hard time running an entire path with certain synergies as more champs come out. Forcing back up to come in for the specific counter like your seeing now with IW Ironman. It’s not bad when it works. When Modok was triggering parry off his autoblock/forcefiels- that was cash grab ****. At least it was fixed. Mine was double digit kills in AW before hand. Maybe 0-4 now depending. Not like anything is true or accurate in AW anyway. Good luck to you OP.
  • GabbrosGabbros Posts: 157
    edited June 2018
    He got nerfed a lot. He was fine with his block and parry. People had to cry about it. Too easy now