**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

When does Season 3 start?

124»

Comments

• THX135THX135 Posts: 83
    Kabam, we really only taking a 2 week break between AW seasons?

The cheating and piloting methods are still being used and Kabam has not figured out a way to detect these new methods. There are known methods to reveal defense placement and piloting that cannot be detected by Kabam. Yet Kabam pushes on to season 3 with a short 2 week break?
  • Marzipan87Marzipan87 Posts: 44
    2 weeks seems to be fair,
    4 weeks is way too long!
    But i would prefer 6 week season 2 weeks off
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    3 weeks off, 4 weeks on seems reasonable
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 777 ★★★
    LOL, war season during summer. Alllies will have a very hard time kicking inactive players.
  • Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    Push that date way back. Everyone had about enough as is. No need to reapply the cause.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    How about eliminating seasons all together. This system just have made cheating rampant and blatanly disgusting.
  • Davechou7Davechou7 Posts: 3
    Its not seasons that made cheating rampant. Its the season rewards that drive people to cheat.

AW rewards is the only place in any mode that allows the massive amount of rank up resources people need to rank up 5 & 6 star champs.

If Kabam lowered rewards in AW and updated AQ with similar rewards cheating would be less rampant.
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    Davechou7 wrote: »
    Its not seasons that made cheating rampant. Its the season rewards that drive people to cheat.

AW rewards is the only place in any mode that allows the massive amount of rank up resources people need to rank up 5 & 6 star champs.

If Kabam lowered rewards in AW and updated AQ with similar rewards cheating would be less rampant.

I agree in part. But rather than lower rewards in absolute terms, I believe that parcelling it down in smaller packages, with shorter seasons, would achieve pretty much the same objective. Shorter seasons is something others have been advocating for, and makes tons of sense. For starters, it will reduce the stress on each and every alliance, and in turn leadership and members. Think of something like AQ - each 'competition' is 5 days long; if something goes wrong, or you miss the target, so be it, you try again next week. For AW seasons, the 2 month period is insane. You have to play at a top level for 24 wars in a row, and the pressure comes from the fact that if you screw up just 1 time too many, you could be missing out on some massive rewards. Now if those rewards were parcelled down to half their sizes and seasons cut down to 1 month for instance, then you get closer to the AQ mentality whereby alliances feel less stress and think "ok that was a mess up this month, we'll do better next month".

All this pressure on players is an extremely short sighted move by Kabam's part to squeeze value out of their current player base. I humbly and respectfully urge the game team to listen to the community. Preserve the community you have now, reduce the stress and pressure on players and leadership alike. You'll still get the spending in AW if you just cut down the seasons length. Something like the length of season 3 should be possible to be changed with effect right now!
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    How about eliminating seasons all together. This system just have made cheating rampant and blatanly disgusting.
    It’s not often I agree with you, but unless kabam have a serious revamp of seasons they shouldn’t continue.
  • ASV27ASV27 Posts: 91
    edited June 2018
    Cut the season down to 2 weeks. Drop the rewards by 75% to reflect that and balance them so each tier down isn't as game changing.

Just look at AQ, move up a tier is like ~200 more glory and maybe an extra glory crystal. No one feels the need to freak out to get the next tier or kick half the alliance if you drop a tier.
  • DJRipsterDJRipster Posts: 169
    edited June 2018
    Wish you guys gave us a little more room to breath between Seasons... The game is so packed as it is, us players need to find time to enjoy the game
  • ArielloPLArielloPL Posts: 13
    Only 2 weeks break? Are you kidding me?
  • superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    I get it, 2 weeks is short and all but why is everyone so surprised?

It was only a month last time and Kabam had said that the last break was going to be longer than the usual break between seasons.

Who cares if the game is broken, if people are cheating and taking advantage of the system? Kabam has to make that money and Crystal Opening Whale alone isn't going to keep the lights on (okay, maybe so.)

Bugged champs, lags a plenty, poor decisions? Sounds like business as usual to me.

And the saddest thing is we'll all continue to eat it up and pander to the Kabam overlords.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    If you don't like AW, don't participate in it. I am in a chill alliance that runs 2 BGs in AW. We win some, we lose some. At the end of the day it's just a game people. Relax a little bit and enjoy your life outside the game. You can't stop all the cheaters out there.
  • BeeefsupremeBeeefsupreme Posts: 11
    2 weeks is more than enough. The longer the wait, the longer it is to get those season3 end rewards. Damn, must we complain about every damn thing??
    Cutting it down to 1 week would better, and make the cutoff sooner too. Give alliance jumpers less time to screw people over
    If its too hard, and u cant deal then step aside son. its just the weak minded that cant hack it. Bring season3 on!
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    When do we get the Season 2 rewards? :D
  • Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    Ankalagonn wrote: »
    When do we get the Season 2 rewards? :D

Next year
  • AngelicsignAngelicsign Posts: 391 ★★
    Hey All,

We'll have more information for you all very soon, but I can confirm that Season 3 of Alliance Wars will kick off on July 11th.

So after all this discussion, so no changes on July 11th or?