**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Blade vs Magik

taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
Danger sense reduces ability accuracy. Therefore, Blade reduces the chance of limbo from triggering. However, if Magik does trigger limbo (the purple timer icon pops up), Blade has a chance to not take energy damage, and Magik has a chance to not heal after limbo expires. Why don't other ability accuracy reducers do this? Maybe I haven't done enough testing, but if someone like Elektra reduces Magik's ability accuracy, but limbo still triggers, Elektra is guaranteed to take damage, and Magik will heal any damage taken. I have yet to see an instance where an ability accuracy reducer fought Magik, triggered limbo, but did not take damage, and Magik didn't heal. Yet, Blade is able to do this. Is his ability accuracy modification different somehow?

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,762 ★★★★★
    I had that happen before just with the pacify mastery. It should work with champions also, I guess ... Unless something is wrong
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,013 ★★★★★
    taojay1 wrote: »
    Danger sense reduces ability accuracy. Therefore, Blade reduces the chance of limbo from triggering. However, if Magik does trigger limbo (the purple timer icon pops up), Blade has a chance to not take energy damage, and Magik has a chance to not heal after limbo expires. Why don't other ability accuracy reducers do this? Maybe I haven't done enough testing, but if someone like Elektra reduces Magik's ability accuracy, but limbo still triggers, Elektra is guaranteed to take damage, and Magik will heal any damage taken. I have yet to see an instance where an ability accuracy reducer fought Magik, triggered limbo, but did not take damage, and Magik didn't heal. Yet, Blade is able to do this. Is his ability accuracy modification different somehow?

It ignores dimentional beings immunities. Since hers is passive, he can ignore the damage taken. At least that's the way I interpret it
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    taojay1 wrote: »

Elektra debuffs defensive ability accuracy. Blade's danger sense reduces (all) ability accuracy. If Limbo is a defensive ability but the damage Limbo triggers is not a defensive ability, then Elektra would be able to reduce the chance of Limbo being triggered, but if Limbo does trigger Elektra would not be able to reduce the chance for the damage to take effect.

The term "defensive ability" when it comes to defensive ability accuracy is something that no one has figured out the precise definition of, but things that seem to be "defensive" in nature aren't always classified by the game as a defensive ability for the purposes of defensive ability accuracy reduction. I haven't done the experiment to reference above, but it is possible the Limbo heal isn't a defensive ability trigger, and thus unaffected by defensive ability accuracy reduction.
  • JZ734JZ734 Posts: 95
    Defensive abilities would strictly apply to abilities triggered when attacked, i.e. Spidey' evade and Ultron's regen. Magik's limbo is actually both offensive and defensive since it can be triggered by either party.

DNA3000 is correct though, when attacking with elektra limbo is treated as a defensive ability when a power bar is filled, but only for its activation, because that's when you're attacking. The ability for limbo to deal damage and heal is not reliant on your attacks so elektra can't stop that. A way to test if those are treated as offense would be to use civil warrior since he can reduce offensive ability accuracy with his armor stacks.