**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliances that have lost AW matches to cheaters.

XoopXoop Posts: 39
Mods please respond to my post. This is a legitimate question that will affect quite a number of alliances. This season we have faced at least 3 alliances that have lost points/rating for cheating. Now this does not mean they cheated against us but there is no way to know. It did seem fishy which is why we reported them. If we were cheated, we lost a match were there was no way to win due to facing an alliance that cheated. This is costing us a TON of points over a few matches potentially. With my alliance on the edge of P2-P3 this could greatly affect the out come of the rewards we get. The cherry on top to finish the season, we are once again matched with an alliance we lost to earlier in the season (which we highly thought they were cheating us). This said alliance just recently got busted down for cheating and we have to face them again. It will be very disheartening to drop to a lower bracket due to all the potential cheating losses we took.

So my question to the mods. Will the alliances that got cheated gain any additional points towards their season score?

I will leave it on this note. I want to thank Kabam for doing their best to punish the cheaters, it's made the season much better overall.

Comments

• Archdemon_Archdemon_ Posts: 613 ★★
    They need to make the reporting of cheating easier too - just a bit of feedback!
  • MabkaZuckMabkaZuck Posts: 80
    People can wait for the season reward. Please investigate very carefully before giving it out.
  • I don’t know the gentleman at all who posted this thread but I would like to see his question answered. Thank you good sirs.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    Kabam does not go back and adjust points. Just bc you lost does not mean you would have won either
  • JuvedmJuvedm Posts: 31
    Im sorry for you and your alliance mate we been victims of cheaters too we even face the same sorry azzes twice and they had no shame to admit they cheated knowing kabam will not nothing about it
  • JuvedmJuvedm Posts: 31
    Batdude u right about tha mate
  • XoopXoop Posts: 39
    Batman05 wrote: »
    Kabam does not go back and adjust points. Just bc you lost does not mean you would have won either

Let's say someone cheated a top alliance with just the purpose of making them lose. No matter if they got caught or not. Just so the alliance wouldn't win to knock them off. How can't you go back in and adjust the points to the team who got cheated?
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    How about alliance currently ranked 20th that had several members receive temporary bans, only to allow the bans to expire just in time for the last war so they can run a full 3 bg war and allow those banned members to receive season rewards (which will likely be master rewards)? Good stuff Kabam....good stuff.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    I will add to the above....Why is this a problem?

Well because for 21/22 wars this season those members had access to unlimited units to buy boosts for every fight they might ever encounter. They then have to sit for 2-3 wars while their rating drops. But then ultimately, aren't punished AT ALL for unit fraud.
  • ezmoneyezmoney Posts: 208
    Raganator wrote: »
    I will add to the above....Why is this a problem?

Well because for 21/22 wars this season those members had access to unlimited units to buy boosts for every fight they might ever encounter. They then have to sit for 2-3 wars while their rating drops. But then ultimately, aren't punished AT ALL for unit fraud.

bingo. This is right here sums up the entire problem with weak 7 day bans. They'd rather cheat, get insane heroes, even though they know the 7 day ban may occur. Why? Because value wise... it makes much more sense to take a week off and gain loads of boosts, champs, shards... you name it. The punishment does not come close to matching the crime.
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    Nah. Kabam has never helped the alliances on the receiving end of cheaters, it would be unfair to start doing that now. I’ve lost wars to cheaters that would have impacted our rating going into season 1, player retention, and again season 2 rating.

Will they go back the past 2 years or so and make amends for each instance of this? If not, let’s stick to finding a proper punishment for cheaters and moving on.

Or let’s just give everyone not in a top 100 alliance with 2+ years in the game a free 6* crystal or two. Create more balance in the game ;).
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    I'm fairly positive we faced some cheaters/piloters. And we missed moving up a Reward Tier by 140 spots. So it was close to use getting better rewards. And yet, I still hope the season rewards pay out sooner rather than later. I need to make some roster changes in my alliance and can't ethically do that until rewards pay out to my members that are being replaced. And of course the new folks won't leave their old alliance until they get their rewards. With War search starting again tomorrow and AQ starting on Friday, it'd be very inconvenient to have rewards delayed beyond Thursday SA reset at the latest
  • AsmodeyusAsmodeyus Posts: 217
    From experience before seasons were even started. We had proof straight from customer support that when Mephisto was released, none of our points were counted for him as a defender. Again straight from support, we would have our points and rewards adjusted within 7 days. If they were not, I was to contact support again. Nothing, nadda. Week passed, and this is what I was told by support. "Oh, we aren't doing it. Somehow after we told you your alliance qualified for adjustments, we aren't going to give it to you anyway. Too bad" (Paraphrasing it). So from experience, even when you are RIGHT, they refuse to do anything about it, have in the past, continue to do it, and will continue to do it.
  • Too late guys . Nothing going to happen. Sorry for your inconvenience.
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    It would be an absolute Injustice if nothing is done to those allys that lost to allys that cheated. Delay the rewards and render fair judgment please.
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    Solrac_2 wrote: »
    It would be an absolute Injustice if nothing is done to those allys that lost to allys that cheated. Delay the rewards and render fair judgment please.

What about alliances that lost to cheating in season 1? Before aw seasons? Either give their players bountiful treasures or keep doing nothing.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Unfortunately those affected by the cheating will get nothing, we lost a couple last season due to cheating and got nothing and I doubt that's going to change.

I think they should be harsher on cheating and penalized further and rewards reduced if they did it multiple times and have a long history of doing it and points given back to the alliance that got cheated.
  • XoopXoop Posts: 39
    Unfortunately those affected by the cheating will get nothing, we lost a couple last season due to cheating and got nothing and I doubt that's going to change.

I think they should be harsher on cheating and penalized further and rewards reduced if they did it multiple times and have a long history of doing it and points given back to the alliance that got cheated.

They probably won't do anything sadly. The punishment really needs to get worst. Cheating was still pretty bad this season.
  • 0chris9999999990chris999999999 Posts: 137
    edited June 2018
    Edit: nvm
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    Unfortunately this game has become the Marvel contest of cheaters.