**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Unstoppable needs to be removed from the Chaos Node.

EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
This is an unfair design that disrupts the flow of combat and punishes the player more than the AI. When this occurs for the AI, the player wastes a Special Attack, as the AI immediately blocks the Special, limiting the damage done, while also being able to immediately attack the player, almost always resulting in a KO against the player.

Years ago, Juggernaut used to randomly go Unstoppable, sometimes even in the middle of combos being received. This was removed because Kabam openly expressed that it was broken for combat. This is a similar situation. This does not revolve around skill, or planning, or adapting, or any other sort of option that the player can counter. It only prevents the player from playing.

Comments

• Warofgods13514Warofgods13514 Posts: 202
    It isn't permanent.
  • Reevesy01Reevesy01 Posts: 79
    you know damm well it won't get removed because you not dying to **** nodes doesn't make them money.
  • TranminhbaoTranminhbao Posts: 127
    Parry consecutively till the buff burnt out, or throw your special, you'll be fine.
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    Meh, it was annoying but that was basically the only hard part of this month’s EQ.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    I don't judge "effects" as fair or unfair, I judge the totality of the content. Having a chaos node randomly pop unstoppable is annoying, but combining that with the fact that the player has some control over the chaos node (with special attacks) and the fact that the final boss of an uncollected difficulty event was Deadpool, a champion whose attacks I can dodge with one hand, I don't think the content overall was unfair at all.

Venom was far more annoying than either Deadpool *or* Domino to me.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Annoying? Yes

Unfair? Not at all.

Like mentioned above, it is easily managed.

"the flow of the fight"? You mean the part where you want to simply corner Deadpool and spam combo after combo with an intermittent special? That's the whole point of Unstoppable. You're supposed to change how you fight against that buff.
  • JZ734JZ734 Posts: 95
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Annoying? Yes

Unfair? Not at all.

"the flow of the fight"? You mean the part where you want to simply corner Deadpool and spam combo after combo with an intermittent special? That's the whole point of Unstoppable. You're supposed to change how you fight against that buff.

His issue is with the activation of unstoppable on his special use, you can't change how you fight when that happens.
    Goldpool getting unstoppable at the very beginning of the fight and on his own special use you can see coming and adapt to, when he gains it on player special you're screwed more often than not. Almost all of my deaths to goldpool were due to this, I had some terrible luck with it.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    JZ734 wrote: »
    Annoying? Yes

Unfair? Not at all.

His issue is with the activation of unstoppable on his special use, you can't change how you fight when that happens.
    Goldpool getting unstoppable at the very beginning of the fight and on his own special use you can see coming and adapt to, when he gains it on player special you're screwed more often than not. Almost all of my deaths to goldpool were due to this, I had some terrible luck with it.

Then you need to know what position your champs will potentially leave you in when you use their special attacks. If you corner Goldpool and burn a SP1, you will end up right next to him when he procs Unstoppable. Perhaps instead of just spamming your special while in the corner, dash back a couple of times to create some space, THEN use the SP1.

Or if your champ has an "up close" special attack, maybe you don't use it and save for a SP2 or SP3.

This isn't rocket science.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    A clever fix would be to prevent the same buff from applying twice in a row. That’s the most annoying part.. waiting for it to end, throwing your special only to eat it in the face when he retriggers the same buff.
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    edited June 2018
    JZ734 wrote: »
    Annoying? Yes

Unfair? Not at all.

Exactly. Thank you. I don't understand why others do not follow the issue. This isn't about Goldpool, it's about the node.

It was a problem in Dungeons as well, where this random node would make fights unbalanced, especially in situations where the potential debuffs you can gain and the buffs the opponent can gain may force a Special to be used.

If you are facing Degeneration, and your opponent gets Power Gain or Regeneration, and you quickly fire a Special attack to damage and negate their ability, giving them a buff like Unstoppable (that allows them to block the Special and to immediately attack you after the animation is over) is unfair.
  • Son_of_OdinSon_of_Odin Posts: 50
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I don't judge "effects" as fair or unfair, I judge the totality of the content. Having a chaos node randomly pop unstoppable is annoying, but combining that with the fact that the player has some control over the chaos node (with special attacks) and the fact that the final boss of an uncollected difficulty event was Deadpool, a champion whose attacks I can dodge with one hand, I don't think the content overall was unfair at all.

Venom was far more annoying than either Deadpool *or* Domino to me.

I don't mind unstoppable, but I can see where the OP is coming from. Like when GP starts the fight with unstoppable it can be extremely annoying. Can't use a special, GP has no special, and can't hit the opponent or you get KO'd. You have to wait it out, but after a while you are backed into the corner because you cannot hit him.