**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

4x MSAA and GPU Render Default or Skia

Hi! Do any of you have experience playing this game with 4x MSAA? If so, can you tell me how does the game performs under this setting enabled.
Also in the developer options you have the choice to change GPU Render from default to Skia. Have you tried it?
Thanks, just want to know what the community have to say.

Comments

• RicardobaltoRicardobalto Posts: 238
    A what?
  • AcuTarAAcuTarA Posts: 139
    For those who are confused:
    wv1owszudlod.jpg
    uqbl6yxb58s8.jpg

@AcuTarA oh... so what it does? I suppose it’s Android thing?
    I've been researching and MSAA is an antialiasing technique that supposedly improves graphic quality in games. The option in Android forces the game to run with this graphic enhancement, but at a cost of battery life and fps. So unless you are running the game with a Nvidia desktop gpu, best to keep it at default. Maybe it's worth enabling in certain games, but obviously not in this one. The other thing, the opengl gpu render option, setting it to Skia may result in decrease performance in 3D games, because it's a library that specializes in 2D graphics, in comparison to the default one that is more generalized.
    Then it is at my understand that both is bad?
    Yes xD at least for this specific game
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian
    AcuTarA wrote: »
    I've been researching and MSAA is an antialiasing technique that supposedly improves graphic quality in games. The option in Android forces the game to run with this graphic enhancement, but at a cost of battery life and fps. So unless you are running the game with a Nvidia desktop gpu, best to keep it at default. Maybe it's worth enabling in certain games, but obviously not in this one. The other thing, the opengl gpu render option, setting it to Skia may result in decrease performance in 3D games, because it's a library that specializes in 2D graphics, in comparison to the default one that is more generalized.

MSAA is a technique for anti-aliasing. Basically, when you draw lines on a graphics screen with square or rectangular pixels and those lines are not perfectly vertical or horizonal, you essentially have to draw a jagged line that staircases up or down. Those places where the line jumps up or down makes the lines look jagged. There are techniques to try to smooth out those jagged corners, and MSAA essentially tells the graphics card to find places where there are jagged lines and sort of render that spot as if the pixels were smaller, and then takes those "samples" and blurs them into the actual bigger pixels. You end up with a smoother looking line.

But it is computationally expensive, because your graphics card or chip is essentially doing way more work to recalculate all those pixel samples just to re-render a couple of pixels, multiplied by all the places on screen where those jagged spots occur.

In this game, I'm not sure you'd notice slightly less jagged lines when things are generally moving quickly on a normally small screen.
  • 0chris9999999990chris999999999 Posts: 137
    Every android device has developer settings if you touch build number in “about phone” menu of your phone six times. Some phones like xiaomi/Oppo have developer settings appear in additional settings.

Folks who root or try to disable OEM/carrier boot loader use dev settings to communicate with adb.

Almost every phone has the option you are referring to..others actually offer more. Again, xiaomi offer ability to log certain clocks