**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Adding a disagree tag

I know there are a lot of people that might flag a post simply because they disagree. Doesn't mean the post broke rules or needs to be looked at. It would be nice to have a disagree button so people don't flag every little thing.

Comments

• KlaywikiKlaywiki Posts: 41
    This would be a good idea.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    At this point people flag posts just for the hell of it....plus if you disagree, just post that you disagree....

Cue someone posting "I disagree" after this post....lol
  • GunzoGunzo Posts: 719 ★★
    Good idea, I'm tired of the stupid flaggers, I got like over 60 flags already because sometimes many people take everything I say waaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously, like 2 people flagging my post because they thought I didn't respect someone's opinion although I just point out what's wrong with his post
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    waaaayyyy tooooooo many flaggers check out my profile.... i have 81 posts and 69 abuse flags and 30 spam flags..... all for nothing at all.....
  • GunzoGunzo Posts: 719 ★★
    2 flags for saying that I get flagged a lot, lolololol
  • TiemiliosTiemilios Posts: 337
    I disagree! but no way for you to know without reading every post!

LOL, just kidding. I think it's a good idea.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Wow so glad this came up. I was wondering why I was getting so many flags. That should be admins job to prevent spitefulness. There should be a "disagree".
    And the "Flag" removed! If they are disturbed enough they need to report it to Kabam directly.
    As long as there is a "FLAG" trolls are gonna be trolls!
  • There does need to be a feature available to allow players to report posts. This IS what the "flag" is for. It helps the Moderation team get to possible spam and abusive posts quickly. However, abusing the feature is something that absolutely is not cool. We have been reminding users of the rules and removing flags as we go when they are obviously being inappropriately used. This is a manual process, so we may not get to all incorrect flags.

Thank you for the suggestion. I think a "disagree" feature may actually make the forums feel more negative, though that's my personal opinion. We'll certainly take the feedback to the community management for consideration. In the meantime, if you disagree with a post, you're welcome to discuss it constructively or simply welcome to not comment on the thread.

As a reminder, the forum rules are located here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/54/forum-rules-please-read-prior-to-posting
    We all agree there needs to be a means of reporting violations. But as members we would like to have them be meaningful. Probably no one in here has not lost their temper and broken a rule during a pressure relief rant...a flag with an explanation and warning would be meaningful and we could look at it and say "Yeah I went to far but I was pissed! I'll try not to do that again..."
    And not for nothing Mike! The Flags come across more negative than "Disagree"
    Add a "report violations" button beside "Post a comment" Have it include quotes and send it to you with the report makers username and don't direct it to the board just to you. if a pattern of abuse in it's use emerges then you can silence the troll. And forward valid reports to the reported member.
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    There does need to be a feature available to allow players to report posts. This IS what the "flag" is for. It helps the Moderation team get to possible spam and abusive posts quickly. However, abusing the feature is something that absolutely is not cool. We have been reminding users of the rules and removing flags as we go when they are obviously being inappropriately used. This is a manual process, so we may not get to all incorrect flags.

Thank you for the suggestion. I think a "disagree" feature may actually make the forums feel more negative, though that's my personal opinion. We'll certainly take the feedback to the community management for consideration. In the meantime, if you disagree with a post, you're welcome to discuss it constructively or simply welcome to not comment on the thread.

As a reminder, the forum rules are located here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/54/forum-rules-please-read-prior-to-posting

Thanks TT for the input, I personally don't think Disagreeing with someone or tagging something you disagree with is negative, I think it allows more people in general to see a point and see what the community as a whole may think without reading ever post. It can also help keep discussions on track as it will allow people to just skip by or not give mention to those posts that are trolling or just generally looking to aggravate the community. In general I just think it's nice to know either way.
    The problem is that so many of them have no real meaning or foundation...and YOU are using them to decide who to not read...you might miss something insightful because a bored troll just went through chats flagging every post he disagreed with...
    But Maybe they do just mean to send the message that they disagree...we just aren't sure!
  • OzzieontOzzieont Posts: 237
    edited June 2017
    I totally agree with the disagree or unlike button many times people gets flag cause others disagree or dislike the post and it doesn't mean that they had broken the rules , others just flag post cause they got nothing better to do , I been flag 52 times and if you look at it in none of this flags are any because I had broken the rules or spam so I use to like the forums but is becoming a bit annoying when others just flag your post or been mean to each other at the end of all is just a game , but I guess our options don't count or just is not enough support to have this done
    All social media have a dislike button Facebook Twitter snapshot Reddit and many others but if trollers keep abusing of the flag they should be remove from the forums is taking kabam to look at unnecessary flags when there are real post that need to be look at
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Rap wrote: »
    But Maybe they do just mean to send the message that they disagree...we just aren't sure!
    Rap wrote: »
    The problem is that so many of them have no real meaning or foundation...and YOU are using them to decide who to not read...you might miss something insightful because a bored troll just went through chats flagging every post he disagreed with...

I see your point, however if a few trolls compared to most the community, can be determined pretty quickly. If a post has 25 disagrees then there is a good chance it's not just trolls.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    There does need to be a feature available to allow players to report posts. This IS what the "flag" is for. It helps the Moderation team get to possible spam and abusive posts quickly. However, abusing the feature is something that absolutely is not cool. We have been reminding users of the rules and removing flags as we go when they are obviously being inappropriately used. This is a manual process, so we may not get to all incorrect flags.

This statement shows a lot about you an the way you think, probably why you close threads an give warning out for nothing.

A disagree button would in fact help out more as it will stop people using the spam or abuse for disagreement which means when posts actually are flagged as spam or abuse they probably will be, this will benefit you guys more if you have to manually investigate each one like you claim.

Also since when had it been negative to disagree with a statement
  • wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

This statement shows a lot about you an the way you think, probably why you close threads an give warning out for nothing.

A disagree button would in fact help out more as it will stop people using the spam or abuse for disagreement which means when posts actually are flagged as spam or abuse they probably will be, this will benefit you guys more if you have to manually investigate each one like you claim.

Also since when had it been negative to disagree with a statement

I don't think guy is a kabam mod
    I would hope that is some kind of infraction...passing yourself off as a mod when you aren't and maybe discriminating incorrect information...
    Disseminating
  • JasonMBryantJasonMBryant Posts: 301 ★★

Thank you for the suggestion. I think a "disagree" feature may actually make the forums feel more negative, though that's my personal opinion.

"Disagree" is a respectful option. If people don't have a respectful option, they'll take whatever option they have.

Posts being flagged for no good reason is much more negative than people hitting a disagree button.