**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Wars Season 3 Discussion Thread

Comments

• The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    What's counter tactics?
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Is the new scoring system active now? or will the scoring system and map be put into effect together?
  • GabbrosGabbros Posts: 157
    Buffing nodes and lowering or dropping diversity is fine. But, are you guys also removing some link nodes to allow some alliances skip certain lanes?
  • KallaiRKallaiR Posts: 27
    in my opinion, you could reduse the points diversity gives so to make it count less in the final score. this way it would make people go to more hardcore defence in addition to some diversity for tie breaking.

OR put points in diversity BUT will count ONLY if the alliance score the same score!

for example. both alliance will have the same attack bonuses and the same boss kills. and they get BOTH 145.000 final score. without diversity, both will lose. BUT if diversity counts ONLY in TIE, diversity would be the tie breaker.
  • blindside493blindside493 Posts: 51
    The_One wrote: »
    What's counter tactics?

This is the node where the higher your combo is, the defender gets a pretty nasty attack increase. so you get a combo over 25 and start taking block damage - going to really hurt. This node was prevalent in the dungeons
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    I also enjoyed Thorns node... Call me crazy. It wasn't that bad, we have healer and AA reduction champs.

Im personally confused about the maps... Expert/Challenger how do I find out which one we are on. I couldn't see it in game.

w6wapd7ccree.png
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Frosty wrote: »
    How do you halve a t4cc in the rewards?

Glory crystals.
  • SWGOH_MosDefSWGOH_MosDef Posts: 145
    Given the significant change in difficulty that happens between tiers 5 & 6 (challenger vs hard maps), will multipliers be changing as well @Kabam Miike ?
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    ASV27 wrote: »
    Also, if you don't change the linked nodes or map, all mini's have to come down to get a boss kill, which means you need to take every lane.

No, the 2nd half of Lane 8 doesn't have to come down and parts of Lane 2 and 5 are unnecessary as well. Already many alliances were leaving these nodes open anyway. Also there are maps out there for boss killing express to get done with just 7 lanes I believe, allowing 3-4 back-ups for doubling up.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    The_One wrote: »
    What's counter tactics?

This is the node where the higher your combo is, the defender gets a pretty nasty attack increase. so you get a combo over 25 and start taking block damage - going to really hurt. This node was prevalent in the dungeons

Thank you, if it's from dungeons that'll be why I never saw it
    Do you have a legend for all the buffs? What is "Dismay" for instance

I will talk to the team about getting the list of Buff Descriptions for newer nodes that players might be less familiar with, but in the meantime, this is Dismay:

"Whenever the Attacker loses their highest achieved Combo in a fight, they gain a Degeneration Debuff that deals damage every second equal to {1} times the lost Combo."

This is basically the "Don't lose your Combo" Buff.

I actually love this node because it goes right into the name of this game: don't get hit. If you don't get hit you don't have to worry about the debuff.
  • TheRealApocTheRealApoc Posts: 320 ★★
    Bring back the old map! :)

Other than that, @Kabam Miike the changes aren't in effect until the start of the season right? In between now and then, diversity is in play?
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    So with the additional Minibosses, are there more points killing a mini?

It seems now it's Credit Card wars...
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Removing defender diversity is a terrible decision.
  • Thats all the reward adjustments being made? How about adding some 6* crystal shards to g1 too in helping transition please
    edited June 2018
    Frosty wrote: »
    How do you halve a t4cc in the rewards?

Glory crystal
  • 0chris9999999990chris999999999 Posts: 137
    if the true intention is to remove 100% completions, @Kabam Miike please acknowledge the suggestion to remove item use from war.

If you are talking about my comment, I don’t think forum mods respond to jailed users, lol. Especially me ;)
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    To be clear, when the community referenced "spreadsheet wars" these were defined when wars had no defender kills, no attacker bonuses, and p.i. Impacted score. Further proof that kabam is completely out of touch with its player base.