**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance Wars Season 3 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Anthrax0806Anthrax0806 Posts: 5
    and why you don‘t answer the questions who are realy interesting the community
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    So lets imagine that in an alliance with 30 members, all of them place the same defenders: Dormammu, IW IM, MODOK, Mephisto and Spider/NC. No exception.

If this things happen frequently, will the team take this in mind, and may reconsider re-introducing defender diversity? Since you are only removing this because you think that this ain't going to happen ...
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    So how about the champions we only leveld up for diversity ? speaking of my self i have lots of unused champs in my roster and it was because of diversity and i khnow everyone does !
    so what do we get from this ? the season rewards are far away from compensating the amount of items we used during the season .. the rank up items lost ( ctatalyst ) are just crazy.
  • Nightwing2380Nightwing2380 Posts: 66
    Its very sad that Kabam just doesn't care what their users think that play the game. First they add diversity so users level up characters because of that. Now they take it away and we are left with useless champions.

No rank down tickets being issued when kabam constantly keeps changing the game is an absolute joke
  • JRCrowJRCrow Posts: 14
    Guys,

There have been lots of upgrades to accommodate diversity and many resources spent. And with the addition of 6*, it makes these ranks even more pointless. I r4 a 5* kingpin but he is useless now. Especially with 6* kingpin out and prevalent in the community. I think a rank down ticket offer would be well received in the community. It also gives us more motivation to buy FGMC.

I am happy with diversity going away, but it’s tough to match new champions when we are stuck with old pointless rank ups.
  • MC1111111MC1111111 Posts: 88
    Are there any plans to increase the threshold of attack bonus from 3 deaths to a higher number?
  • VimesVonlipVimesVonlip Posts: 177 ★★
    After reading all of this i might be alone on this but i actually liked defense diversity because now everyone going to put iron man IW and domino or im going to see 5 spider-man, i like the fact before you had to be creative with your defense now you just took the creative side out of it, i do enjoy the game but before making such change why not do a poll for the community to have some input of these changes, i'm sure this game is for us the community and these change thats going to affect how we play the game should have atleased be discussed with us.

Clearly you didn't read any of it. People are angry with this change because of the reasons you've stated.
  • MahvelMahvel Posts: 67
    Still no synergies, huh?

This would be a great way to have diversity without having diversity points. I want to bring my hulk on defense and catch someone by surprise when on low life he endures and one shot combos them.
  • Minkl3Minkl3 Posts: 129
    Instead of making the Game Fair it's just been thrown in favour of the biggest spenders, even the little spenders will suffer and probably stop.
  • VindixVindix Posts: 41
    Well @Kabam Miike
    If you're making these changes this means many rank ups that people did will now become worthless - rank down tickets required
    Also if maps are harder you need to either lower potion costs, increase item use limit or give us more ways to counter new nodes or farm these items. I'm assuming you're not just trying to get more of our $
    AW needs to be fun not put an additional stress factor on the community, are you trying to loose your player base?
    Also if you are halfing the rewards then AW will most likely become not worth the resources and effort spent
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    I will steer clear of the backlash and would like to pose a suggestion (for future iterations). The map, in its current form, requires alot of specialty champs -- specifically due to bleed/poison nodes. With the increased difficulty and dropped diversity, I think that it would open things up significantly if we had less of those.
  • Drb0220Drb0220 Posts: 11
    The amount of “Diversity” rank up decisions I’ve made for defense is ridiculous. For example literally last night I ranked my 5* sym spidey from r2-r3 then this comes out today. That’s just an example of many!!! The least you guys could do is hand out a few rank down tickets
  • Vintage773Vintage773 Posts: 61
    Sorry if it's already been addressed, just skimmed through the first page.
    But, with the elimination of defender diversity points, should we expect to see rank down tickets?

People have ranked up champions specifically for this reason, champions that don't have much use in any other facet of the game. Without defender diversity, they're essentially just a pile of wasted resources now.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Vintage773 wrote: »
    Sorry if it's already been addressed, just skimmed through the first page.
    But, with the elimination of defender diversity points, should we expect to see rank down tickets?

People have ranked up champions specifically for this reason, champions that don't have much use in any other facet of the game. Without defender diversity, they're essentially just a pile of wasted resources now.

No.
    yfxyejvlgdyl.png
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    ASV27 wrote: »
    ASV27 wrote: »
    like the shorter season but the price to complete the maps just quadrupled. No more free fights and harder nodes.

So, with the exception of those Nodes on Challenger and Expert that we mentioned, we haven't made any other nodes harder. The new Nodes are meant to make things more difficult, but will also be visible from the get go, so Attackers are able to bring in champions to specifically counter whatever Champion they see there.

Removing diversity is much more important than the new nodes. There's gonna be 10+ IMIWs and Dorms on every map. I get why you did it, but it just stinks for the players.

I don't think anybody wants to place 10 Dormammu on a Map anymore... The Meta has shifted quite a bit since Diversity was introduced, and some of the former best Defenders have met their match now. Others may seem difficult right now, but Players have already started to find the counters needed for them! This will continue to happen in cycles, because that's just the nature of a game like this!

Totally not true. I already hear much discussion about lining up dorms, IM IW and Domino's in a row on the hardest nodes. Domino, like Dorm, gives unavoidable damage, so eventually you die or run out of pots. This will be the norm I guarantee.

Especially with 500% health boosts they just added
  • PeacockJazzPeacockJazz Posts: 120
    hurricant wrote: »
    NevvB wrote: »
    So you made the nodes harder, any changes in rewards?

The rewards have not changed (aside from Season rewards being halved to match the change in length). This is because Alliances were still finding these Maps far too easy. The goal of these changes is to put an end to the near 100% of wars ending in 100% Exploration.

what's wrong with 100% exploration? people will continue to pay for 100% you know that right?

100% exploration should be a rare instance, and if achieved, should be helping to decide the winner of a War. It should not be a common occurrence for both Alliances to be able to hit 100%, and then the deciding factor becomes Attacker Bonus points.

Will there be a way to beat the boss on the new map even if 100% of the map isn't cleared? Meaning that all the mini-bosses won't be links to the main boss. So if someone gets stopped on a path, the rest of the team can still get the boss down. OR will it be like past wars where if 1 path can't get through, then the link makes the boss to difficult to get through (without spending a ton). If it is the latter, it is going to put a lot of pressure on a single fighter to spend to get through their path so the team can get a boss kill for the 20K points.
  • PepeqlPepeql Posts: 24
    So assumming an alliance has 30 members with 3 differents IMIF 4,5,6stars, we are talking about 90 Iron mans, the rest 60 medusas,dormammus, morningstars, dominos and every hard champion, assuming this obviously some alliances wont be able to 100% explore the map, is this what u want kabam? Good job! I dont really think ill have a problem with all ur changes, but come on it isnt fair to everyone, u should change the wars to make it nobody can be at top but mmx. Awesome!
  • token555token555 Posts: 22

100% exploration should be a rare instance, and if achieved, should be helping to decide the winner of a War. It should not be a common occurrence for both Alliances to be able to hit 100%, and then the deciding factor becomes Attacker Bonus points.

If you want to make it more difficult to 100% complete, why not remove items and methods of payment?

You bring 5 champs instead and there is no reviving/pots allowed. This would highlight true skill.

Also, add prove yourself to mini bosses.
    [/quote]

I love this idea, but of course, they won't do that since it will hurt the revenue.
  • master88master88 Posts: 22
    what About AQ ? is there going to be an update on rewards or something on the next update ?
    @Kabam Miike