**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Wars Season 3 Discussion Thread

Comments

• zashujnzashujn Posts: 1
    Wake up your idea , Miike.
    You say it like TOP alliances were asking for drastic changes like this to make the map harder. It’s just ridiculous. Kabam knows full well that players will just have to stomach this as everyone will have to deal with it, and just spend more. GG

Maybe fix your broke af matchmaking system before anything else. And seriously, punishing things like piloting by lowering rating instead of flat out removing points?? That only helped alliances who were caught in the beginning.
  • Juan3sJuan3s Posts: 85
    Yeah, this is getting ridiculous. This is a game, it is supposed to be fun. All it is doing is removing the fun from wars now and focusing on making more money for the game. This is a bad move for the average player base, maybe not as much for the minority at the top who keep the game afloat and are willing to spend whatever it takes to win. If things keep going like this, I'm done with war altogether, and maybe this game - then I won't have to spend any units on potions or boosts at all. Yay!

Kabam keeps trying to change too much at once, war was doing fine, there are many other aspects of the game that need more attention and need to be updated. If you want to keep tweaking things with war, fine - keep the changes small.

But before we have a complete overhaul like this and basically reset everyone's war strategy back to zero - go update a part of the game that needs updating - AQ could use a little help, the solo and some alliance "events" need some help, either updating rewards or the events to make them more engaging so people actually do them (the duel event for example...). There are so many other things you could be fixing and spending time on right now that actually need to be fixed. The devs are so disconnected from the player base, it is completely out of control. (Well, in my opinion they are, but I have talked with quite a few people in my alliance as well as others who I have been in alliances with in the past, and other people posting things online, so I don't think I'm completely in the minority here).
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    @Kabam Miike Plage mind 2 and node 29 and all or nofing node pliz either remove. All or nofing or alest make plage mind 1 Not 2
  • Bill0927Bill0927 Posts: 39
    Season 3= whale wars
    this is a joke and the fact that @Kabam Miike can say we can still use the champs we ranked up for diversity in other content shows how out of touch kabam is there’s a reason people ranked them up for diversity it’s becauae the passed over better champs to help their alliance many of those champs are useless for act 5 and uncollected monthly quest so now they are back to what they used to be arena fodder only it cost u all your resources to get them there this is all about buying those crystals for the new champ who can’t be parried or has autoblock,evade, or just unavoidable damage so u can then buy potions get out your wallets if u wanna compete
  • Does anyone have the information on how long downtime was and how long it is now. Can we find out if our rewards just got cut

Two weeks
    Was it two weeks for the last season?

Nope...it was 4 weeks
  • MikeTheMighty1MikeTheMighty1 Posts: 15
    I thought that Season 2 was pretty good the way it was. Not excited by a single change announced.

Booooooooooo!!!!!!!!
  • Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 475 ★★★
    I know I won't see many changes in our bracket besides it going back to how it used to be before diversity (ie. tons of NC, IceMan, Spidey and now throw in MODOK, Medusa, Void, Domino, IMIW), but it will make the wars less fun. I don't mind the shorter season, but will make it harder to get everyone to 5 wars when currently only run 1-2 bg wars.

I really think that they should be focusing on cheating/piloting and other broke aspects of the game before anything else. That is banning offending players and not just deducting points, which does not fix the problem.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    Well here's another question. Season rewards are cut in half because the season is cut in half.. But doesn't that mean overall lower rewards due to more downtime in between seasons? Or is the downtime also cut in half. If not, then we just had our war rewards reduced

The rewards for Season length is still the same. There was never a set length for downtime between Seasons, as before it was more tied to our update release schedule. This could mean that Season 3 would have been 8 week, and then had a longer break after, or it could have been the same length.

I am not sure I understand this. If today you are able to commit to a 2 week downtime/turnaround time for 4 week AW seasons...why wouldn't you be able to commit to the same 2 week downtime/turnaround time for an 8 week AW season? What is the difference?
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    Well here's another question. Season rewards are cut in half because the season is cut in half.. But doesn't that mean overall lower rewards due to more downtime in between seasons? Or is the downtime also cut in half. If not, then we just had our war rewards reduced

The rewards for Season length is still the same. There was never a set length for downtime between Seasons, as before it was more tied to our update release schedule. This could mean that Season 3 would have been 8 week, and then had a longer break after, or it could have been the same length.

Double the amount of minibosses, double amount of buffs on nodes, double the difficulty, but no extra pay off.
    We should not get half rewards for much harder content

So far each war they seem do repeat previous implementations instead of listening to the customer base. Can't understand why but if you express your feelings you will get a warning that you aren't constructive so be careful what you say. Increase difficulty lower rewards has been an ongoing issue with every update. This will continue to happen until we can't afford to play anymore.
  • ShadeZeroShadeZero Posts: 145
    When are synergies coming back to AW? It's necessary to know what champs to rank up.
  • 0chris9999999990chris999999999 Posts: 137
    I am really struggling with trying to be positive, @Kabam Miike . I still like the idea I had of tiering item use based on difficulty, or better yet, eliminating them altogether.

You can not continue to change the meta of the game w/o offering the player base ways to adjust (RDT). Expecting folks to have to adjust by spending/grinding while major changes are applied are hurting this game.

I suggest for some type of third party intervention, like a seat on the board (many companies do this as part of restructuring), that basically injects empathy to the devs.

Actions taken are callous and insensitive; and you are not coming to the negotiating table. We need an independent arbitor because some people are addicted and therefore, need someone to intervene on said behalf. Especially when it’s a possibility that children play, you need to be responsible and IMHO tread softly lest you incur government intervention (I.e. Battlefront 2). The Star Wars IP is precious to the community and why such an uproar, Marvel is also a precious IP to us; don’t think you won’t get same attention. I just ask for some empathy, you wouldn’t want to be a player in this multiverse
  • na_na_ Posts: 55
    Don't like the way it goes.
    It will turn out to be whichever side have more imiws, medusas, dominos or any new champs with ridiculous defense ability win. Plus there's only limited choices as counters - KM/Gulk/Hype..
    Especially for middle tier allies which donot burn cash to win.
    Beats all the purpose of encouraging skills/using different champs.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    The solution to this is not to play AW in top tiers. I feel so sad and disappointed. I think this is a fallout. I feel betrayed and have no words to describe this sadness.
  • Nightwing2380Nightwing2380 Posts: 66
    Vale84 wrote: »
    8 months. 8 months to make THREE steps forwards for this game, while every single Summoner had to pull through tons of bs, bugs, and changes just to bare the enforcement of changes into war. 8,10 months, one year, and you post "NEW CHANGES TO WAR" which can be summed up with...
    "Hey summoners, we decided to go back to old war system but with new map and harder nodes, gg."
    All the (scarce) resources which you fed us for months are made useless. All the precious t2as burned into having a decent diversified defence...gone. And on top: MD change.
    You literally killed 85% of war defender rank ups in the last 8 months or so.

THIS IS SPOT ON. THANK YOU KABAM FOR WASTING A YEAR IN THIS GAME JUST TO GO BACK TO THE OLD WAYS

• R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    I am sure its been mentioned somewhere in the 100's of comments, but you all made it out like diversity was here to stay and fought us on it on how good it was. While I am glad to see diversity go, it does seem shady to have everyone waste those resources towards it later to say "you were right, we were very wrong."
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    RMT prices about to sky rocket. Keep an eye on those alliances accounts. They about to have the best champs in the game ready for defense real fast.
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    NinjAlan wrote: »
    NinjAlan wrote: »
    Still no justification for reducing season rewards either

Season rewards have been reduced by 50% because the Season length has been reduced by 50%. We've actually added rewards to Gold 1 as well.

You're not listening. Halving the rewards with an extra 2 weeks in between IS lowering rewards over the same amount of time.

I think you're misunderstanding. They're halving the rewards and halving the season time...BUT they're also halving the down time between wars. There was a full months between Season 1 and Season 2. Now there will be just 2 weeks. So its not a reduction in wars season rewards in any way.
  • Tmm1224Tmm1224 Posts: 14
    Due to removing Diversity will we be getting full rank down tickets since a lot of champs have been ranked for just that?
  • Spidey_HMSpidey_HM Posts: 2
    edited June 2018
    As a Gold 1 alliance leader, and I speak for my entire alliance ... these changes are obnoxious. Our alli revolves around AW. Everyone has enjoyed the competition the way it is. Why not make a few small tweaks?

The game that will resume July 11 is not the same game. I echo what others have said. We've ranked up to increase our diversity and now it seems like a joke. Why would we put champs we've ranked up like HTD or Magneto anywhere on this new map if it gives us no benefit? And so many rank ups were such a waste of valuable resources ...
    We got season 2 rewards to take one step forward, only to be told now we will take 5 steps back!

I strongly suggest a compromise. New map, ok (reluctantly). Shorter seasons, ok. But keep the scoring system the same. Kabam, you REALLY gotta reconsider upending the game!