**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

IMIW and Domino are game breaking champs

1235»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom weren’t you complaining about the assignment domino yourself?!
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/75444/domino-mercs#latest

And that wasn’t even about her inexplicability of breaking blocks without use of unblockable or heavy attacks

However she’s manageable. An entire class puts her down and she has predictable intercept timing

Not to say I wouldn’t mind her getting taken down a peg or 2 to remove the penalty of LOSING DEXTERITY (which is such a vital part of gameplay at high level that ALLIANCE QUEST FINAL BOSS DORMAMMU IS NOT AWAKENED BECAUSE OF DEXTERITY)

As for IMIW I’d make my peace if the timing was better. Space out the Sp1 and make it have just an extra tic or 2 of ending lag and maybe smooth it out similar on that Sp2.

Actually the only true nerds would be ther suppisedly hidden abilities to break blocks and interact with non molecular armor. Aside from that I think most people would be content with keeping dexterity and having more than a half frame to punish IMIW after specials

Specifically, no. Not about her being OP. I have no issues with Champs adding challenge. What I said was she was uniquely more challenging than the other Bosses, and it felt like it wasn't proportionate. If a Champ adds that level of challenge, the Rewards need to be scale. I wasn't suggesting she be taken down at all. I said it felt off for me.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/75444/domino-mercs#latest

And that wasn’t even about her inexplicability of breaking blocks without use of unblockable or heavy attacks

However she’s manageable. An entire class puts her down and she has predictable intercept timing

Not to say I wouldn’t mind her getting taken down a peg or 2 to remove the penalty of LOSING DEXTERITY (which is such a vital part of gameplay at high level that ALLIANCE QUEST FINAL BOSS DORMAMMU IS NOT AWAKENED BECAUSE OF DEXTERITY)

As for IMIW I’d make my peace if the timing was better. Space out the Sp1 and make it have just an extra tic or 2 of ending lag and maybe smooth it out similar on that Sp2.

Actually the only true nerds would be ther suppisedly hidden abilities to break blocks and interact with non molecular armor. Aside from that I think most people would be content with keeping dexterity and having more than a half frame to punish IMIW after specials

Specifically, no. Not about her being OP. I have no issues with Champs adding challenge. What I said was she was uniquely more challenging than the other Bosses, and it felt like it wasn't proportionate. If a Champ adds that level of challenge, the Rewards need to be scale. I wasn't suggesting she be taken down at all. I said it felt off for me.

You said all the other bosses on that same node were easy but swapping her onto that node made it hard.

See that’s like taking Cyclops, Collosus, and MODOK and having you fight them as generic fights and then node them up and drag the fight out. The “easy” defenders are still gonna be easy just gonna take a few more hits. But suddenly the MODOK that managed to clip you as a 4k just turned that “clip” into a full “beheading”

Put me against a sleeping 3* Dormammu I’ll laugh it off with a freshly spin 5*. Put me against an awakened 6* Dormammu on 3.2 in Uncollected and I’m gonna need a stiff drink and the power of prayer cause I don't have Gladiator Hulk.

Now all those nodes with great buffs but usually bad champs… any of those could be a domino. Power gain, power shield, Kinetic reactor, unblockable specials, ability chance, crits, optimism, pessimism… and the rewards WILL NOT increase to match the influx of harder defenders! That part is FACT!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★

You said all the other bosses on that same node were easy but swapping her onto that node made it hard.

See that’s like taking Cyclops, Collosus, and MODOK and having you fight them as generic fights and then node them up and drag the fight out. The “easy” defenders are still gonna be easy just gonna take a few more hits. But suddenly the MODOK that managed to clip you as a 4k just turned that “clip” into a full “beheading”

Put me against a sleeping 3* Dormammu I’ll laugh it off with a freshly spin 5*. Put me against an awakened 6* Dormammu on 3.2 in Uncollected and I’m gonna need a stiff drink and the power of prayer cause I don't have Gladiator Hulk.

Now all those nodes with great buffs but usually bad champs… any of those could be a domino. Power gain, power shield, Kinetic reactor, unblockable specials, ability chance, crits, optimism, pessimism… and the rewards WILL NOT increase to match the influx of harder defenders! That part is FACT!

You're filling in blanks I didn't leave. I have no issues with a range of Champs. That's just how the game is. No matter how you spin it, I'm not dogging on her as a Champ. I said the Rewards didn't feel proportionate because she was amped up. I wanted consistency in the challenge. Not a Domino Nerf.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Even as far as to ignore her dismantling a mechanic so vital that alliance quest Dormammu is technically “nerf’d” to prevent players from dying due to playing the game well.

The only changes I even want to see are those that reward dodging IMIW SP1 and SP2, which are TIGHT, by adding a smidge of ending lag. That way if you’re skilled enough to double dex throufh that your leg skilled enough to take a pot shot at him. As well as allowing Dexterity to remain a sacred ability as they’re even altering its interactions with Mystic Dispersion to make it more useable
  • DHCVoLtDHCVoLt Posts: 266
    Well get ready for ghost, the villain of antman and the wasp is coming to mcoc next week! What you can look forward too: glancing, invisibility, unavoidable damage.
  • RedBaron99RedBaron99 Posts: 45
    People have short memories it seems, but this is Kabam's current game model as I see and pretty much boils down to simple supply and demand:
    1. Introduce content (nodes, game modes, champions) that is challenging (for whatever reason) - this builds demand for an answer
    2. Introduce something (normally a new champion) that counters this content - this satisfies the demand
    3. Introduce something else that now negates the counter
    4. Start the cycle again, ad nauseam

The problem is rather than doing this and creating a balance, Kabam start a fire, and to counter that fire they light a bigger fire right next to it. Then before making sure those two fires are sorted out, they start another fire somewhere else, and somewhere else, and suddenly the whole place is burning down and they have to take huge corrective action, which destabilises the game and just plain pi**es people off.

If this game were properly managed (and it should be, given the size of the player base and the amount of money players spend on it), you would have a meta that ebbs and flows, with some champions coming to the fore in certain situations, and others losing power because of this shift. In fairness to Kabam, Luke Cage's rework has done this a little. At the moment however, this game feels like it's careening from one cash grab to another.
  • Dark_King888Dark_King888 Posts: 227
    Dr. Strange, Scarlet Witch, Thor of pre 12.0 were game breaking. One size fits all champs - want to do RoL, take a Thor and SW, want to win a war, Thor and SW, Legends run... Guess what.

Newer champs require attention and study and someone will soon post a video of how to beat xyz quickly using abc champ.

You need to use a particular set of champs (with certain abilities) to easily clear them. Sentinel was supposed to be a game breaker, so was Corvus. Proxima too.

Just keep trying, or wait for a youtuber to break it down for you. One odd aspect of a new champ may be broken, but no ways are these new champs game breaking. That said, Domino bypassing blocks needs to be addressed.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,539 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Domino is my main concern—more specifically, the clear fact that the designers don’t really have an idea about how she works or is supposed to work.

The influx of abilities and ability reduction mechanics in the game makes for yet another overlay on a fairly complex system. There’s not a lot of planning as to how all that should interact, and it shows—the recent uproar over AA, Mordo, Drax (and even Blade DS versus Mordo) illustrates how little thought has been put into all of these mechanics.

We are basically beta testers with a key exception: when we discover bugs in a champ, it takes an act of Congress to get the team to do anything about it.

Dr. Zola
  • Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    the im iw isn't that hard i basiclly faced him like a lots of times this last season sometimes 2 duped r4 5* i used to die from him now i khnow how to deal him . i dont have him but he isn't that crazy hyperion medusa karnak void kilmonger are good counter for him

for domino i have her as a 4* r5 haven't faced her yet in wars she is annoying to fight but not impossible counters are anyone just need to time out her abilities so you can stun/attaque her she's more like a magik without md
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    I understand these forums are meant to be a place to discuss what happening in the game, asking questions and getting help. As well as a place to give feedback on their recent champs and events. But what is the point if they don’t take any of it in. Sure they say they’ll share feedback with the team but what’s the point when they don’t reflect on it. Why give feedback at all if they don’t make the changes that obviously should be made. Why release these two broken champions. Do you even test them before putting them in. People spend money to get these champions on release, knowing they are amazing in the way they are hard to fight. Then a few months more of complaints you eventually nerf them, which means all the money spent or all the grinding in arena is for nothing. As well as taking all this time to do it (Assuming they do get fixed) . While this all could have been avoided if you made sure they were at a balanced level to other champions to start.
  • CosmicZenCosmicZen Posts: 54
    edited July 2018
    I can't emphasize enough how unfair it is to fight a Domino in war with rulk and degen while hitting her because he didn't proc a crit. Or how there is no counter to imiw except to heavy intercept and hope he doesn't break your block. It really ruins the game. Medusa and modok can be managed by the these two have no work around. Please don't introduce a champ next that can't be auto blocked and say it's the solution.