**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

If you really want to make AW competitive...

Remove diversity, reduce the item use maximum, and hide all nodes including bosses. People may disagree, but that IMO would severely reduce the stress on the player's part and move closer to Kabam's supposed goal of not wanting all 100% wars.

Comments

• Sirnoob2Sirnoob2 Posts: 289 ★★
    enable synergies as well
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    There is literally nothing Kabam can do to stop players from 100%’ing aw. The diversity change is the worst thing they could do.
  • MC1111111MC1111111 Posts: 88
    Riegel wrote: »
    There is literally nothing Kabam can do to stop players from 100%’ing aw. The diversity change is the worst thing they could do.

Selfishly, I want diversity gone so that I don't have to worry about assigning placements.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,157 ★★★★
    Enable synergies. Hide nodes. Instead of individual nodes have global ones with increasing difficulty as you move up tiers. Should stop 100% and make it fun/ interactive.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian
    I had an idea in the AWS3 thread: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/453823/#Comment_453823

Summary: eliminate potions. Crank up node difficulty. If you die on a node, you autorez and the node drops in difficulty, and you lose attacker bonus. The objective in AW would be to get as far as you can without dying, with no help from healing potions. Each death costs you points (like now) but you won't likely get show stopped because every death drops the difficulty of that node until you pass.

This would be a much more skill-based competition. Think of it like reverse dungeons. In dungeons, you start at low difficulty and keep going higher until you die: the higher you go, the more points you get. In this form of alliance war, you start at max difficulty and when you die the game drops difficulty until you survive but gives you less points with each death.
  • MC1111111MC1111111 Posts: 88
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I had an idea in the AWS3 thread: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/453823/#Comment_453823

Summary: eliminate potions. Crank up node difficulty. If you die on a node, you autorez and the node drops in difficulty, and you lose attacker bonus. The objective in AW would be to get as far as you can without dying, with no help from healing potions. Each death costs you points (like now) but you won't likely get show stopped because every death drops the difficulty of that node until you pass.

This would be a much more skill-based competition. Think of it like reverse dungeons. In dungeons, you start at low difficulty and keep going higher until you die: the higher you go, the more points you get. In this form of alliance war, you start at max difficulty and when you die the game drops difficulty until you survive but gives you less points with each death.

Great innovative idea. But it would make 100% easier, which apparently isn't the direction they want to go.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian
    MC1111111 wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Great innovative idea. But it would make 100% easier, which apparently isn't the direction they want to go.

Conceptually, I would say that the goal would be to convince whomever at Kabam is stuck on 100% being a problem that this idea prevents alliances from completing the top tier difficulty 100%, it only allows them to complete lower tier difficulties 100%.

Sarcastically, I would say that we could add node 56 in the upper right corner and have no paths lead to it.