**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Wars Season 3 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    The changes it doesn’t feel like it is meant for players,

1. Shoter time for season— that means more frequent changes
    2. Easy AW fights at lower level—this is a strategic move by Kabam, I really like this one, if you analyze the data , the higher group is playing very actively that means, more goodies they collect infect they are over stacked of gold, revives, potions , glory and units , that means no actual buying ($). This group is a limited set of alliances, now if you wanted to shake this setup bring new players, if new players are stuck at lower level only then it will be a monopoly situation,so just let lower level players cross the threshold and let them come to the bigger pool. They will use all means necessary to maintain the position and objective achieved. 😏
    3. Diversity— lol 😂 this one is a bummer, they had to remove this cause no matter how buffed the node is kamala will be smashed to the ground 😂😂. Kabam never thought this will bit them on the perfect spot 😂😂

I don’t know what other changes they introduced but kabam, your audience isn’t 6year old kids, even if we are .... we are getting matured with your changes 😂😂 love you kabam
  • 100% exploration should be a rare instance, and if achieved, should be helping to decide the winner of a War. It should not be a common occurrence for both Alliances to be able to hit 100%, and then the deciding factor becomes Attacker Bonus points.

I love this
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    I know people want replies, but there is no point in them answering questions until they know what their bosses are going to do to fix the situation
    they would be just giving non answers making people even more mad

Which bosses???? As far I know we the players that pay kabam’s game are the most important thing. Wihout us and our money the game cannot run.

Following that logic...it’s the whales they are more worried about pleasing. You have to get the spenders to be on the same page as the rest of the f2p gamers for anything to change
  • ASV27ASV27 Posts: 91
    The more I think about it the more I'm convinced we'll get a "we heard you and we're keeping diversity, along with the additional mini-bosses for season 3" announcement tomorrow. The just can't risk having the community gather against them on the 4th, which is one of their biggest revenue days of the year.

It's the simplest solution and IMO better then issuing RDTs.
  • ASV27ASV27 Posts: 91
    edited June 2018
    Dup Post
  • Joey0480Joey0480 Posts: 100
    It is unacceptable at this point that the mods have vanished when one of the key items players want is transparency and communication.
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    edited June 2018
    So I am not mad at the harder wars since lanes will be doubled up. I don’t understand the whining on rank down tickets when every alliance I face has the same 3 champs in war if they have them with blade being the R5.

I truly was a team player, my alliance went full diversity and I have a R4 magneto and a R4 Ironfist to be a team player. Probably two of the crappiest heroes in the game. Now I am told by my alliance that they might have to let me go for season 3. I go from bring a complete Team player at my champion expense to being potentially kicked. I have the fighting skill, I don’t die high tiers, but now since I have these horrible defenders because all the good ones were taken. I’m at risk of being booted and whose gonna take me in Platinum now.

@KabamMike
    Is there a way you can offer Rank down ticket that the catalysts are only usable for champs we had before Diversity started? This would fix all of the complaints and give everyone no excuse.

Also, you didn’t have to make the wars harder. All you had to do was Nerf blade and the Trinity synergy, because that is all this game is in the Platinum 3 and up tiers. Alot of people are whining even though they were selfish and ranked who they wanted and have a solid profile. I know you can’t help on individual cases because Support Tickets have never helped me once 0/6, but I HONESTLY have 2 of the worst R4s FROM DIVERSITY that was from being a team player and completely am getting f’d by this new AW take.
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★
    Instead of removing diversity why not make there be a maximum points available.
    Possibly 40 diverse champs per bg which would give alliances the option to duplicate 10 champs per bg without losing out on points.
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    You've misread. The doubled paths are only for easy and normal tier wars (tier 13 and below). All other maps are still basically single runners. Challenger and Expert (tier 5 and up) actually are getting another set of minibosses as well.
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    Sorry, bug caused double post.
  • Adriano1992Adriano1992 Posts: 4
    Belaza toda essas mudanças aí é nós jogadores como fica nessa situação? Subimos diversos heróis por conta da diversidade para obter um resultado melhor.. E vocês eliminar um fator que já não tinha nem uma significância na AW, sendo que poderíamos ta evoluindo nossa conta com outros heróis da nossa preferência, mais não subimos por nessecidade da diversidade.. Muitos de nós queremos os (tickets de rebaixamento)
  • ezmoneyezmoney Posts: 208
    rank down tickets won't mean squat unless the cheating is resolved first. If the slaps on the wrists continue, the cheats will continue to run what is supposed to be a fair competitive event.
  • ScholiaScholia Posts: 116
    It is not that easy. I even predicted this problem back in 14.0. The problem is that when Kabam introduced diversity points, they *added* a new option for defense placement. Adding new choices is something players should always expect, and they don't deserve perfect information about the future or a way to change their decisions from the best today to the best tomorrow. But removing diversity points is different: instead of adding new better options they are directly *removing* an option. By removing the points diverse defenders can score, they eliminated the justification for ranking them up. That's different: you're now making a change that destroys the usefulness of many players rank up decisions.

If you don't issue RDTs, removing diversity points will cost many players a lot of rank up resources that take a huge amount of time to acquire in a way that I think is unjustifiable. But if you do issue RDTs, you will solve that problem and create a potentially worse one. Everyone will now use those RDTs to rank up much stronger defenders which players will now have to face, and that defensive change will happen practically overnight. Especially for alliances in the expert or challenger tiers, they are getting their maps cranked up harder on top of suddenly facing a much stronger complement of defenders. But this will also trickle down to lower alliances that might have an even harder time facing ten Nightcrawlers than a top alliance will have facing ten IMIWs.

The problem is that not only are some of these changes bad in my opinion, but they combine together in ways that make no sense to me from a game design perspective. You wouldn't want to inflict these things in combination, even if they were all good ideas separately. Which they are not.[/quote]

I completely agree with this comment. Giving out RDTs isnt the correct thing for me. What Kabam need to do I think is to leave diversity in, and increase the rewards so that alliances can determine if they deem it sensible to spend on resources to win a war with the buff nodes.
    @ezmoney completely agree

I truly was a team player, my alliance went full diversity and I have a R4 magneto and a R4 Ironfist to be a team player. Probably two of the crappiest heroes in the game. Now I am told by my alliance that they might have to let me go for season 3. I go from being a complete Team player at my profile expense to being potentially kicked. I have the fighting skill, I don’t die high tiers, but now since I have these horrible defenders because all the good ones were taken. I’m at risk of being booted and whose gonna take me in Platinum now.

@KabamMike
    Is there a way you can offer Rank down ticket that the catalysts are only usable for champs we had before Diversity started? This would fix all of the complaints and give everyone no excuse.

Also, you didn’t have to make the wars harder. All you had to do was Nerf blade and the Trinity synergy, because that is all this game is in the Platinum 3 and up tiers. Alot of people are whining even though they were selfish and ranked who they wanted and have a solid profile. I know you can’t help on individual cases because Support Tickets have never helped me once 0/6, but I HONESTLY have 2 of the worst R4s FROM DIVERSITY that was from being a team player and completely am getting f’d by this new AW take.
  • TONY_EFFIN_PTONY_EFFIN_P Posts: 4
    So why spend money or time grinding in this game anymore? I feel like any time the community starts getting comfortable and getting used to nerfs or war changes you pull the rug out from under us. Ive had to spend months worth of grinding to rank up crappy champs just to give them a fighting chance and now all that is for nothing and all I get is a sorry about your luck from Kabam. Well sorry but you guys aren’t getting another dime from me and I’m sure I’m not the only one.
  • MagiknightMagiknight Posts: 12
    So, no diversity means you are going to release more defensive champions to make us waste more money on crystals to get them, plus make us waste more to complete AW. Great, this just makes me want to stop playing.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    Well, OP, Kabam doesn’t think Iron Fist and and Magneto are terrible champs. They feel they bring balance to the game and are worth rank up materials. Remember Cyclops is a highly effective champ.

Sorry bruh, but you’re skrewwwwed, but your post is an excellent example of some of the problems with the current state of the game. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you find a good alliance that will appreciate your dedication and skill.
  • BalzSoLo_1BalzSoLo_1 Posts: 4
    I want my mystic gem and 112 stones and rank down ticket including catalyst Iso and gold returned for ranking my 5* iron fist up souly for diversity
  • doodie09doodie09 Posts: 20
    Practically, Blade is the first champ Kabam starts to sell with real money. And pretty sure they made a fortune with it. Kabam cannot "Nerf" Blade.
    Maybe the synergy tho.
  • DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★
    Rockon wrote: »
    and what about awakening gems for us that awakened champs used strictly for war?

You can still use those Champions on Defense if you please, and might want to use them again in the future. This was a choice based on the Meta of the game at the time. The Meta will always change, and what might be a great Champion on Defense now, might not be in a few weeks, or a month, and then could end up as the top defender again in another 4 months.

There will be no Rank Down Tickets, or anything of the like, for this Change.

EDIT: For Clarity

Are you sure this is edited this for clarity??? Seems rather confusing to be. Let me see if i get it.....

So what your telling us is that if a player ranks up a champ to r5 spending expensive resources, this champ could become useless in a matter of weeks because the meta can change so drastically in a short period of time???? 😱😱😱

Please clarify
  • Tmm1224Tmm1224 Posts: 14
    How long does it take to discuss with the “team” about what we are trying to say. Honestly we need this fixed before aw season 3 or there won’t be a season 3 for a lot of us
    @doodie09 it woulda fixed all of this problem tbh.. they removed a lot of the skill from this game by introducing blade and the synergy on top of it.

Now its messing over ppl like me with magneto and IF as R4 for diversity.

Didn’t they do 12.0 because they wanted to bring more diversity to the game from everyone using the same OP lineup?

That’s odd because now every single AW team and every single AWD will be the exact same..
    Moises_H wrote: »
    If rdt’s are given, they had better include the gold and any awakening gems, sig stones and all material used on that champ.

I think the resources from those rank downs should only be able to be use on champs you had prior to the diversity update. If they could figure out a way to do that.probably unpopular but would be fair.
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    Sadly, that's the harsh reality and true nature of alliances in the Contest. You either adapt and evolve or you get thrown out like a piece of trash. It doesn't matter how committed and dedicated you are or were, you're just another stepping stone that's replaceable and irrelevant.