**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Deals

2»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    MRod77 wrote: »
    If they had considered the possibility before releasing the deal, people wouldn't have been so offended....
    It's just suspicion.

So you're telling people to expect nerfs when deals are released so that they aren't offended when the nerfs happen and when someone does just that and creates this thread, you are telling them they are needlessly suspicious?

I never told anyone to expect nerfs. I said the connection between the nerfs and the deals was conjecture, and that one case of bad timing does not make it a pattern of deception.
    spumington wrote: »
    Shrimkins wrote: »
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    Problem is history has taught us that when we get an offer like this something bad is about to happen.

Once doesn't make a pattern.

guess you forgot about the Dr Strange deal, then the rank up packages prior to 12.0

That is the once I am referring to.

That's two separate deals. That's twice.

with 1 nerf. That's once.

I've got other reasons for not jumping on this deal but "fear of nerfs" is definitely not one of them.

Two separate nerfs in one update. DS got nerfed. The t4cc deal that people purchased a couple weeks before could have been used for SW or Thor or BW or any of the other champs that got nerfed. Kabam gave (at least) two deals that would be rendered useless a short time later. That's shady.

Okay now you're running with conspiracy and connecting things that aren't connected.

That's your opinion, and you're welcome to it. Kabam announced Act 5 at the Brazil Comic Con prior to offering either deal. They already knew what was in the works before they offered those deals.

What does Act 5 have to do with the 12.0 nerfs?
  • MRod77MRod77 Posts: 154
    Cannot call it bad timing when v12 was in the works for months with a planned release date. Each deal was purposely put out there with knowledge of what they were being purchased and used for.
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Problem is history has taught us that when we get an offer like this something bad is about to happen.

guess you forgot about the Dr Strange deal, then the rank up packages prior to 12.0

I've got other reasons for not jumping on this deal but "fear of nerfs" is definitely not one of them.

Two separate nerfs in one update. DS got nerfed. The t4cc deal that people purchased a couple weeks before could have been used for SW or Thor or BW or any of the other champs that got nerfed. Kabam gave (at least) two deals that would be rendered useless a short time later. That's shady.

Conspiracy. They're not related. It's circumstantial. At worst, it's bad timing and poor forethought, but it doesn't mean they are being shady or deceptive.

To be fair, is it just uncanny timing how such a rank package is offered after the biggest money making Defender in AW had his basic, of which was the highest basic score yet in the new arena's. This offer while financially isn't terrible it is however from a PR perspective. The community see's through it and the BS bugs in the game. Had they made this offer in a few weeks after a few of the bugs had been ironed out you may have a more receptive audience. But it's good to know you made it to the new forums, to make sure you pat them on their back. As we have clearly seen you must need offers like these to progress in the game. It's deceptive and shady to think that low of us.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★

I never told anyone to expect nerfs. I said the connection between the nerfs and the deals was conjecture, and that one case of bad timing does not make it a pattern of deception.
    Nvm. Misread the "expecting nerfs" part
    BUT, as many have pointed out, that is not a "one case of bad timing" though you refuse to accept it based on your own criteria of considering those instances as one. Even then you can't deny the DP nerf and the marvellous crystal (5*) deal. So there have been at least 3 such instances
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★

Okay now you're running with conspiracy and connecting things that aren't connected.

That's your opinion, and you're welcome to it. Kabam announced Act 5 at the Brazil Comic Con prior to offering either deal. They already knew what was in the works before they offered those deals.

Act 5 was designed with the changes introduced in 12.0 in mind. Kabam Miike said as much:
    We're seeing a lot of posts about the Degen nodes in this Chapter, but it's really important to note that this Chapter will require you to act strategically, and not just play the way that everybody is used to. Things like Class Advantage are now once again very important, and most of the nodes have a way to counter Degen built right in, whether it's life steal, or giving you a whole lot of extra attack, the team made these nodes to be a challenge, but with all of the changes introduced in 12.0 in mind.

http://community.kabam.com/forums/showthread.php?741051-Announcing-Story-Quest-Act-V&p=3351091&viewfull=1#post3351091

If they designed Act 5 with the 12.0 changes in mind, then any deals that appeared after the announcement of Act 5 would have been with the knowledge of the 12.0 changes.

Nvm. Misread the "expecting nerfs" part
    BUT, as many have pointed out, that is not a "one case of bad timing" though you refuse to accept it based on your own criteria of considering those instances as one. Even then you can't deny the DP nerf and the marvellous crystal (5*) deal. So there have been at least 3 such instances

The Marvelous Crystal was not a nerf. It was an offer for a list of Champs. Part 3 of 3. When they improve the 5* Crystals, which was long-overdue, I don't consider that a nerf.
    As for DP, I'm not familiar with any nerf. If you have a link to reference, I would look at it.
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    ah yes the new forums are bringing back old memories. Didn't take long for the new forums to lose that new forum smell and have it replaced with that old web smell.

Buyer beware. You know what usually follows these. I don't necessarily think their intentions are nefarious, I just don't think the left hand talks to the right. Marketing has their plan and marketing typically isn't in tune with the day to day issues.
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    DanielRand wrote: »

Well, even if you just at that statement, simple math says 1(Dr Strange) plus 1(pre 12.0) equals 2. That's twice as many as once. There have been other instance quoted as well.

What? 12.0 and DS were all at the same time.

the nerf was the same time, the deals were seperate

Then the nerf had nothing to do with the deals. We're talking major changes after deals. That was all one large change. People keep making a connection between the deals and the nerfs and they really weren't connected at all. That was the problem. If they had considered the possibility before releasing the deal, people wouldn't have been so offended.
    That still doesn't mean they release deals to nerf things. Makes no sense at all. It's just suspicion.
    I don't get why people take to the Forum over every deal. If you don't want it, don't buy it. There's no need to picket McDonald's because you are a Vegan and they sell burgers. Lol.

They are connected when people buy those deals to use on specific champs like DS or SW. Then those champs get nerf. Hence the connection. Maybe 1 out of 10 people bought those deals and used it on someone other than one of the god tier champs. Web you can sit and argue with us but the majority here can make the connection. If you need we could draw you map, if you require visual guides in the future please ask in advance.
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★

Act 5 was designed with the changes introduced in 12.0 in mind. Kabam Miike said as much:
    We're seeing a lot of posts about the Degen nodes in this Chapter, but it's really important to note that this Chapter will require you to act strategically, and not just play the way that everybody is used to. Things like Class Advantage are now once again very important, and most of the nodes have a way to counter Degen built right in, whether it's life steal, or giving you a whole lot of extra attack, the team made these nodes to be a challenge, but with all of the changes introduced in 12.0 in mind.

http://community.kabam.com/forums/showthread.php?741051-Announcing-Story-Quest-Act-V&p=3351091&viewfull=1#post3351091

If they designed Act 5 with the 12.0 changes in mind, then any deals that appeared after the announcement of Act 5 would have been with the knowledge of the 12.0 changes.

Not necessarily true. There are tons of aspects of a design that have nothing to do with 12.0 and it's changes.

Tuning the nodes to 12.0 could have been as easy as removing 100% champion boost.
    edited May 2017

Well, even if you just at that statement, simple math says 1(Dr Strange) plus 1(pre 12.0) equals 2. That's twice as many as once. There have been other instance quoted as well.

Then the nerf had nothing to do with the deals. We're talking major changes after deals. That was all one large change. People keep making a connection between the deals and the nerfs and they really weren't connected at all. That was the problem. If they had considered the possibility before releasing the deal, people wouldn't have been so offended.
    That still doesn't mean they release deals to nerf things. Makes no sense at all. It's just suspicion.
    I don't get why people take to the Forum over every deal. If you don't want it, don't buy it. There's no need to picket McDonald's because you are a Vegan and they sell burgers. Lol.

They are connected when people buy those deals to use on specific champs like DS or SW. Then those champs get nerf. Hence the connection. Maybe 1 out of 10 people bought those deals and used it on someone other than one of the god tier champs. Web you can sit and argue with us but the majority here can make the connection. If you need we could draw you map, if you require visual guides in the future please ask in advance.

My name is GroundedWisdom. There is no connection. It's accusations based on circumstantial evidence. If you have some evidence besides a vague timeline, I may consider the idea. Instead, you have a series of events that are separated by many factors and made to sound related based on the unhappiness of the 12.0 changes.
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★

Not necessarily true. There are tons of aspects of a design that have nothing to do with 12.0 and it's changes.

Tuning the nodes to 12.0 could have been as easy as removing 100% champion boost.

Not necessarily true means that you can understand that it's possible. We may disagree on interpretation of what he's saying here, and that's fine. I don't trust Kabam. I feel that's justified based on what they've said in the past along with the timing of certain things (i.e. how long it takes to design something like Act 5). I also don't really spend money ($6 since Christmas) so they probably don't care.

PS - man, I really hate this new forum...
  • No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★

He might have been too busy finishing up act 1 to notice the deals so go easy on him.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

That's not what Kabam Miike say in that quote. He is saying elements of Act 5 factored in specific 12.0 changes. That could just as easily mean that 12.0's changes were incorporated into Act 5 as it was being worked on, and were not part of Act 5's original design.

We know they were still testing and making decisions on AQ season four's mini bosses literally days before it was going to be launched, so we know they do not lock in things like node difficulty early in the design process. If anything, you are granting them the presumption of vast developmental foresight they have consistently demonstrated a total lack thereof. If you actually were reviewing the changes they made in 12.0 at release like I was, there was strong evidence to suggest that the Act 5 design team could not possibly have had any idea what 12.0's mechanical and balance changes were going to look like, because so many of them showed evidence of being done haphazardously and at the last minute.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    What exactly is the time frame for prior? And how are you connecting unrelated and common events as proof of Something to come?
    People are relying on coincidences as evidence. I feel like I'm watching a John Edward reading.

The DS crystal was in mid November, which directly coincided with his Movie release and monthly quest.

There have been regular T4cc deals throughout the history of the game. They are bound to coincide with game updates. Same with 4* rank up/booster/catalyst packages.

I'm sure the 12.0 Wolervine crystal will find its way into this somehow, that coincided with "Logan"'s theatrical release in the US.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

Is this websnatcher? You definitely have a high enough number of posts since the new forum is only a few days old lol :)
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

Is this websnatcher? You definitely have a high enough number of posts since the new forum is only a few days old lol :)

My name is beside my Avatar.
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Wasn't a post to argue over, just expressing personal stance and frustration
  • KillerDynastyKillerDynasty Posts: 74
    edited May 2017
    If they had considered the possibility before releasing the deal, people wouldn't have been so offended....
    It's just suspicion.

So you're telling people to expect nerfs when deals are released so that they aren't offended when the nerfs happen and when someone does just that and creates this thread, you are telling them they are needlessly suspicious?

No he is saying expect something terrible to happen, when ever they give a deal that is somewhat affordable. These greedy people don't gave anything unless they plan on taking something away. Seriously last time t4cc was offered it was $100 and now it $50 yes something bad is about to happen. Its just how they operate. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.
  • And closing this down now. Thank you for the feedback OP, but this has degenerated into something completely off topic.

Furthermore, as we have said in the past and will say again, not everybody is going to want to take advantage of every deal. If you do not, that is okay, and your reasoning is your own.
This discussion has been closed.