**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

RE: Alliance Wars Season 3 - An Update [Merged Threads]

SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
@Kabam Miike
It is great that defender diversity will continue to be a part of Alliance Wars as we have been adjusting to this aspect for the past several months. It is also reassuring that you will keep us, the community, in the loop when you do want to change some drastically as you almost have done. However, one problem still arise:

To truly play competitively in Alliance Wars, you're going to have to use 20-30% attack, attack + health, and health boosts along with using Level 4 potions. Because of this, each alliance war becomes VERY expensive. I heard of one MCOC player in a top 10 alliance stating that he spends about 1,400 units PER WAR to boost up, potion up, etc. The fact that you're increasing the difficult of Alliance Wars, knowing full well that it's expensive as heck already, is very discouraging. There have been a lot of turnover these past couple of days because people are burnt out and can no longer handle the stress that AW Season brings. As a result, the community believes this becomes a "Wallet Wars" or "Pay 2 Win Wars" and you can't blame them for such accusations. What people have proposed is to either (1) reduce the cost of alliance potions or (2) give each member a set amount of items each war to use. This would help in ensuring that we are able to maintain the competitive integrity of the game instead of alliances with big wallets purchasing their way through the war.

Two more suggestions:
1) Going forward, since we are going to have 4 weeks of AW and 2 weeks off, I'd like to suggest (thanks to @THE_Bmanny) that we have 1 week OFF of AW (to truly call it a "break") and then 1 week of Preseason Wars to get adjusted to the new changes you have planned for us.
2) During the break of AW, have Halls of Healing running so that we can restock on items for the season. Instead of having to get units, use glory all the time it would be nice to get a break via Halls of Healing.

That's all I have to say and the community would appreciate your feedback.

Comments

• PaggotmanPaggotman Posts: 9
    Good idea. I was thinking they could just cap the points you get. So having a few duplicates in each group wouldn't hurt you.
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    After the utter failure of the 12.0 "update" Kabam assured all the players that they would not make sweeping changes to platform without significant communication. With the latest announcement, along with other smaller changes along the way, those commitments are revealed to be as reliable as the pixels behind them.
    I am not a fan of diversity, nor do I think RDT are the answer, but I, like most in my alliance, have ranked champs that I would not have otherwise due to diversity.
    Kabam, you are only consistent in your inconsistency. If you have turnover in your staff whether moderator, developers or wha have you, when you sommit to something as a company, have the integrity to follow through with it.
  • FishFish Posts: 3
    Ok so diversity isnt being changed now, well there are members of my alliance and im sure plenty of other alliances that have ranked up champs that they normally wouldnt have because we thought diversity was going away. This is ridiculous things just drastically change at the drop of a hat. Now all of the items used for these now useless rank ups have gone to waste. Please issue rank down tickets so these rank ups can be fixed. This was caused by kabam, now please make this right
  • YSBYSB Posts: 192
    I’m glad you are reversing the decision to eliminate diversity, but in the time you made that announcement and the time you reversed it, many people ranked champs they thought they’d be able to use on D now. But not, they can’t.

Seems like a valid reason to send out at least one generic 5* rank down ticket.
    I’m glad you are reversing the decision to eliminate diversity, but in the time you made that announcement and the time you reversed it, many people ranked champs they thought they’d be able to use on D now. But not, they can’t.

Seems like a valid reason to send out at least one generic 5* rank down ticket.
  • PurveyorPurveyor Posts: 201 ★★
    edited June 2018
    Yup. Did a rank up today on modok. Totally worthless to me now. I’m they changed the course a little. But going back and forth is absurd.
  • ACIDUCKACIDUCK Posts: 64
    edited June 2018
    same here, i ranked up non-diversity defenders in hopes of adapting to this and now im screwed. im guessing this is my fault??? not cool at all
  • ACIDUCKACIDUCK Posts: 64
    Fish wrote: »
    Ok so diversity isnt being changed now, well there are members of my alliance and im sure plenty of other alliances that have ranked up champs that they normally wouldnt have because we thought diversity was going away. This is ridiculous things just drastically change at the drop of a hat. Now all of the items used for these now useless rank ups have gone to waste. Please issue rank down tickets so these rank ups can be fixed. This was caused by kabam, now please make this right

THIS. EXACTLY.
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    No you don’t deserve RDTs if you ranked up a champ today. That’s ridiculous. They said they were discussing things with the team and there’s still 2 weeks left until the new season. Your inpatience to rank someone before they confirmed the changes is not subject to a RDT

I didn’t. But many did. And they announced it saying it WAS happening. Not that they were thinking about it. Hence all the pissed off people and their decision to reverse. They wouldn’t have had to reverse if they they didn’t make it official.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    No you don’t deserve RDTs if you ranked up a champ today. That’s ridiculous. They said they were discussing things with the team and there’s still 2 weeks left until the new season. Your inpatience to rank someone before they confirmed the changes is not subject to a RDT

Agree. It was a proposed change that didn't even take effect. Now they've changed their minds. They introduce it, people want them. They scrap it, people want them. They hear the feedback and decide not to, people want them.
  • MicklownickMicklownick Posts: 315 ★★
    So we all have seen the news and the reversal... and yet somehow, I am even more nervous to upgrade my roster. My interpretation of the reversal reads like this...

We gunna keep diversity but increase node difficulty in hopes you can’t finish the map 100% so players gunna stack defense and mute diversity regardless oh and now you have a heads up we are looking to get rid of diversity... but at least we don’t have to hear your yip yap about RDT

-xoxo Kabam
  • GreekBeekGreekBeek Posts: 107
    I ranked up Modok right after that announcement. My BG already has two. This is a gong show!!! Lol i love it
  • Tiberius77Tiberius77 Posts: 14
    A lot of ppl ranked. I did spider and now can’t use him.
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    The one day while they were discussing is a horrible excuse. They should offer one because diversity is completely pointless now. With wars not being able to be 100% by their own admission now, Noones gonna place my R4 5* IF that was a complete waste for diversity points over Medusa or any of the other awesome champs
  • Bambam7700Bambam7700 Posts: 38
    Kabam is not giving us rank down tickets so it’s easier to reverse diversity to make us feel accomplished as a community but at the end of the day kabam needs to listen to the community and work with us to make the game great. I’m sure there will people unhappy who have ranked up champs in the last 24 hours because of what they said previously that will
    want rank down tickets. However kabam doesn’t care so just play to have fun, do what you want and be happy because trying to have a strategy is pointless when kabam is always working against us. In two weeks it will be something different they will want to change. This game hasn’t been the same since 12.0
  • Parkster_9999Parkster_9999 Posts: 28
    If you want to improve AW you have to extend the attack bonus to about 10 fights , my alliance lost a few wars last season when the opponent died twice as much , sometimes tripled , they shouldn’t be rewarded with a win when they die on 2 different nodes 25 times each , that’s ridiculous , and for Pete’s sake raise the damn player level to 70 or 75 and give us something more to look forward to, we’ve all been stuck at 60 for ages . Thanks
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    I agree with level 60 change. These XP boosts are a waste now for 2 years this is freaking redonkulous
    You can’t mention ranking in the last 24 hours. It gets deleted.
  • MicklownickMicklownick Posts: 315 ★★
    We gunna keep diversity but increase node difficulty in hopes you can’t finish the map 100% so players gunna stack defense and mute diversity regardless oh and now you have a heads up we are looking to get rid of diversity... but at least we don’t have to hear your yip yap about RDT

• RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    I'd like to address what I believe is a glaring gap in understanding between the community and the decision makers influencing new content and changes in the game. Recently, there have been 4 large changes made to the game that have required almost immediately large scale fixes or adjustments. They were the initial changes to AW (removal of defender kills), introduction of Sentinels to AQ, Dungeons (both grind time and prestige gates), & diversity. All these changes lead to massive community uproar followed by a simple fix that vastly improved the feature. My question is, why is there such a disconnect that this keeps happening? Communication is lacking and it is causing unnecessary mistakes and anger.

I believe you should consider creating and implementing a 10 to 15 player sized panel for changes you intend to make to the meta & competitive game modes. Include content creators, devs who play, randomly selected people who are active in the community. This panel doesn't need to have any sort of actual power, it can just be used as a sounding board for the new changes. This will help identity and address issues the community will have with changes. Something like today's diversity change would have been flagged and you could have gone about it in a different way.

The community needs more input and communication or the game will continue to suffer for no reason. These mistakes are so easily avoidable!
  • DaddyDDaddyD Posts: 75
    Who would you rank down tho? Or do you just come to troll?

uup9p78ukccd.png

Agree. It was a proposed change that didn't even take effect. Now they've changed their minds. They introduce it, people want them. They scrap it, people want them. They hear the feedback and decide not to, people want them.

• IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    Yup pretty much. They accidentally became transparent for once.
    I’m one of them. Waited until the last possible minute. But had to rank this morning or burn overflow t4cc. Went on the info I had.
  • Bambam7700Bambam7700 Posts: 38
    Purveyor wrote: »
    You can’t mention ranking in the last 24 hours. It gets deleted.

I don’t understand what you said
  • Parkster_9999Parkster_9999 Posts: 28
    Need to extend attack bonuses to more than 3 fights and punish the scrubs who die to one hero like 10-15 times and just keep using items , I thought alliance wars was trying to determine the most skilled alliances , not the biggest spenders
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    I just rank 4d Spider-Man today. And now. He’s useless man!!!! Cmon bro!! You guys are insane with this!